Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SAM THE MONEY MAN ? or Sir Terry Mathews? If only

Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:10 am

Brilliant Up date by Carl I guess there not many clubs that gets the inside Info Like we get.
As Carl ask, Let me ask you something , I knew even before I read it what he was going to ask. First its going to be very interesting over the next few months. As to how Cardiff City will handle the Jay problem of, will he wont he.?
If Cardiff City and the People in the driving seat are serious about us going up,then surely they have to come back with a better offer to the guy ( Jay) that's not Behind the scenes, but where it matter ON THE FIELD OF PLAY!
Say what you want about Dave Jones, he has done Brilliant to bring us this far with very little money. He has made his cock ups as every Manager do. But all in all hes been Brilliant for this club with all the problems he has had to put up with,and still he and his team as got us once again in a promotion position.

We have now got over seas investors in the club and we have started to pay off the money we owe.
All looks good at this time and where we are now with the players we got the near future looks bright and very interesting for all Cardiff City Fans.
The question is, Sam can see and smell money in the shape off our Malaysian investors,and he is thinking, they owe me and I have the cards in my hand to get myself back into the money again. But do we as Cardiff City Fans want him back ? I for one would say no way ! I'm sure theres others who would say , well yerrr ok why not after all we do owe him money.

Well I will now say something that know one on here would know, But I lived in the Philippines and there is a guy that lives there now who is Also from Cardiff ,he was a Business man in Cardiff and retired to the Philippines and knew Sam very well.
I will not say the guys,But I found him to be a very honest guy and is now married to a girl from the phils and is very happy.
Also I will not say what he told me,But I for one wouldn't want the Mann back at this Club.

I think it would be better to think, Well we all know how much the Asians love Golf, and We have a guy here in Wales who would also see the big picture and he has the Celtic Manor,would it not be great to have Sir Terry Matthews on the board ? and he is Welsh,and That makes more sence to me.

Re: SAM THE MONEY MAN ? or Sir Terry Mathews? If only

Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:38 am

i think carl was just asking peoples opinions regarding sam.
my own personal opinion is that they are trying to settle with sam for as little as possible the same as they have been trying to do with other creditors.
I dont believe the malaysians want sam at the club and will take the club forward on their own.
If they did want to bring in new investors i believe they would come from asia and nowhere else.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:48 am

welshcitydragon wrote:I think it would be better to think, Well we all know how much the Asians love Golf, and We have a guy here in Wales who would also see the big picture and he has the Celtic Manor,would it not be great to have Sir Terry Matthews on the board ? and he is Welsh,and That makes more sence to me.

Terry Matthews can't stand football. If he wanted to invest, he would have done so by now.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:49 am

NOTHING IN LIFE IS MORE CERTAIN, THAN LIFE IS COMPLETLY UNCERTAIN !