Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Honest views on dave jones..

Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:56 pm

Do you really think sacking him now in nov is right? who else will leave their club in nov to come to us? my view is we nearly lost "our" club this year started with a embargo had to get loan players in jones been doing lot off the pitch also and we're still 2nd? deserve respect in my view.

Re: Honest views on dave jones..

Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:00 am

Llantrisant Blue. wrote:Do you really think sacking him now in nov is right? who else will leave their club in nov to come to us? my view is we nearly lost "our" club this year started with a embargo had to get loan players in jones been doing lot off the pitch also and we're still 2nd? deserve respect in my view.

hes a great manager, tactically aware, willing to shield his players by taking the blame himself, willing to set up great working relations with the local media, always plays up local derby, thoroughly enjoys the test of big matches, and most importantly he's fantastic when it comes to showing appreciation for us the fans :D

Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:02 am

milly44 wrote:
Llantrisant Blue. wrote:Do you really think sacking him now in nov is right? who else will leave their club in nov to come to us? my view is we nearly lost "our" club this year started with a embargo had to get loan players in jones been doing lot off the pitch also and we're still 2nd? deserve respect in my view.

hes a great manager, tactically aware, willing to shield his players by taking the blame himself, willing to set up great working relations with the local media, always plays up local derby, thoroughly enjoys the test of big matches, and most importantly he's fantastic when it comes to showing appreciation for us the fans :D

I know that was sarcy :lol: but to be fair he does say are away support is good but if he said are home support was good then that's clearly a lie :lol:

Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:06 am

Llantrisant Blue. wrote:
milly44 wrote:

I know that was sarcy :lol: but to be fair he does say are away support is good but if he said are home support was good then that's clearly a lie :lol:

:lol: SORRY I COULDNT RESIST MATE :D

Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:13 am

i have said this before but im not a fan of changing management in the middle of a season, the board must think DJ can do the job or they would have pulled in someone new at the beginning of the season. I like and I hate DJ its hard to tell how much passion he has as he never shows it but i suppose that doesnt mean he doesnt have any. I like the fact he has managed to pull a good squad together in difficult circumstances. Our season isnt falling apart we cant win every game and we are 2nd which is a position I will be happy with at the end of the season. DJ needs to get us promotion this season be it 1st or 2nd or through the play-offs, if he cant then lets find someone who can but sack him at the end of the season not half way through.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:00 am

FFS get off the man's back....unless you're perfect in your own lives (which NONE of us are....except, perhaps for Phillip Schofield :lol: )

Dave Jones has taken this club forward EVERY season he's been here....mainly in the face of adversity!! He's slowly built a team that are serious challengers for the Premier League and he's made the club a few bob on the way.... :roll:

Yes, he's made a few mistakes, which have been well highlighted (I say exagerrated!!) by certain members of the local media and by a few on this site....but I genuinely ask whether anyone really thinks someone else would have done a better (or should I say more productive) job?? :roll:

Don't be like MediaWales and conduct a witch hunt for the removal of Dave. Their motives are personal and they won't be happy until he's gone. Then who will we get?? And will the new guy do any better?? Personally, I doubt it!! :roll:

Overall, he's been outstanding for this club and it's a huge testament to HIM that the more fickle (and dare I say it, newer) amongst our followers feel they can still complain when we are second in the table and have a Cardiff City-coached England centre forward in our midst!!

With a new ground, great team and Vincent Tan at the reins, Cardiff City (and its supporters) have NEVER had it so good!!

Finally, we dare to dream.... :P

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:19 am

His end of season record is appalling and not only at Cardiff City. He is tactically inept (players selected out of position). He is stubborn and sticks by players who are simply not good enough, I give as an example Hudson and he can't see a fantastic player if it hits him in smack in the face, I give as an example Ramsey. Jones thoughht he wasn't ready for an FA Cup Final (laughable) yet months later he is playing Premier League and Champions League Football for Arsenal :lol: Season in season out there seems to be unrest in the camp. He ships out a load of players brings in a load more and things are rosy for a while then fall apart again - that can be no coincidence. He has a poor relationship with the press/media - this is the first line of communication to the fans and is not in the best interests of the club that he refuses to speak with certain media outlets. When he does manage to utter a few words to the media in my view he comes accross as arrogant and not very complimentary of the Cardiff City fans and people of South Wales in General. His win to games ratio is 41% while that's not bad its not brilliant and for people to say with who do we replace Dave Jones? I say there are plenty of managers with better records than him out there. If I was looking for a manager to replace him I would look no further than Paul Lambert at Norwich, he is doing an amazing job there and improves season on season as a manager. His win to games ratio at Norwich is an amazing 57.75% and don't forget he did a brilliant job with virtually no resources at lowly Colchester United before that. He's young, Forward thinking, tactically very savvy, connects well with the fans, very positive with the media and the players want to play for him, you can see that if you watch them play every man is a 100% 'er. He is everything that Dave Jones is not. My message to the Malaysians would be sound this fella out before it's too late and the wheels fall completely off our season - the signs are there, be honest with yourselves, we look anything but promotion contenders at the moment - we are playing crap and there is only one place you need to lay the blame for that right at the doorstep of one Dave Jones.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:50 am

milly44 wrote:

NAIL! ............. HEAD!!!! ....and he's a tosser :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:09 am

ihatealiens wrote:His end of season record is appalling and not only at Cardiff City. He is tactically inept (players selected out of position). He is stubborn and sticks by players who are simply not good enough, I give as an example Hudson and he can't see a fantastic player if it hits him in smack in the face, I give as an example Ramsey. Jones thoughht he wasn't ready for an FA Cup Final (laughable) yet months later he is playing Premier League and Champions League Football for Arsenal :lol: Season in season out there seems to be unrest in the camp. He ships out a load of players brings in a load more and things are rosy for a while then fall apart again - that can be no coincidence. He has a poor relationship with the press/media - this is the first line of communication to the fans and is not in the best interests of the club that he refuses to speak with certain media outlets. When he does manage to utter a few words to the media in my view he comes accross as arrogant and not very complimentary of the Cardiff City fans and people of South Wales in General. His win to games ratio is 41% while that's not bad its not brilliant and for people to say with who do we replace Dave Jones? I say there are plenty of managers with better records than him out there. If I was looking for a manager to replace him I would look no further than Paul Lambert at Norwich, he is doing an amazing job there and improves season on season as a manager. His win to games ratio at Norwich is an amazing 57.75% and don't forget he did a brilliant job with virtually no resources at lowly Colchester United before that. He's young, Forward thinking, tactically very savvy, connects well with the fans, very positive with the media and the players want to play for him, you can see that if you watch them play every man is a 100% 'er. He is everything that Dave Jones is not. My message to the Malaysians would be sound this fella out before it's too late and the wheels fall completely off our season - the signs are there, be honest with yourselves, we look anything but promotion contenders at the moment - we are playing crap and there is only one place you need to lay the blame for that right at the doorstep of one Dave Jones.

completely agree :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:10 am

anyone who thinks sacking jones now needs their head examined. Who better will we get in? But if we are not promoted come may then its time for a change.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:47 am

milly44 wrote:

milly heres a thought "ARE YOU DJ IN DISGUISE" :lol:

Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:06 pm

murphy wrote:

anyone who thinks sacking jones now needs their head examined. Who better will we get in? But if we are not promoted come may then its time for a change.

If we wait that long, and we don't get promoted, then we blow our best chance ever. We won't get another chance like this.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:19 pm

murphy wrote:

I refer you to the post I made earlier in this thread. There are plenty of better managers we could get in. Why wait? do it now I say before the transfer window opens. So if you were the Malaysians would you trust him with your money knowing he was the one who signed Gyepes, Hudson and Naylor? I certainly wouldn't in my view he is very hit and miss with his signings, It appears we have a split camp amongst the players again - why ? and as a manager he is tactically inept.