Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Olifinjana - For those in the know ?

Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:22 am

Apprently he is was on 26k per week at Hull and we are meant to be paying 16k per week

I have picked up this information from a Hull fan so not sure if accurate but surely that seems well outside our wage structure if we have one.

Can anyone clarify ?

:ayatollah:

Re: Olifinjana - For those in the know ?

Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:26 am

16K a week for someone who is unable to kick a football in a straight line, honestly? :?

"The Patrick Viera of the Championship" :oops: :lol:

Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:28 am

Dobbin wrote:Apprently he is was on 26k per week at Hull and we are meant to be paying 16k per week

I have picked up this information from a Hull fan so not sure if accurate but surely that seems well outside our wage structure if we have one.

Can anyone clarify ?

:ayatollah:

and we can't offer jay a good offer.......... make you think doesn't it .

Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:30 am

i would think a deal would have been done, say, for example, we pay 10 thousand and hull pay the rest, i think?

Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:35 am

ninianblue wrote:i would think a deal would have been done, say, for example, we pay 10 thousand and hull pay the rest, i think?

If you re read it he was getting 26k per week when playing for Hull

We are paying 16k and Hull are paying 10k per week - It just seems a hell of alot !!

Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:54 am

It's wrong that we will pay more wages for a season long loanee, than we will pay for a fully signed player! :evil:

They need to sort this out!

Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:23 am

DJ said we are still operating on 'slightly less' than last years budget so we must have made the money up somewhere for him.

Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:31 am

I seem to remember that Oli was on £28,000 per week at Hull and not £26,000, but that was before they got relegated and his wages dropped to £20,000!

I believe that we are paying half of the £20,000 per week! :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:34 am

ninianblue wrote:i would think a deal would have been done, say, for example, we pay 10 thousand and hull pay the rest, i think?

sorry, imust have just looked at it and not read it, :lol: yeah, 16 thousand a week does sound alot, thought he was great against doncaster, but little since then,, i wonder if its a case of whats in it for me,, why should i bust my guts ,getting cardiff to the prem, then me going back to hull, could be loan signings arent reall bothered, but i do think 16k is far to much for what hes putting in to the team?

Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:33 pm

I still find Mark Hudson's wage hilarious. Every other player's wage pales in comparison in shock value in my eyes.

Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:14 pm

Zabier wrote:I still find Mark Hudson's wage hilarious. Every other player's wage pales in comparison in shock value in my eyes.

how much is he on ?? :ayatollah: