Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ANY one else would like to see mcphail back

Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:19 pm

in the midfield ? just for the easy passing and keep ball and carm head ?

i think we do.

opinions?

Re: ANY one else would like to see mcphail back

Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:14 pm

No thanks mate, He is worse that Whitts for tackling and slower than Hudosn and Gypes :lol: , I'd move whitts back out left side and Danny Drinkwater alongside Oli in the middle to break up the attacks against us. :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:19 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:in the midfield ? just for the easy passing and keep ball and carm head ?

i think we do.

opinions?

Right now I think this needs fellers who can knuckle down and get stuck in.

McPhail is not that man

Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:29 pm

rather see a new manager who can actually motivate our players, because some of them need a kick up the ass and some need showing the door.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:51 pm

I would bring back Mcphail for the match - if only to see if his passing can get the most out of Bellamy around behind their right back. I would leave out Drinkwater for a few games, and give Whitts a rest. He has played well in the middle but perhaps the continous battling there is not what he is used to.

I would go with Chops and Jay up front with Bellamy and Burke left and right in midfield.

At the back...that's someone elses problem !

Of course I am just a fan and don't know the ins and outs of injuries etc.

An early goal - for us - will set the game.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:54 pm

Absolutely no.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:55 pm

I wanted McPhail to play instead of Koumas when Drinkwater was out but I thought Drinkwater looked a lot better against QPR. I'd say keep Drinkwater and Oli in the middle but I would definitely play McPhail ahead of Koumas. I'd even play Wildig ahead of Koumas... actually, Wildig ahead of McPhail as well!

Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:01 pm

Im not fussed on Oli and Drinks together in the middle, to me it lacks creativity especially in home games.

I like McPhail but I think Witts is the better option.