Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Speed Cameras

Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:10 am

I got done by one last week how long does it take for the letter to drop on your mat? :x

Re: Speed Cameras

Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:23 am

That would depend on if you have a mat or not...Usually within 14 days.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:24 am

Have you had one before? I had my first one about 2 months ago. Thy then sent me a letter saying i could avoid the fine and points if I paid to go on a speed awareness course. I sent the form back saying thatsbwhatbi wanted to do. I justbnever chose a course or paid for it. Had 1 reminder letter and havnt head anything since so think I have got away with I.

Say to them that you are looking to sell your car and on the day in question you were giving people test drives so you can't determine who was driving. That'll make them back off.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:25 am

Sorry about the spelling mistakes. Damn touchscreen phones!

Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:28 am

There was a sly one at the top of Rumney Hill the morning of the Swansea game. Positioned behind a couple of big cars at about 8am on a Sunday where there is already a speed camera. Needless to say, about half of our football team got caught by it. I thought I had but not had a letter so just waiting to see.

Tempted to say 'my car was stolen on the morning of this photo' and state that maybe it wouldn't have been stolen had they been doing something worthwhile rather than catching people speeding on a road that should be 40mph limit, especially on a Sunday morning!

Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:30 am

Hannah u seem well genned up on this matter , not a bit of a driving phelon are u ? :lol:

Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:33 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Hannah u seem well genned up on this matter , not a bit of a driving phelon are u ? :lol:

Nope, only had one driving ticket. A friend of mine said he got caught 3 times. Ignored them all. And he only got fined once then.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:40 am

PhatFrog wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:Hannah u seem well genned up on this matter , not a bit of a driving phelon are u ? :lol:

Nope, only had one driving ticket. A friend of mine said he got caught 3 times. Ignored them all. And he only got fined once then.

Our bus is picking up outside Spoons in Ponty in the morning , I will wave when we r passing the station :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:44 am

PhatFrog wrote:Have you had one before? I had my first one about 2 months ago. Thy then sent me a letter saying i could avoid the fine and points if I paid to go on a speed awareness course. I sent the form back saying thatsbwhatbi wanted to do. I justbnever chose a course or paid for it. Had 1 reminder letter and havnt head anything since so think I have got away with I.

Say to them that you are looking to sell your car and on the day in question you were giving people test drives so you can't determine who was driving. That'll make them back off.

First time ,I'll wait and see what happens

Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:55 am

If you are caught by a fixed or mobile speed camera they must send you a NIP (notice of intention to prosecute) within 14 days. Apparantly they often miss this deadline. If they are unable to do this then you do not have to pay. The website below will have information on this and a host of other related matters

http://www.pepipoo.com/

Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:14 pm

PhatFrog wrote: Say to them that you are looking to sell your car and on the day in question you were giving people test drives so you can't determine who was driving. That'll make them back off.

If I ever get caught doing a bank robbery I just say I'm testing the security system. It gets me off every time :lol:

Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:11 pm

Pricey wrote:I got done by one last week how long does it take for the letter to drop on your mat? :x

Biggest Money Making Scam going :evil:

Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Pricey wrote:I got done by one last week how long does it take for the letter to drop on your mat? :x

Ridscam ?? :lol:

Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:57 pm

No one will be speading in this weather thats for sure. :lol:

Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:37 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

:lol:

The Only prob is, who do We march on :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:37 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

:lol:

The Only prob is, who do We march on :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: