Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We Will Win Tonight

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:10 pm

As long as we play to our strengths unlike Sunday and in my opinion DJ must give our players the freedom to express themselves, to impose themselves on the game and display their undoubted quality on this match.

Whatever your views of Sundays game we lost because on the day we were unrecognisable to the team we all know and love. Without doubt this evening Chris Burke must play and if the game has come to quickly for Craig to recover Whitts must play wide left.

For me on Sunday the worst thing about the whole thing was the complete lack of width in the team there were times when our entire midfield and forward line were using no more than 30% of the width of the pitch. Indeed it was only when Chris Burke came on that at least we started using the entire width down the right hand side.

Having Jay back is a huge boost to everyone but IMO DJ must release Chops back to his best position on the shoulder of the last defender none of this sitting deep and joining the play late, for me he is far and away the most dangerous player in the division when played that way.

Also we must never witness again the grotesque scene of Whitts being played as a deep defensive midfield player whilst Oli and DD are sent forward to support the attacking players, for gods sake the lad was the top scorer in the Championship last season.

DJ is right about one thing we have not become a bad team overnight but we have shown we can on occasions play badly, or we can play badly because of the way we set ourselves up to play.

On Sunday we set ourselves up badly, gifted possession to Swansea and let them dictate the pace of the game and then made a series of decisions from the technical area which only served to make the problems we had worse. I don't want to sit through another game where our great team dies a slow and painful death in front of us.

We have the best attacking players in this division and they must be released to impose themselves on the game and if we lose giving it a go surely thats better than watching great players slowly dying in front of us.

We could all find that easier to live with than Sunday surely. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: We Will Win Tonight

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:16 pm

Yes City to win 3-1, and the gypos to lose 2-1 it will make sunday feel a bit better, then we can move on. COME ON JAY SIGN :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:22 pm

No we can't become a bad team overnight i 100% agree with that.But on the flip side Dave Jones became a bad manager overnight :lol: :lol:

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:24 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:No we can't become a bad team overnight i 100% agree with that.But on the flip side Dave Jones became a bad manager overnight :lol: :lol:

But he did have a bad day at the office on Sunday :o :o :o