Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' HONEST ANSWERS/OPINIONS PLEASE '

Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:12 pm

Do you Believe We will be in the Top 2 in May ?
or
Do You Believe We Will be in Top 6 in May ?

Please Be Honest about This, In My Opinion We have the Best Team in This Division on Paper, Will WE BE PROMOTED IN MAY 2011 ?

Who Stands by Dave Jones Still ?

Who Believe Dave Jones will Fail ?

This is Not a Dig at DJ, its just an HONEST DEBATE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: ' HONEST ANSWERS/OPINIONS PLEASE '

Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:16 pm

we have the potential to be top or 2nd....... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

alot will depend on who comes and goes in january..... :!: :!:

on current form - outside the top 6 :( :(

Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:16 pm

We should be top 2 Annis, but Jones can't beat the good
tacticians.
Top 6 judging by the Swans, Forest+QPR results.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:18 pm

At the moment my own feeling is that we will be in the top 6 but not in the top 2.

As we found out last season the problem with that is that one off day or one injury to an important player and the chance of promotion can be gone again.

I do NOT trust Jones to get us promoted I'm afraid.

I honestly believe dave jones is the best man for the job for this season, if he does fail then its time for him to go.
Annis we are going up as champions not just top 2. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
we are always shit in november and its because he is always manager of the month in october its like a posion chalice.

IF we are still there by january transfer window, then yes.
defence needs strengthening big style for me.
i am a DJ fan, however this is his last season for me.
thing is annis, players have to be held accountable for poor performances as well as the manager.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:20 pm

Not top 2 with these players especially defence. Top 6 yes but after last year anything could happen.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:21 pm

with the quality we have in our team we SHOULDN'T even be thinking of second place. we should be expecting to win the trophy. but who could have forseen the under achievement in our squad. lets just hope its a blip :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:22 pm

I'd love to give an honest answer but this is ccfc and the only thing to expect is the unexpected.

We should finish top 2 especially if we sort a decent central defender out.

30 plus years of false dawns makes me think we'll screw up.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:22 pm

were in a rut and playing with no confidence,once we overcome those we be top 2,
fail to do it and it will be a long run in till end of season i fear the latter

Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:24 pm

I think the next month is very important with all the games coming up around christmas period etc.

If we get through this still in the top two and Jones strengthens in central and left defensive positions then we can do it.

But ten of course we need to hope that there are no inuries, if Jay were to miss 6-8 game sin a row then we would be screwed as we know Jones has no plan b.

On current form id say wed be lucky to get in the top 6, especially with everybody else strengthening their squads.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:26 pm

we have enough quality tools in the box to be champions
but there's no tradesman to use them :roll:

Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:26 pm

100% believe we will be top come the end of the season and fully behid DJ even if we lost sat, I have total faith he will take us up.

If DJ went I think it would be hit and miss, we could do a holloway and drop dramtically like he did at Leicester or do a dowie at palace an go unbeaten.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:28 pm

POSITIVE ALERT POSITIVE ALERT!!!!

We'll win the league :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:30 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:POSITIVE ALERT POSITIVE ALERT!!!!

We'll win the league :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:35 pm

If we are in the top 2 in May it will be more down to the other teams screwing it up than us deserving it under DJ.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:36 pm

I think we can make it if the defence is strengthened in Jan. I feel Dave Jones needs to show some balls in the big games and just go for it by playing a team to our strengths and not pick a team to counteract the other teams strengths.

I also think that by Bellamy's fitness coach having a input into our training programme, that come the second half of the season we will push on by having a fitter and fresher squad than the teams around us.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:37 pm

Definately top 2 end of May and have faith in Dave Jones

Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Do you Believe We will be in the Top 2 in May ?
or
Do You Believe We Will be in Top 6 in May ?

PLease Be Honest about This, In My Opinion We have the Best Team in This Division on Paper, Will WE BE PROMOTED IN MAY 2011 ?

Who Stands by Dave Jones Still ?

Who Believe Dave Jones will Fail ?

This is Not a Dig at DJ, its just an HONEST DEBATE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Top two :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Time to stop the negativity, if Bothroyd had scored when he rounded the keeper, we would have beaten Forest, if we had the penalty at QPR we would have drawn !!!!

We can do it we need to keep positive, 4 wins on a row and we are well on our way again.......

Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:45 pm

Champions
we are second and we havent really got going yet.
somebody will come to CCS and get a hiding. The team will click and we will be away.
:ayatollah:

Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:48 pm

With the squad we have we should be top 2 end of season but i have a very strong feeling it will end in tears again i am sad to say.We do not look united as a team and i think that will be the reason we fail again.I hope i am proved wrong.
As for Dave Jones i am losing confidence by the day.I would love him to get us up but his teams always choke on the big occasion.That is not a one off it happens time and time again.If we have a crap december i would change it for the window move him to Director of football type roll and get a new face in.
I will have a long think of who i think will do the Job, I like Roy Keane but i will propbably get shot down on here.He would ruffle a few feathers i am sure. :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:49 pm

Dave Jones has been there and done it
Roy Keane has been there and f*cked it up

Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:50 pm

This is one of the Best Open/Honest/Non Sniping DEBATES WE HAVE HAD and GREAT READING FROM ALL MEMBERS :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:54 pm

griff105 wrote:Dave Jones has been there and done it
Roy Keane has been there and f*cked it up

What has Jones actually done then :shock: Dont forget Keane got Sunderland out of the championship at the first attempt and i remember coming from bottom on a great run.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:58 pm

Got Wolves promoted. Taken City to Wembley. Twice.
Keene got sacked or at least walked when it started getting hairy. and is about to again. No doubting his passion but thats not enough. IMO anyway.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:00 pm

I think we'll be in the top 2 come May

I also still have faith in DJ.......I agree he has his faults but then most managers do

The players need to take some of the blame as (it's been said many times) they seem to lack the passion on the pitch....if they had the passion of the fans, or even just took a bit of that passion, we'd see a big improvement

We all need to get behind DJ and the team.........if it then doesn't happen, no excuses and we will need to look at other options

Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:04 pm

griff105 wrote:Got Wolves promoted. Taken City to Wembley. Twice.
Keene got sacked or at least walked when it started getting hairy. and is about to again. No doubting his passion but thats not enough. IMO anyway.

Jones took Wolves up but they came straight back down. Keane took Sunderland up and kept them there.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:05 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:If we are in the top 2 in May it will be more down to the other teams screwing it up than us deserving it under DJ.

So DJ can't win then basically?

Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:08 pm

griff105 wrote:Got Wolves promoted. Taken City to Wembley. Twice.

Got sacked by Wolves not long after, Yes we have been to wembley 3 times but the two main games he bottled it in the FA Cup final and play off final.
I think we need freshening up :ayatollah:

IMO Keane would be great for this squad of players :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:08 pm

Jones got little money to spend
Keane had a sh1t load of money to spend at sunderland and he bought some right plums. They only just avoided goingdown and were about to when he walked out.
And he will be out again this week I reckon

great footballer but not sure about great manager and we need a great manager