Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Why so Negative?

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:19 pm

DJ has always said about how the world seems to fall apart after a loss in South Wales (I happen to agree)
The welsh are well known as Negative people.

Jay has said on Twitter
Why our fans are so negative I'll never no even the best teams don't play well and lose sometimes!

Are they right? is this a total overreaction?

Also he said
We always try our best we wanna win more than anyone but sometimes it doesn't happen . Togetherness gets us up

It has been mentioned about the atmosphere and while the players didnt do there bit saturday maybe the fans need to show some support and back the players, not put on more pressure than needed?

Re: Why so Negative?

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:21 pm

2blue2handle wrote:DJ has always said about how the world seems to fall apart after a loss in South Wales (I happen to agree)

Jay has said on Twitter
Why our fans are so negative I'll never no even the best teams don't play well and lose sometimes!

Also he said
We always try our best we wanna win more than anyone but sometimes it doesn't happen . Togetherness gets us up

It has been mentioned about the atmosphere and while the players didnt do there bit saturday maybe the fans need to show some support and back the players, not put on more pressure than needed?

bang on :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:21 pm

I guess Jay is reading this board and others and gets the vibes off them.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:23 pm

They was very poor yesterday mate. Some of the players didnt look up for it at all but I agree it aint the end of the world. Forest are a good side and we are still second so it aint too bad at all. Win next week and we are top again and qpr gotta lose sometime!

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:23 pm

I noticed Bellamy went to say something today and stopped himself and said something along the lines that will only add to the pressure but we have to expect that.......I think maybe the pressure he getting to the squad and when your like that you will look for the simple passes which get you know where just so the fans dont get on your back. Im really pleased our next game is away at the moment

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:24 pm

hailesy wrote:I guess Jay is reading this board and others and gets the vibes off them.

i was thinking the same thing

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:26 pm

Some players are bound to me, I dont go on CCMB but I guess the vibes are generally the same as on here.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:28 pm

I think CCMB has server issues at the moment, most of the peeps on here are from CCMB - refugee's :lol:

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:32 pm

Totally. If anyone came out of that ground with a voice left on Saturday, they failed in their support of the team in my opinion.

And they're both right, you only need to look at the dog's abuse the likes of Bellamy, Bothroyd have recieved from some (obviously more extreme quarters like the messageboards which in no way represent even a tiny proportion of the Cardiff City support) as an example.

I personally wouldn't allow players on twitter, facebook etc. if I were manager.

Oh to be a fly on the wall in the dressing room these days at CCS.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:41 pm

I feel very negative and that not because of one game. Its because of these repeat bad run of forms we have been suffering for the last few season. It is not just one bad run of form we suffer each season but the several of them. I've had to listen to the excuses that its becuase of our injuries or our small squad. Well this time those excused cannot be used because our fringe players are the ones that got us to the play off final last season, we have a stronger squad than ever before and as has been mentioned on here the division is the weakest it has been for quite a while. Yet we still suffer these bad run of forms. Well if history is to go by expect a couple of more bad runs. #

Sorry for being negative but cant you see I have a point?

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:47 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:I feel very negative and that not because of one game. Its because of these repeat bad run of forms we have been suffering for the last few season. It is not just one bad run of form we suffer each season but the several of them. I've had to listen to the excuses that its becuase of our injuries or our small squad. Well this time those excused cannot be used because our fringe players are the ones that got us to the play off final last season, we have a stronger squad than ever before and as has been mentioned on here the division is the weakest it has been for quite a while. Yet we still suffer these bad run of forms. Well if history is to go by expect a couple of more bad runs. #

Of course you have a point but maybe your expectations are a little to high for this division?
We do have better players than last season but also more points and in a high position.
The division isnt as strong overal but I still think its as difficult as ever to get out from.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:51 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:I feel very negative and that not because of one game. Its because of these repeat bad run of forms we have been suffering for the last few season. It is not just one bad run of form we suffer each season but the several of them. I've had to listen to the excuses that its becuase of our injuries or our small squad. Well this time those excused cannot be used because our fringe players are the ones that got us to the play off final last season, we have a stronger squad than ever before and as has been mentioned on here the division is the weakest it has been for quite a while. Yet we still suffer these bad run of forms. Well if history is to go by expect a couple of more bad runs. #

Of course you have a point but maybe your expectations are a little to high for this division?
We do have better players than last season but also more points and in a high position.
The division isnt as strong overal but I still think its as difficult as ever to get out from.

its because we got so far last season and all players we got now people expect. thats fine they pay there money. but if we expect to much and make are home games fear factor for the players then we gonna struggle .

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:53 pm

TBh I am surprised players get effected by the fans. If this is the case then it is no surprise teams with lower attendances than us, Swansea, Wigan, Bolton, seem to do so well. Shall we all stay at home.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:19 pm

2blue2handle wrote:DJ has always said about how the world seems to fall apart after a loss in South Wales (I happen to agree)

Jay has said on Twitter

Also he said

I've always been of the view that fans will react if the players give them something to shout about. Maybe there are those who will give total support even if the players are having a poor match - I've neer booed but my mood is set by what happens on the pitch. If the players have a really good game but still lose, that's not a problem with me; that's football. When they play poorly if we win I'll laugh, but don't expect me to be too happy if they lose.
What constitutes an over reaction? After Saturday's performance I am now expecting a defeat at Loftus Road. If that were to happen, then the results for November 2010 will be as crap as every November DJ has been in charge. It's actually ridiculous that DJ's team have very poor results every November.
My worry is that "Nothing will Change" with DJ in charge - does the November results suggest that?
Go on lads, win in London. :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:32 pm

I've caught my negativity from Dave Jones Himself. He is setting the team up to play whatever side we are playing ie tinkering all the time.He should pick his best side and play OUR way and let other teams worry about us not us worry about them.Any fool could see that against Forest's 5 in midfield to have any chance of getting any space we would have to play wide.So what does Jones do he takes Chopra off and plays 4-4-2 and continues with the long ball.If he inists on playing with the long ball what is the point of having creative players in midfield when the ball is bypassing them. If that is the case then fill midfield with ball winners because Whits and co cannot win the ball.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:03 pm

I'm sorry, we pay our hard earned money to watch our club at home, they get paid thousands a week. So I think we can expect more than one shot on target!

Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:10 pm

I always support the team and believe overall DJ is doing a good job overall and people calling for his head when we are 2nd in the table is absolute madness. It's a fact that we are not going to win every game and losing to Forest who looked a pretty solid outfit who will cause plenty of other teams a problem is not a disaster.

However what we can't afford to do is go on a run of bad form and we need to make sure the rot stops at QPR and even a draw there would be quite acceptable altough a win would be bloody fantastic. My one concern is our work rate and closing the ball down at Leeds we were magnificent and it was our constant harrassing of the Leeds players when they had possesion which led to us winning the ball and then breaking and creating chances.

IMO our workrate against both Swansea and Forest was poor compared to the Leeds game and we need to up it against QPR not give them any time on the ball and then break quickly using Bellamys pace to get in behind them.

Despite playing poorly on Saturday we still created 4 clear cut chances 2 of which should have been buried so it's not all doom and gloom :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:09 pm

Luke, I was not Happy with the Booing on Saturday, that was well out of Order We are 2nd.