Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Change the canton and family stand - Petition

Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:47 pm

After yesterday's game with notts forrest and watching the away fans repeatidly try and attack our family stand i have decided to repost this topic! Not only this but as much as i hate to say it the atmosphere was a disgrace today , to much moaning not enough singing! Putting the canton next to the away end will benift everything atmosphere , family saftey ect. If you've decided you agree , and enough is enough please sign the petition.

Re: Change the Family stand and Canton - Petition

Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:29 pm

www.petitiononline.com/Cardiff

Re: Change the canton and family stand - Petition

Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:36 pm

hippie1994 wrote:After yesterday's game with notts forrest and watching the away fans repeatidly try and attack our family stand i have decided to repost this topic! Not only this but as much as i hate to say it the atmosphere was a disgrace today , to much moaning not enough singing! Putting the canton next to the away end will benift everything atmosphere , family saftey ect. If you've decided you agree , and enough is enough please sign the petition.

if we surround the away fans on both sides we will lose a lot of chairs :lol:

Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:43 pm

Only 408 so far? suggests people dont want them changed?

Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:11 pm

That"s 408 just from the forum? SUGGESTS..people do want it changed!

Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:12 pm

GUYS POST IT ON YOUR FACEBOOKS /TWITTERS GET THE WORD OUT

Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:19 pm

Yes if the majority of city fans new about this we'd get at least 5,000 which is the amount needed to put forward a good chance of getting it changed. www.petitiononline.com/Cardiff

Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:21 pm

I cant see the Club changing it, bloody hope soo though, the Atmos is terrible. :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:27 pm

ive said it once on another post but ill say it here aswell in the incident between away fans and our family stand has been overexagerated it was about six idiotic forest fans who bit at the abuse they were recieving from another small group of kids aged between 14-16 in the family stand who were constantly using foul and abusive language towards the away fans aswell as abusive gesturing. If your old enough and big enough to give abusive language your old enough to deal with the consequences, but as usual they played the age card, and instead of getting a clip around the ear they get all the sympathy

Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:34 pm

There is NO WAY that they will change ends.

It's a bit sad also that you feel the only way to create an atmosphere is by taunting the away fans.

Just accept it that footnall is now for happy clappers...we will end up like Fulham :old:

Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:46 pm

I find it quite sad that people like you always asoiciate cardiff city with hooligansim and bring it up when ever possible theres a diffrence between taunting and banter! , i can't see why some fans dont want this to happen and dont support it even if they think its going to fail!? We need to do something because our home support is becoming laughing stock.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:50 pm

hippie1994 wrote:I find it quite sad that people like you always asoiciate cardiff city with hooligansim and bring it up when ever possible theres a diffrence between taunting and banter! , i can't see why some fans dont want this to happen and dont support it even if they think its going to fail!? We need to do something because our home support is becoming laughing stock.

aww mate get a reality check will you?....Cardiff fans ARE HOOLIGANS...end of......The Kop for instance is not next to the away fans :?:

Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:52 pm

I sit at the top of the ninian stand in 113, and from where I am the Canton stand seems to generates a lot more noise than that of the Ninian stand. There's plenty of quiet periods during the game, and yesterday was pretty poor, but it always seems to be the Canton stand that try and keep the singing going.

Maybe it's because I'm too far away from blocks 118/117, but I don't see how moving the family will improve things that much.
If the Canton stand was always quiet maybe, but it seems as if they're the one's singing the most!

Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:54 pm

Owain wrote:I sit at the top of the ninian stand in 113, and from where I am the Canton stand seems to generates a lot more noise than that of the Ninian stand. There's plenty of quiet periods during the game, and yesterday was pretty poor, but it always seems to be the Canton stand that try and keep the singing going.

Maybe it's because I'm too far away from blocks 118/117, but I don't see how moving the family will improve things that much.
If the Canton stand was always quiet maybe, but it seems as if they're the one's singing the most!

spot on! we should all move there and set an example.......

Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:55 pm

I am waiting for the petition to move the Family Stand to the half way line...!! I will sign it then ! :shock:

To be honest I don't think the family stand people care where they sit....the other end is exactly the same view and they will make just as much or as little noise as they do now.

BUT the trouble and aggravation that will be caused by the "Rowdy" fans being next to each other would definitely be a problem. And I guess a loss of more seats for segregation.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:58 pm

barry boy wrote:I am waiting for the petition to move the Family Stand to the half way line...!! I will sign it then ! :shock:

To be honest I don't think the family stand people care where they sit....the other end is exactly the same view and they will make just as much or as little noise as they do now.

BUT the trouble and aggravation that will be caused by the "Rowdy" fans being next to each other would definitely be a problem. And I guess a loss of more seats for segregation.

yeah...no brainer aint it?

Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:30 pm

I don't think swapping the stands would make any difference, other than allowing a few dinosaurs to get their kicks out of gesturing to and swearing at visiting 15 year old away fans for 90 minutes.

Imo the perceived lack of atmosphere is mostly to do with standing or the lack of it.

At Ninian PK the BBT & Grange were obviously terracing and a blind eye was turned to Block A standing all game. Hence generally the atmosphere was better, I say generally as frequently Ninian Pk was like a morgue. A 2 nil home defeat to Forest would have been seen a shit atmosphere at Ninian too. I do though accept that from time to time Ninian Pk was a cauldron.
To counter that though for both Leicester games at CCS last season the atmosphere was epic too.

Until safe standing areas are reintroduced to British football grounds (probably never!) we've just got to make the best of it.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:33 pm

hippie1994 wrote:That"s 408 just from the forum? SUGGESTS..people do want it changed!

It suggests that 408 people from this forum want it changed, nothing else. I seem to remember Forever Blue mentioning that there are 3500 members on here, so you have 1 in 7 people on this forum wanting it changed or roughly 14%. i.e. a minority.

This forum is a tiny subset of our fan base and I'd hazard a guess that there's a higher percentage of people on this message board that want it changed than in the fan base as a whole.

I think you should cut your losses on this idea and maybe channel your energy into another idea to improve the atmosphere (which is your goal right?). Someone mentioned the other day the possibility of you guys creating a singing section, that idea sounds a lot more feasible and wouldn't involve trying to shift a few thousand fans out of the family stand.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:38 pm

hippie1994 wrote:That"s 408 just from the forum? SUGGESTS..people do want it changed!

How do you figure that out :? surely it means some do but the majority dont :?
Also they aint just off this forum, I have seen the petition posted elsewhere.

Even if someone people do want it moved and the club change its mind and say moving it wont cost us any extra police costs do you then think the club will just kick people out of there seats? of course not.

Also as someone has pointed out already each person could be writing a number of names, if your serious about a peition and you really think they will change it then every person needs to put there fan number next to there name to get a real judgement of what the fans want, then the club could at least look at it properly.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:53 pm

asz wrote:

It suggests that 408 people from this forum want it changed, nothing else. I seem to remember Forever Blue mentioning that there are 3500 members on here, so you have 1 in 7 people on this forum wanting it changed or roughly 14%. i.e. a minority.

This forum is a tiny subset of our fan base and I'd hazard a guess that there's a higher percentage of people on this message board that want it changed than in the fan base as a whole.

I think you should cut your losses on this idea and maybe channel your energy into another idea to improve the atmosphere (which is your goal right?). Someone mentioned the other day the possibility of you guys creating a singing section, that idea sounds a lot more feasible and wouldn't involve trying to shift a few thousand fans out of the family stand.

I agree with this. And the 410 total which was the total when I just looked also includes blank lines , made up entries (or did "TG" really sign it?) and I suspect a number of mates through Facebook or similar who aren`t even City fans.

For the petition to be taken seriously by the club , it would have to list the fan numbers of the people signing it so the club could check that they are fans who regularly sit in either the Canton or Family stands - i.e. they are the people who a change would directly affect. The club could then compare that against the people in the Family Stand who were directly asked in March this year , only one of whom said they wanted to move.

Not having a go at you hippie - I admire your doggedness in raising the petition matter again - I just believe it is doomed to failure because the vast majority of fans in the CCS don`t want any such change.

And I think your logic is flawed by saying the incidents at the Nottingham Forest game yesterday triggered you raising the point again. Surely the ease with which the stewards quickly dealt with a few spotty youths trying (pretty feebly) to cause a problem shows that having away fans next to family City fans is far easier than if gesturing and abusive fans both sides of away fans were present - would require at least twice as many stewards.
I fully appreciate that not all those who favour a change of ends would cause trouble , but read some of the language and sentiments from some who are in favour of the move and you can see that there are still too many who wouldn`t or couldn`t behave themselves if it were to happen.They simply can`t grasp the difference between "banter" and outright hostility.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:41 pm

Excellent post Keith :thumbup:

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:29 pm

Good idea! , FROM NOW ONWARDS IF YOU SIGN THE PETITION LEAVE A COMMENT AND YOUR FAN NUMBER www.petitiononline.com/Cardiff

Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:40 pm

hippie1994 wrote:Good idea! , FROM NOW ONWARDS IF YOU SIGN THE PETITION LEAVE A COMMENT AND YOUR FAN NUMBER http://www.petitiononline.com/Cardiff

I may not agree with you on the concept of changing the current seating arrangements , but I fully support your right to raise this petition and I was genuinely trying to be helpful with my suggestion.

But you will also need to remove the fictitious and blank lines lines currently counting towards the total. Perhaps a request to those who have already signed to add their fan numbers ( if that is possible on the electronic petition document).

Keith

Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:48 pm

gotta be more than that

Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:58 pm

419 come on people lets be heard
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: