Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Welsh debate

Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:52 pm

I am unsure if you have come across my work yet.
I am a free lance sports journalist who likes to discuss issues within Football.
On my site so far I have player interviews, features on clubs and some debates.
Today’s article discusses Welsh teams in the English system, i would love you to have a read and give me your opinion.
Take a look and let me know what you think.
WWW.
SHOUTSFROMTHESTANDS.
WORDPRESS.
COM
Thank you

Re: The Welsh debate

Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:55 pm

I've sent you a PM about your work matey. ;)

Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:44 pm

shoutsfromthestands wrote:I am unsure if you have come across my work yet.
I am a free lance sports journalist who likes to discuss issues within Football.
On my site so far I have player interviews, features on clubs and some debates.
Today’s article discusses Welsh teams in the English system, i would love you to have a read and give me your opinion.
Take a look and let me know what you think.
WWW.
SHOUTSFROMTHESTANDS.
WORDPRESS.
COM
Thank you

You like to discuss issues within football? Sorry but I didn't realise us being in the English leauge was an issue. It's not as if you woke up this morning to find that a couple of clubs from Wales have "joined in".
To be fair this sort of non-story is only ever brought up by lazy journo's who lack the imagination needed to put together a decent read.
And it only ever coincides when we are doing okay in the league. When drifting between the 3rd and 4th divisions no one ever brings up this non-story. When the Welsh clubs show some form there always seems to be an English wanker who likes to remind us that it's not our ball and if we don't let the English sides win then they are going to take their ball home.
At the end of the day, if you didn't want us in this league then you should have said so when we were in the southern league. Like I said though it only becomes an "issue" for people like you when we start winning.

Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:47 pm

Berwyn wrote:You like to discuss issues within football? Sorry but I didn't realise us being in the English leauge was an issue.

It's an issue to some English supporters