Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Car help needed...

Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:46 pm

The windscreen wipers have stopped working on my KA (front and back).

Anyone know if there is something I can do to fix? Or will I need to take it to a mechanic?

Re: Car help needed...

Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:47 pm

Probably a blown fuse ;)

Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:48 pm

Have you turned them on? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:50 pm

same thing happened to my daughter this afternoon....... costing her £80 to get fixed :(

Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:50 pm

blown a fuse you would of tried to use them when frozen and blown 5 amp fuse common ! :ayatollah: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

fuse £ 1.10 not £80 she,s getting ripped off !

Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:58 pm

Have a look in your vehicle handbook Claire!

There should be a section on electrics, which should show you the fuse box layout!

There are spare fuses in the boxes sometimes, so if there are, you swap the installed one with a spare and if it still doesn't work, then it could be the wiper motor! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:58 pm

mallo wrote:blown a fuse you would of tried to use them when frozen and blown 5 amp fuse common ! :ayatollah: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd left them on intermittant, so when I turned the engine on this morning to heat up the windscreen, they started. Turned them off straight away, but they haven't worked since.

Where abouts does the fuse go?

Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:00 pm

Overthemoon wrote:Have a look in your vehicle handbook Claire!

There should be a section on electrics, which should show you the fuse box layout!

There are spare fuses in the boxes sometimes, so if there are, you swap the installed one with a spare and if it still doesn't work, then it could be the wiper motor! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thanks

Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:09 pm

You sure they're not just frozen to your screens? De-Icer works a treat :D

Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:15 pm

mallo wrote:blown a fuse you would of tried to use them when frozen and blown 5 amp fuse common ! :ayatollah: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

motor gone... was smoking like hell :( :(

Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:22 pm

welshdougie wrote:

motor gone... was smoking like hell :( :(

gutted .................... for her everyone gets problems with big freeze - boilers - batterys etc glad im off away till next year shortly hate the cold !!!!!!!!!!

claire should be 5 amp fuse you may be lucky and not burnt motor etc ......

claire do you want a hand :iroc: join the AA lol :wave:

Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:29 pm

AA - 6 hour wait :(
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:56 pm

Claire what you need to do is wear knee high boots short skirt, A very tight fitting top put your bonnet up and stand there someone will stop and fix it for you. Now you may cause several accidents but hey that is not your problem. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: PS if you do that let me know and i will drive out now 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :lol: :lol:

Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:02 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Claire what you need to do is wear knee high boots short skirt, A very tight fitting top put your bonnet up and stand there someone will stop and fix it for you. Now you may cause several accidents but hey that is not your problem. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: PS if you do that let me know and i will drive out now 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :lol: :lol:

claire,if you do this can you tell me were you are,i know f@ck all about cars but can i have a look at what your wearing :D :D :D :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:16 pm

krab wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Claire what you need to do is wear knee high boots short skirt, A very tight fitting top put your bonnet up and stand there someone will stop and fix it for you. Now you may cause several accidents but hey that is not your problem. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: PS if you do that let me know and i will drive out now 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :lol: :lol:

claire,if you do this can you tell me were you are,i know f@ck all about cars but can i have a look at what your wearing :D :D :D :ayatollah:

me too :D but with the added advantage of being able to change the fuse

Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:51 pm

krab wrote:

:lol: :lol: PERVE :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:01 pm

Got this info from a different site. The fuse box is located at the far right hand size of the dash,you'll see a recessed panel,it just pulls off and there should be a little fuse removal tool attached to the inside of it. The layout of the fuses differs on the year of the ka,but as far as i know the fuse for the wipers and wash hasn't.The fuse number is F16 and its a 20A,if there's no guide on the back of the panel it's the second row up from the bottom and 5th from the left,hope this has been of some help!

Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:03 pm

ackers1927 wrote:Got this info from a different site. The fuse box is located at the far right hand size of the dash,you'll see a recessed panel,it just pulls off and there should be a little fuse removal tool attached to the inside of it. The layout of the fuses differs on the year of the ka,but as far as i know the fuse for the wipers and wash hasn't.The fuse number is F16 and its a 20A,if there's no guide on the back of the panel it's the second row up from the bottom and 5th from the left,hope this has been of some help!

welldone,fantastic answer,but i much prefer nuclearblues answer :D :D

Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:09 pm

ackers1927 wrote:Got this info from a different site. The fuse box is located at the far right hand size of the dash,you'll see a recessed panel,it just pulls off and there should be a little fuse removal tool attached to the inside of it. The layout of the fuses differs on the year of the ka,but as far as i know the fuse for the wipers and wash hasn't.The fuse number is F16 and its a 20A,if there's no guide on the back of the panel it's the second row up from the bottom and 5th from the left,hope this has been of some help!

FEK me the ccf has become the 4 emergency service :ayatollah: :ayatollah: top one ackers :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:25 pm

And the post of the week award goes to........................

Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:46 pm

Thank you Ackers!!!

Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:59 pm

Same thing happened to myself this morning (skoda fabia)last time this happened was in jan 2009 it was cold and icy then,it turned out to be a blown fuse,don't go to a garage as they will only rip you off, i'm sure someone off here will help you out.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:07 pm

krab wrote:

pised myslef at these 2 cooments fair play :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:07 pm

Thanks for the help guys, I changed the fuse this afternoon and working again now :D

Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:27 pm

Claire wrote:Thanks for the help guys, I changed the fuse this afternoon and working again now :D

Always said you had a short fuse Lass :lol:

Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:32 pm

krab wrote:

Aye and make sure u wear that nice red thong I bought u last weekend ;)

Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:34 pm

ihatealiens wrote:
krab wrote:

Aye and make sure u wear that nice red thong I bought u last weekend ;)

Nah that one went in the wash last night :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:36 pm

This board really is becoming the AA message board 8-)

Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:37 pm

hope she didnt put the whites in with them, they may run :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: cheap market gear lol, knew I shoulda popped into La Senza :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:24 pm

Claire wrote:Thanks for the help guys, I changed the fuse this afternoon and working again now :D

Can you come and change my fuse then?! My back windscreen wiper stopped working about 18months ago and I havnt fixed it. Its fun driving when its raining! :lol: