Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

David James to Cardiff

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:19 pm

What do you reckon????? was just thinking, we could get him from bristol no probs

Bellamy, Pires :lol: , James, etc another reason the south wales football fans would come down to see stars etc, give all players around a boost, etc

or am i really in land koo koo on a friday and wanting to go home :lol:

Re: David James to Cardiff

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:43 pm

Amazing you should mention this. I was talking to a customer of mine earlier today who's a Bristol city fan and he reckons that, because of their debt, James may be offloaded as soon as January to trim their wage bill and he seemed to reckon Calamity has a daughter in Cardiff somewhere.

BTW, I wouldn't pick him ahead of either of our 2 current keepers

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:55 pm

Funny enough I was discussing our keepers with my dad last night and was saying how pleased I am with Heaton and Marshall, I would happily have either in our team at the moment and I dont think we would be any weaker.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:59 pm

I said in a post about 2 weeks ago that we should go after James, Keepers can go on a hell of a lot longer than out field players and he still got what it takes. As for Pires get him on a pay as you play deal.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:26 pm

we have 2 decent gks,id rather put the money into a decent cb.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:17 pm

Both Keeper are good but Marshall not very good at coming off his line and not good in the air but a great goal stopper as heaton is better in the air and better kicker than Marshall but not as good as a goal stopper as Marshall.

James is good at all aspects plus loads of experiance and could sort our defence out by giving them hell he could also be good at training with our young good keepers.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:21 pm

David James does have family here. Not sure if it's a daughter or if his parents or siblings live here. He used to regularly visit Les Croupiers when it was on St Mary Street. I am happy with Marshall and Heaton though. Prefer Marshall though. Much better than James in my opinion.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:14 pm

Getting in a keeper of that age would be a backward step.

A replacement for Bothroyd for when he's suspended again/injured or sold is more important.

Another full back and centre half wouldn't go amiss either :roll:

Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:23 pm

Danny Says wrote:Getting in a keeper of that age would be a backward step.

A replacement for Bothroyd for when he's suspended again/injured or sold is more important.

Another full back and centre half wouldn't go amiss either :roll:

I agree I really dont see the point in adding to the wage bill for a 3rd choice keeper

Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:44 pm

In my opinion we dont need him. The two we have are good enough. His wages would be to high for a keeper approaching the end of his career :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:12 pm

no thanks, i prefer heaton and marshall

Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:23 pm

Many moons ago David James used to frequent Cha Cha's on St Mary St.

He used to be married to a Cardiff girl. Sound bloke.