Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

how much would you sell jay for IF he makes no

Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:30 pm

sign of signing a new deal ? or would you reject them all and leave him go on a free at end of season and use his goals to send us up?

i would reject all offers and just let him fire his goals in 2 help us.

cuz i gonna be honest you wull have to pay good wack for good striker like jay these days.

opinions?

Re: how much would you sell jay for IF he makes no

Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:38 pm

We must go up this season, we need Jay till the end. I'm sure he will then stay.

Lets face it with all the clubs he's been at, he's only been successful at one. OURS!

Thanks Dave Jones.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:05 pm

if he goes on a free and we get promoted i wouldnt be bothered as he would still be known as a city legend for helping to get us to the prem. and the apprieciation he would get from the fans would encourage him to sign a new contract :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:07 pm

Didn't Leeds do something similar with Beckford? They knew he wasn't going to sign so they just let him run his contract down and fire the goals they needed to get them up

Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:10 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26123

Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:29 pm

I think jay is in a win win situation, If we go up he knows he can demand more money, and if we miss out, he can move on to another club. After the Reading Game he again said how much he loves Cardiff the club and the Fans. After all he has done to help us get where we are now. I think we should give him a better deal, its so hard to fined a striker of the quality of Jay,and if we do get to go up,we will need a player of his quality. To buy a striker like Jay Now, would cost around the 6mil mark. But other clubs would say he has to prove himself in the prem.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:43 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:I think jay is in a win win situation, If we go up he knows he can demand more money, and if we miss out, he can move on to another club. After the Reading Game he again said how much he loves Cardiff the club and the Fans. After all he has done to help us get where we are now. I think we should give him a better deal, its so hard to fined a striker of the quality of Jay,and if we do get to go up,we will need a player of his quality. To buy a striker like Jay Now, would cost around the 6mil mark. But other clubs would say he has to prove himself in the prem.

spot on and i wonder if they would play to his strengths thats another thing we do well we no how 2 play 2 him. other teams would have to change, it like stead with bristol city now he will be on fire for them cuz base round him.