Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Powers to be will see Jay leave in January

Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:07 am

If Jan plays well on Weds and gets recalled, the powers to be within England camp will enusre he is playing premiership football in Jan without a doubt. The manager, his agent, other players will all be tapping him up left, right and centre.

This will all get into Jay's head in no time. Plus the fact he can earn nearer to 20k then Cardiff's poxy 7k a week.

I'm pleased for Jay but this is only bad news for City and the fans. Our only benefit is an extra 2 million on his price tag if he gets an England cap.

Do we all honesty think he will hold out till next May and risk going up with city? Why didn't we sort his contract out last May?

I bet his transfer talk is going on already behind the scenes, its the way football works these days.

Re: Powers to be will see Jay leave in January

Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:27 am

KEEP THE FAITH :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:46 am

The club could make Jay stay to the end of the season as already stated by another board member £300k for promotion is a pittance so lets keep him and see what happens I'm sure given VT's drive Dave Jones will be given some funding for the final push. If he brings in quality players Jay may want to stick around? If he doesn't want to stay then give him a nice bonus and wish him allthe best for the future. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:04 am

Why didn't we sort his contract out last May?

is it because we didnt have a pot to piss in?

Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:10 am

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/vie ... -Bothroyd/

Can't see him going to Chelski to be honest, but this kind of talk can certainly sway his mind and it might cost us a bit more than the £20,000 pw that is being talked about to keep him!

If you compare his quality to Ledley, who reportedly gets £28,000 pw at Celtic, then Jay is definitely worth more IMO! :ayatollah: