Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

One Valid Reason

Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:55 pm

Reading between the lines of the comments posted about Sam possibly returning are people would be happy IF he wasn't given total control and was kept on a tight reign.

But surely that should be true about whoever is in control, be that the Malaysians, Ridsdale or Sam or anyone else. The biggest problem we had with Ridsdale was that he was able to basically do whatever he wanted because he was clever enough to fill the board up with his yes men. If he wanted to award himself a big bonus then he was able to do so because of the lack of a strong voice in the boardroom that would scrutinise his decisions. He was able to rape the club at will without anyone to stop him if he so wished.

Whoever you ask around the boardroom, ideally they'd only want their own people on the board. PMG would want a boardroom full of PMG people, the Malaysians would like to have just theirs. Nothing wrong with that, it's just the way of the world. It's much easier to do business good or bad if everyone is on your side, common sense really.

I'm not knocking anyone, and in fact I'm not even going to knock Ridsdale for creating a boardroom where he had total control. Everyone would want to do the same. Of course I would knock Ridsdale for how he used his control and I think everyone will agree that he had too much control and he was allowed to go about his business unchecked to large extent. There was no one in the room who could stand up and say hang on there Pete, what are you doing. That was a massive mistake. Fact is a boardroom full of people from one side isn't necessarily a good thing from our point of view. It is from their point of view but from a fans point it definitely is not.

Like everybody else I have no idea whatsoever what the intentions of the Malaysians are in the longer term. They might be very good but on the other hand they might not be. The same goes for PMG or anyone else with a foot under the boardroom table for that matter.
What I do know is that if one group has too much control then they can do whatever they want, take what they want and we are none the wiser until way after the fact when it is too late.

Do I trust the Malaysians? I don't know to be perfectly honest and neither does anyone else. We can all give our opinions but we don't really know for sure either way. They might be very good or they might be bad, we just don't know. Hopefully they are very good and so far so good. Can we just live on hope though?

Wouldn't it be far better from our point of view if there were several strong voices in the boardroom scrutinising each others actions? If that were the case then every decision and every penny in and out of the club would be questioned by the other people on the board, there and then on the very day it happens. I'm sure that not one person on the board would like that situation and no doubt they'd do a fair bit of forum posting against such a scenario. However, like I said from our point of view it would be ideal. No one is going to dip their hand in the till again whilst there are others watching now are they?

If Sam was back in the boardroom then you are not going to get anything past his eyes without him asking questions. As we all know he's no shrinking violet, love him or hate him. I don't think the Malaysians are that slow either, so they wouldn't let anyone else get away with anything. PMG under Ridsdale fell asleep on their watch but throw Sam in the room and he'll keep them on their toes, that's for sure. It's little wonder that they post anti Sam stuff all the time. No one is going to be able to hide anything away from Sam and in this scenario no one would be able to say that Sam's actions would go unchecked as well.

This could be a very excellent boardroom mix. Maybe not from their point of view, but from the point of view of the good of the club and the interests of the fans, it is definitely most excellent. This could also settle the reservations and doubts that fans have about our club's board. We would know that they are all watching each other.

Re: One Valid Reason

Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:20 pm

Interesting read Mr TheOutsider with some good points made. :ayatollah: