Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' HONEST ANSWERS/OPINIONS PLEASE '

Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:29 am

2blue2handle wrote:
milly44 wrote:i have a sneaky feeling dave jones wont be hear come the end of jan.

i see us finishing about 4th if he is though, and failing in the play offs. :cry:

i'd love to be wrong though :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

What happened to you being silent :lol:

sorry luke, ok from now i will not mentioned the subject of DJ for a week :twisted: :D

Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:33 am

:lol: :lol: aawww gwon I dont mind, ill enjoy it more when he takes us up as champions :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:40 am

I am not convinced that DJ can halt the current bad run. I know Carl has stated that money will be available in Jan but I honestly believe that if we dont start winning very soon VT will have second thoughts.
If you were VT would you hand over millions of your money to a man who has bought some right crap recently.
I hate to be so negative but it is a genuine fear.
The only way we can get promoted is by automatic promotion as if we get to the play offs I think DJ will blow it again.

SORRY ! :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:15 am

My heart says top 2 , my head says top 6 unless the team pulls together, it also depends on who we bring in January defense wise and how quickly they gel.

Jones has to stay but judge him in May ..............

Best chance ever this year to go up , comer January we will also see squad and access :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:34 am

Top 2 this year! We're going through a bad patch atm but it wont last and we'll spend a bit in Jan

DJ is a class manager he's spend f**k all and had to sell his best players every year. We would never attract anything better

Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:23 pm

We will be champions. Although DJ will bottle all the 'big ones' we will mop up the other matches which by far outnumber the matches which scare DJ. ( I have however booked my usual parking spot at Wembley as a contingency plan :D )

Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:47 pm

Just don't know. You said to be honest.

Jones to me is close to losing it.

For all his rhetoric on The Footbal League sky show etc, when he starts blaming the ref for the failings of his defence then to me he has a problem.

Ask again after the window shuts end of January.

At present if pushed, we should get top 6.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:54 pm

We should make the top 2, and the league is there for the taking as there are no ‘big teams’ this year.

However I do wonder about Dave Jones’s tactics sometimes and why does he fall out with players so easily!! Footballers are strange people who need and thrive on confidence. Somehow DJ does his best at taking the confidence out of the players by either criticising them in public or dropping them for now good reason.

So we will go up but despite DJ not because of him. :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:57 pm

yes we will finish 2nd

believe DJ will succeed( has done more than enough since he has been here bearing in mind with all the rubbish he has had to put up with )

Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:49 pm

Hi Annis, we won't get promoted until we get a manager who exudes passion and transfers that passion through to the players on the pitch.You can spend as much money as you like but unless you start signing players with the right attitude who roll up their sleeves when the chips are down then we won't get out of this division. We are the biggest under achievers in this league.If Martin O'Neill was in charge we would have won saturday and been promoted by the end of January.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:37 pm

Not sure about promoted by January, but with someone
like O'Neil in charge, we would definately have shown better
against Swans, Forest and QPR

Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:33 am

Do you Believe We will be in the Top 2 in May ?
or
Do You Believe We Will be in Top 6 in May ?

top 2 based on current squad providing we bring in a decent CB to partner riggott when fit plus jay cover
is essential for me

Please Be Honest about This, In My Opinion We have the Best Team in This Division on Paper, Will WE BE PROMOTED IN MAY 2011 ?

yes even if we finish top 6 i think this time we'll do it in play offs

Who Stands by Dave Jones Still ?

i do, he has his faults but whose available thats got more experince than him for the same price?? all managers have faults, he has to win promotion or he's out IMO, plus we should stand by our manager all it does is cause more issues when fans don't as it creates negativity for the players which affect players

Who Believe Dave Jones will Fail ?

Anyone who belives this is a fool IMO we should be backing him to succeed as we as fans want our team in the promise land, not all will belive he's up to it but surely we should back him publicly to boost the morale of the players, if you are prepared to fail then be prepared to fail!!!! this isn't the idea we should be giving th players we need to vocally back them and the manager!! getting rid of DJ now would probably be the worst thing we could do! just my opinion mind you

This is Not a Dig at DJ, its just an HONEST DEBATE

a very good debate annis but i say back DJ and back the team, who in my opinion are the ones letting us down at present with their poor performances and they can try and blame DJ etc but they are the professionals they get paid to play and they aint playing at present!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:04 pm

It's difficult to back up Jones when he confounds us all with some of his signings**, team selections and tactics.

It's not fair criticism to call someone a fool if he believes Jones will fail.

The author asked for honest opinions.

Jones has the opportunity to make up for one of these omissions** in the January window.

:ayatollah:

Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:43 pm

GREAT DEBATE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:45 pm

As long as Dave Jones doesn't lack the bottle, as he did towards the end of last season and against swansea this season, we will comfortably finish top 2 at the end of the season

Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:47 pm

I s'pose one way to look at it would be, that if WE don't finish in the top two come May, I should think that QPR and, it hurts me to say, the Jerks would be one and two, and I'd fancy our chances against any other teams in this division

Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:56 pm

No, swansea will fade away.

If anyone it'll be a Derby, Leicester or Forest.

I think also QPR will get found out soon - if someone just plays keep ball like them, they'll crack. Taraabt cannot perform every week.

Its City's for the taking but so many problems that Jones needs to sort - when will we ever get a clean sheet again for starters :roll: