Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Students Kicking Off in London

Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:16 pm

Just heard on the radio.

Just the start if you ask me as all the cuts start to hurt early next year.

Re: Students Kicking Off in London

Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:08 pm

I bet the authorities will blame it on Cardiff City fans.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:30 pm

bound to be our fault :roll:

Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:34 pm

Its happened today - and the longer this shitty government stays in power the more it'll happen.

They need to wake up and realise that YES this country is in the shit, but they're going the completely wrong way about sorting it out.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:03 pm

Well if people cant afford to go to university then their going to have to claim benefits because they cannot get a job, that will be wrong aswell! Students are being charged enough by universities at the moment without them going double the price!

Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:11 pm

Midfield general wrote:Sorry but we should be charging students more. Why should I pay for people who want to study subjects which wouldn't benefit the country one bit..?

Students need to wake up and smell the coffee, the previous Labour government give them false hope that the world is your oyster if you get a degree when we all know that its complete bullshit.

So charging more than £3,290 for students whilst reducing funding for universities is the way to go about it?

I pay back any money loaned when I get a job after I graduate - You're not paying for students, just loaning monies that will be paid back. People on benefits will NOT.

By doing the course I am doing, and working in the industry I want to work in, I am providing a means of relief for people when they come home from a long day at work, or just generally need some downtime.

Not only that, my course is training me to become a software engineer - e.g. creating software. I have already been in contact with the NHS about jobs available as a software engineer after I graduate, meaning I will be creating software that will help out health service. How is that job not helping the country at all?

As for the country being short of people doing a trade - why not try reaching out to people when leaving high school? God knows the only route we were EVER told to follow was higher education. My course is beneficial to this country, as is the majority of courses offered by universities. The stupid ones need to be sacked, I agree.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:13 pm

Software engineer, NHS? Oh dear.

Serious development gets outsourced to people like EDS; anything seriously critical they'll get experienced people in - plenty of good developers out there, contractors etc.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:25 pm

nerd wrote:Software engineer, NHS? Oh dear.

Serious development gets outsourced to people like EDS; anything seriously critical they'll get experienced people in - plenty of good developers out there, contractors etc.

Jobs working with the NHS, not for the NHS.

Example: Speaking with someone recently graduated (a few years ago) from my course - now developing the software on a machine that creates bespoke wheelchairs for people with severe spine disformaties. The wheelchair is designed to help with the shape of the spine.

As for plenty of good developers out there - What happens when these developers leave, retire, etc? Like with all jobs, new people need to be trained to be able to deal with issues like this.

It was just one example, there are many different areas available.

Back to my original example about developing means of relief for downtime, any revenues made (e.g. VAT) will be going back into the governments pocket, therefore "helping" the economy.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:51 pm

Just get the water cannon out & give the dirty sponging wankers a wash