Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Question about the future....

Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:37 pm

A fellow Bluebird supporter made a statement today that if City get promoted this year he will give it one season in the Premiership and then probably stop going to games full stop. Personally, I am a fan for life....but it set me thinking and I can think of a few teams where this sort of thinking may have occurred (Middlesbrough, Bolton, Swansea :lol: ) and I would like to ask:

"Supposing Cardiff City get promoted this year and have a reasonable season (i.e. stay up!!) in the Premiership next year would any of you see that as 'job done' and stop going to games....or become more 'selective' over which teams you would pay to watch at CCS??"

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: "A Bluebird is for life....not just for Christmas!" :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Question about the future....

Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:11 pm

I'll keep going no matter what. The performance of the team is of course important but it's generally the whole ritual and event of Saturday down the City that I am addicted to. Whether we're in the Championship, Premiership or lower divisions again, I'll keep going. The on-pitch status is just a sub-factor! :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:21 pm

Fan for Life, no matter what League we are in, ILL BE THERE. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:22 am

Sven
If anyone think's I'm going to stop watching my beloved Bluebirds because I think "job done" their sadly mistaken. I have been following them for 50 years and seen some right dross along with less than 1500 people. At the moment the team is on fire and I for one cannot wait for us to get to the EPL

Bring it on and lets hope we go from strength to strength. Onwards and Upwards guys

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:26 am

I will watch CCFC in any league and its not too long ago that me and my mates at the end of 1 season were contemplating the following season watching City in the Conference and we decided we would all go ............... luckily relegation from the football league was avoided that season . And now were are talking about the Premier League ffs ............... how times change from the 3,000 odd at Ninian Park back then to the 26,000 at the CCS :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:58 am

Vintage 63 wrote:I will watch CCFC in any league and its not too long ago that me and my mates at the end of 1 season were contemplating the following season watching City in the Conference and we decided we would all go ............... luckily relegation from the football league was avoided that season . And now were are talking about the Premier League ffs ............... how times change from the 3,000 odd at Ninian Park back then to the 26,000 at the CCS :ayatollah:

ridiculous question to any real fan as there are always further goals to achieve.
we get promoted and spend time stabilising as someone like bolton has.
then you look to expand the stadium and look at european qualification and so on.
mind you if the prawn sandwiches are to expensive i might reconsider

Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:25 am

Sorry, won't be able to stop watching the City, it's in the blood :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:48 am

bethanmattsgrampy wrote:Sven
If anyone think's I'm going to stop watching my beloved Bluebirds because I think "job done" their sadly mistaken. I have been following them for 50 years and seen some right dross along with less than 1500 people. At the moment the team is on fire and I for one cannot wait for us to get to the EPL

Bring it on and lets hope we go from strength to strength. Onwards and Upwards guys

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

That's the attitude, mate!! I was one of those 1500 (trust me on that one!) and I maintain a true Bluebird is here for life!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:54 pm

Death will be the ONLY thing that stops me :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:57 pm

Only stopping if i am in a coma or dead :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:02 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:A fellow Bluebird supporter made a statement today that if City get promoted this year he will give it one season in the Premiership and then probably stop going to games full stop. Personally, I am a fan for life....but it set me thinking and I can think of a few teams where this sort of thinking may have occurred (Middlesbrough, Bolton, Swansea :lol: ) and I would like to ask:

"Supposing Cardiff City get promoted this year and have a reasonable season (i.e. stay up!!) in the Premiership next year would any of you see that as 'job done' and stop going to games....or become more 'selective' over which teams you would pay to watch at CCS??"

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: "A Bluebird is for life....not just for Christmas!" :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

A TRUE CITY FAN IN MY OPINION, IS THE ONE WHO SUPPORTS THEIR CLUB DURING THE BAD TIMES, IF WE GET RELEGATED TO OBLIVION I WILL BE THERE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:36 pm

Zabier wrote:I'll keep going no matter what. The performance of the team is of course important but it's generally the whole ritual and event of Saturday down the City that I am addicted to. Whether we're in the Championship, Premiership or lower divisions again, I'll keep going. The on-pitch status is just a sub-factor! :ayatollah:

abbsolutely,and meeting the people that you have met here,i dont care what division or who im watching,torquay or tottenham,il be there :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:02 am

A fan for life me although I'm 59 now so it might not be that much longer :lol: . Started going when I was 9 so I do remember them in Division one,seasons 60-61 and 61-62 :shock: :old:

Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:25 am

as long as i have a hole in my arse I'll be going down the city

Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:59 pm

Good Debate :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:01 pm

i will have city flag on my coffin .......... enough said really