Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WOULD YOU TAKE PARKIN OF PRESTON AS

Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:29 pm

back up for jay?

because i can see jay either getting injured or back chatting is way out of games.

how much would he cost?

Re: WOULD YOU TAKE PARKIN OF PRESTON AS

Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:46 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:back up for jay?

because i can see jay either getting injured or back chatting is way out of games.

how much would he cost?

Yes I would.

Also a real threat to throw on for the last 10 when players tend to ping long balls into the box, maybe even keep the 2 of them on if we are searching for a winner.

Scores goals and is a lot better on the deck than many give him creidt for.

How much, maybe £300k with add-ons. Depends how much preston want the money and whether he could be err.. unsettled. ;)

Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:47 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:back up for jay?

how much would he cost?

Yes I would.

Also a real threat to throw on for the last 10 when players tend to ping long balls into the box, maybe even keep the 2 of them on if we are searching for a winner.

Scores goals and is a lot better on the deck than many give him creidt for.

How much, maybe £300k with add-ons. Depends how much preston want the money and whether he could be err.. unsettled. ;)

i just thinking of the price and wages would help us add more players in then? i think he good player he done good in a crap team to be fair to him.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:56 am

In a heartbeat, yes.

Him or Thommo would do.

Thommo's used to playing up front alongside Chopra as well, that was the partnership we went top of the league with in 2006 :ayatollah:

So either one would do.

And neither would break the bank for our Malaysian friends. I'd go so far as to say neither would cost over a million and that is what we have to spend to get a player of the quality and ability to be an able reinforcement for Jay Bothroyd.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:04 am

Absolutely not!! Nowhere near Jay's ability. He only ever scores against us....like that numpty from Leicester last year!!

I'm thinking Robbie Keane is kicking his heels at Tottenham....and Harry owes us a favour after we gifted him the FA Cup!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:11 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:Absolutely not!! Nowhere near Jay's ability. He only ever scores against us....like that numpty from Leicester last year!!

I'm thinking Robbie Keane is kicking his heels at Tottenham....and Harry owes us a favour after we gifted him the FA Cup!!

Robbie Keane.

£10m and he isnt even a targetman.

Come on, be realistic. Like Didier Drogba

Parkin's got 7 in 17 this season and 28 in 68 + subs appearances in total for preston. So he DOES score goals in the championship.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:15 pm

Didn't Parkin score a hat trick not so long ago? I think a player like Parkin is just what we need.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:17 pm

If Parkin actually took care of himself he's a potential Premiership player. He's such a fat lazy f**k though. He'd fit in well here! :D

I'd like us to find someone better though.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:52 pm

anyone know what ishmael miller .s up to these days could be good backup for jay what you all think :ayatollah: