Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' HONEST ANSWERS/OPINIONS PLEASE '

Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:09 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
griff105 wrote:Got Wolves promoted. Taken City to Wembley. Twice.
Keene got sacked or at least walked when it started getting hairy. and is about to again. No doubting his passion but thats not enough. IMO anyway.

Jones took Wolves up but they came straight back down. Keane took Sunderland up and kept them there.

Exactly, Well said :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:10 pm

I'm really not sure these days where we'll end up.
Truth is...everytime i get ahead of myself and start to dream i, like so many others come down with a bang.
Decembers' fixtures are all winnable and a possible 15 points on offer.
I personally believe that 10 points from the nxt 5 gameswould be a more realistic and achievable goal.
If however we don't get 10 i think we could possibly find ourselves just outside the top 2.
Lets face it....

QPR are a strong outfit and always seem to pull a result out of the bag, this shows great character in the face of adversity and it's not just once they've managed to salvage a point or get the win in the dying minutes.

Swansea City are as good a footballing side on their day as anyone and proved their on the pitch character against us as well as many other teams...they are hot on our heels and beware anybody who thinks that we will finish above them if we don't sort ourselves out in the next 2 months. They are a real threat to our promotion hopes.

Nottingham Forest...ok they have faultered a little of late but they are a very big club and they are a strong outfit again this season, Big clubs have a knack of coping with pressures and coping in the face of adversity...they will be there or there abouts.

Burnley....just come down from the premiership and struggled initially to find some championship form but now starting to find their feet, i think they will come good now that they have realised they have to work harder in this league.

These teams thrown into the mix along with a couple of suprise packages, some transfer coups in January and the odd dark horse then it shows that nothing is certain in this league and i am genuinely worried.
One thing is for certain, if DJ get us there he will me a legend....if he doesn't then surely he would have to go.
C'mon you mighty Bluebirds
C'mon Dave jones

Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:13 pm

griff105 wrote:Jones got little money to spend
Keane had a sh1t load of money to spend at sunderland and he bought some right plums. They only just avoided goingdown and were about to when he walked out.
And he will be out again this week I reckon

great footballer but not sure about great manager and we need a great manager

Didn't have much cash i agree, He did and does have one of the highest wagebills in the divison so he cant keep coming up with excuses.Like saturday he blamed the ref for us losing, Yes it was a penalty but QPR were far better than us second half. :ayatollah: Who would you like to see in charge if a change was made ?

Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:20 pm

Bowmonster wrote:
Keane had a sh1t load of money to spend at sunderland and he bought some right plums. They only just avoided goingdown and were about to when he walked out.

Didn't have much cash i agree, He did and does have one of the highest wagebills in the divison so he cant keep coming up with excuses.Like saturday he blamed the ref for us losing, Yes it was a penalty but QPR were far better than us second half. :ayatollah: Who would you like to see in charge if a change was made ?

And you think Sunderland had a small wage bill?
Keane is a poor manager, would be one of the last managers on my list if DJ did leave.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Do you Believe We will be in the Top 2 in May ?
or
Do You Believe We Will be in Top 6 in May ?

Please Be Honest about This, In My Opinion We have the Best Team in This Division on Paper, Will WE BE PROMOTED IN MAY 2011 ?

Who Stands by Dave Jones Still ?

Who Believe Dave Jones will Fail ?

This is Not a Dig at DJ, its just an HONEST DEBATE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I have lost confidence in our chances of being top 2 in May the reason being the inconsistency of the team, however it would be a complete disaster not to be in the top 6. If we are in the playoffs well we all know the likely outcome and its called disappointment.

In my heart I really want DJ to get us promotion this season but me head tells me we are going to have more disappointment.

At the end of the day he is having his 6th attempt at getting us promoted and if you think it took Warnock 8 years to get Sheffield Utd promoted he still got a few years to beat that record. However Warnock looks like getting QPR promoted in his first full season. Nigel Clough also looks like getting Derby into at least the playoffs in his first full season, as is Brendon Rodgers and Ady Boothroyd at Coventry.

So for everyone who thinks there is no one better than DJ out there why has it taken him 4 years to make the playoffs, afterall Billy Davies, Nigel Pearson and Ian Holloway all did it in their 1st full season last year.

Most people will know I'm not a DJ fan and I truely believe changing manager now would not be the recipe for disaster that some think. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:22 pm

Your forgetting the first few years were about staying up, not going up.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:28 pm

or

Please Be Honest about This, In My Opinion We have the Best Team in This Division on Paper, Will WE BE PROMOTED IN MAY 2011 ?

This is Not a Dig at DJ, its just an HONEST DEBATE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis, WE WILL BE PROMOTED AUTOMATICALLY THIS SEASON AND DJ WILL TAKE US THERE.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:30 pm

carlccfc wrote:
or

I like your confidence Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: and i hope you are right

Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:32 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Your forgetting the first few years were about staying up, not going up.

Fair enough but of course in his 2nd season we were clear at the top until dare I say it "November" but of course that was 4 years ago.

By the way add Paul Lambert, Steve Cotterill and Sven to the list of managers with a chance of making the plsyoffs in their first season.

We will never agree but it does make me laugh at how people are so willing to give this guy the benefit of any doubt in what it lets face it a results driven industry. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:32 pm

Bowmonster wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
or

I like your confidence Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: and i hope you are right

I REALLY Hope Your Right Carl. :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:39 pm

castleblue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Your forgetting the first few years were about staying up, not going up.

Fair enough but of course in his 2nd season we were clear at the top until dare I say it "November" but of course that was 4 years ago.

By the way add Paul Lambert, Steve Cotterill and Sven to the list of managers with a chance of making the plsyoffs in their first season.

We will never agree but it does make me laugh at how people are so willing to give this guy the benefit of any doubt in what it lets face it a results driven industry. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Plenty of solid managers named but they are only in and around the play/off.

Under DJ I've never thought we had a squad good enough for top two, IMO it's always been about trying to push into the top 6 and DJ has improved every season. This season is different the squad is good enough for auto and I fully expect DJ to deliver and believe he will.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:56 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:30 plus years of false dawns makes me think we'll screw up.

:old:

Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:04 pm

If we get funds in January to buy 2-3 players we will get in the top two if not play- off

Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:24 pm

Depends on who we buy in Jan, if the right players come in DEF top 2. We got to belive we can do it this time, and the players got to belive it 2 and that comes from the top down. So come on DJ so us all, that you have got the passion and i hope the footballing brain to get us there. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:31 pm

asjaber wrote:Depends on who we buy in Jan, if the right players come in DEF top 2. We got to belive we can do it this time, and the players got to belive it 2 and that comes from the top down. So come on DJ so us all, that you have got the passion and i hope the footballing brain to get us there. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

we need a dominant centre half in the mould of johnson.
At the moment we look like we are going to concede in every game we play.
Hudson is similar to purse where you know he will give the opposition a chance to score every game.
sometimes jones mis guided loyalty costs the team dear.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:49 pm

i think we will finish 2nd. i think we will be top for a long time and then fall away at the end but still retain auto

Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:50 pm

Top 2. We've got November out the way where for whatever reason we do badly, now 2 good months, slump in February then picking up before a slump in April and May, just scraping it over the line for 2nd! (please)

** the headline on the above graph should be average number of points per match per month!

Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:00 pm

I apologise if I'm wrong, but I remember reading a statistic about Keane that he didn't actually spend that much money net when at Sunderland - he sold as much (especially when he joined and the promotion) as he bought. I will try and find it. I'd better point out, I'm not a Keane fan in the slightest - IF jones went, Lambert would preferable to him.

As for where we will be, I truely don't know. It's far too much a of a lucky dip right now, which is what has maddened some City fans. If we had won certain matches, then we would by now have a comfortable cushion between us and the play offs, and we would have a stronger element of control. As it stands, the likes of Leicester, Derby, Bunley are starting to find their form - we haven't capitalised as much as we should on their slow starts, and if were not careful then we could find ourselves in the play offs at best.

I think we have one of the best teams in the league - although if our defence is that bad then can this really be true? It will all hinge on whether dave jones can buy the right players in january, and most importantly, whether he can learn to beat the top teams - can't depend on getting wins against bottom teams, in the hope that QPR etc draw with them. WE WILL NOT GET PROMOTED IF WE CANNOT BEAT THE TOP TEAMS :(

Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:07 pm

I dont get this about the top teams, ok we lost to QPR but we played well and were very unlucky to come away with nothing. We also lost to Swansea (we didnt perform) in third but then again we also beat Derby (4th) Norwich (5th) Coventry (6th)

Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:22 pm

On current form we would probably struggle to make a top six, but we have been in this position before & have scraped home, so with a bit of streangthening in January & getting everyone motivated we could do it, top two that is. January is the key!

Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:47 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:On current form we would probably struggle to make a top six, but we have been in this position before & have scraped home, so with a bit of streangthening in January & getting everyone motivated we could do it, top two that is. January is the key!

And start with the defence, iv'e never been a fan of Gyepes, Hudson is a liability, & Taylor just dosent cut the mustard, imho.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:04 am

Ok I have to ask but do you think Taylor is being played out of position :?

Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:09 am

Not sure what his favoured position is, but he just dosen't seem confident when he has the ball. He's also easy to beat when confronted with a "pacy" winger.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:13 am

Ok I was slightly taking the piss as I didnt know who you meant :oops:

Obviously meant Naylor which in fairness isnt far wrong :lol:
Personally I like Naylor and thought he did well at QPR until Koumas was brought on, made a lot of tough tackles and gave us much needed balance. If Naylor had been up the pitch instead of Koumas when he had his chance I think he would have scored,Id have no probs playing him LM

Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:18 am

Sorry, i meant Naylor. :oops: Point taken, At least he has a go.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:21 am

Last Season I really thought we would make the Play Offs but not go up it was just a gut feeling I had that it would all end in tears and it did at Wembley. This Season i just have a gut feeling that we are going to go up as Champions i don't know why and i can't explain but maybe after what happened at Wembley DJ and the whole squad don't want the lottery of the Play Offs and the determination is there to go up automatically. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:24 am

I hope your right mate, i hope your right. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:43 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:Sorry, i meant Naylor. :oops: Point taken, At least he has a go.

It seems im in the minority on Naylor so you may well be correct but my opinion is he is doing a good job :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:24 am

i have a sneaky feeling dave jones wont be hear come the end of jan.

i see us finishing about 4th if he is though, and failing in the play offs. :cry:

i'd love to be wrong though :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:26 am

milly44 wrote:i have a sneaky feeling dave jones wont be hear come the end of jan.

i see us finishing about 4th if he is though, and failing in the play offs. :cry:

i'd love to be wrong though :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

What happened to you being silent :lol: