Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Football coaching

Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:19 pm

I am thinking about going into coaching youngster is any one on hear a coach i don't now ware to go and what to do first

Re: Football coaching

Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:58 pm

Roachy wrote:I am thinking about going into coaching youngster is any one on hear a coach i don't now ware to go and what to do first

im a coach,apply to F.A.W and ask about coaching courses,if you live in cardiff it is held in llanrumney.2 day course held on consecutive sundays,mate it can be fantastically rewarding and at times totally frustrating(parents normally).please feel free to ask anything,good luck,bye the way i take u11s. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:04 pm

krab wrote:
Roachy wrote:I am thinking about going into coaching youngster is any one on hear a coach i don't now ware to go and what to do first

im a coach,apply to F.A.W and ask about coaching courses,if you live in cardiff it is held in llanrumney.2 day course held on consecutive sundays,mate it can be fantastically rewarding and at times totally frustrating(parents normally).please feel free to ask anything,good luck,bye the way i take u11s. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I coach a Newport team and did the course at Hartridge.
Politics and parents of kids football can be a nightmare. :old:

Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:41 pm

Best job in the world.

I have been coaching since 1994, qualified at Reading FC and coached there for 2.5 seasons. Now with two boys 9 & 10 coaching at their football team. Greatest buzz in the world seeing the children develop under your guidance. good luck to you.

Try McDonalds coaching programme

AndyFS

Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:49 pm

You get to meet famous parents too.Dodgy shirt :lol: :ayatollah:

http://www.newportcountyjunioracademy.c ... php?id=125

Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:56 pm

You'll need to do your leaders licence & it'll knock you back about £40.Taking kids at a relatively young age is great & very rewarding.I ran a team at under 11's & 12's & they were great,listened & played with a smile & they won their league undefeated.Had a break for two years & came back at under 15/16's & it was a nightmare, no discipline, would'nt listen & it was'nt fun anymore, so i'd personally go for a team that is young enough to listen before they get to a age where they know everything.Some parents are hard work & some teams adopt a win at all cost mentality by poaching all the best players from other teams so they can feed their egos by winning everything but all in all it can be one of the most rewarding things to do but it can also be one of the most thankless.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:04 pm

bluebirds over.... wrote:You'll need to do your leaders licence & it'll knock you back about £40.Taking kids at a relatively young age is great & very rewarding.I ran a team at under 11's & 12's & they were great,listened & played with a smile & they won their league undefeated.Had a break for two years & came back at under 15/16's & it was a nightmare, no discipline, would'nt listen & it was'nt fun anymore, so i'd personally go for a team that is young enough to listen before they get to a age where they know everything.Some parents are hard work & some teams adopt a win at all cost mentality by poaching all the best players from other teams so they can feed their egos by winning everything but all in all it can be one of the most rewarding things to do but it can also be one of the most thankless.

I agree,the change from mini to competitive was a nightmare.Parents abusing kids,refs.dodgy refs.I could go on.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:06 pm

bluebirds over.... wrote:You'll need to do your leaders licence & it'll knock you back about £40.Taking kids at a relatively young age is great & very rewarding.I ran a team at under 11's & 12's & they were great,listened & played with a smile & they won their league undefeated.Had a break for two years & came back at under 15/16's & it was a nightmare, no discipline, would'nt listen & it was'nt fun anymore, so i'd personally go for a team that is young enough to listen before they get to a age where they know everything.Some parents are hard work & some teams adopt a win at all cost mentality by poaching all the best players from other teams so they can feed their egos by winning everything but all in all it can be one of the most rewarding things to do but it can also be one of the most thankless.

football is about winning,but totally agree it must never become at any cost :ayatollah: :ayatollah: