Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" What was the point in going to Wembley three times? "

Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:04 am

Why does Jones bother if the abuse he gets from fans is like it is currently?

In football, no team has a God given right to be successful, look at Real Madrid's galactico's, with the best manager in the world - fact - they were raped 5-0 by Barcelona the other day.

Lyon in the French premier league spent the record fee ever by a French club on Yoann Gourcuff in the summer and they are miles off the pace in Ligue Un.

I don't need to mention Chelsea, do I? Still no Champions League title.

If you are not proud of the manager who took my club to Wembley 3 times, the first time for 81 years, then he is right - your expectations are far too high for a club that has now spent 83 years devoid of recognisable honours.

Look at it this way - Stoke were promoted the season before us via the Division Two playoffs. Look at them now. They've not had the likes of Hammam and Liesdale to hinder them and, frankly, I'll happily admit they have a better manager. That is why they're in the Premier League and we're not.
But look at QPR, the side we beat. They've had massive investment from shady businessmen and they are nothing short of 4 points ahead of us. At Christmas.

If we can be where Stoke are in three years' time I'll be very happy. That's a fair timescale, I think, given that we now have decent people in charge and a new ground to boot.

Though they meant a lot to us, wins against Real Madrid, Leeds and Man City do not equal promotions and continued success, nor do they equal trophies.

83 years of f**k all does not mean we should sack the manager after 7 games of much of the same.

(And I bet this thread won't be made a sticky!) :lol:

Re: What was the point in going to Wembley three times?

Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:47 am

couldn't agree more dave

Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:37 am

Well putting it in a nutshell the moaning scouser has been given everything he has asked for and still produces the same results, that is a bad string of results when the odds are stacked heavily in his favour. If at my work I was given the best tools I would expect to produce better results not the same stuff.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:43 am

I agree Dave, some people would rather see someone like Darren Ferguson as manaager; who despite having his fathers cast offs, is hardly setting the world alight. Football isn't a personality contest, it's about winning games, and sometimes people forget how bad the football was to watch in the 3rd & 4th Divisions.

It has been poor the last month and a half, but, the panic, moaning & general doom-mongering is all a bit over the top.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:48 am

Answering Dave From Sheffield as well.

and
Back of the Net wrote:I agree Dave, some people would rather see someone like Darren Ferguson as manaager; who despite having his fathers cast offs, is hardly setting the world alight. Football isn't a personality contest, it's about winning games, and sometimes people forget how bad the football was to watch in the 3rd & 4th Divisions.

It has been poor the last month and a half, but, the panic, moaning & general doom-mongering is all a bit over the top.

SO DO YOU KEEP A MANAGER WHO NEVER GETS OVER THE FINISH LINE, GO TO WEMBLEY 50 TIMES, BUT WHAT DOES DAVE JONES WIN ?

Why Does Dave Jones bother because of the abuse he gets ? Dave Jones brings the abuse to himself, He does himself NO FAVOURS, But Why Does he Bother ? " MONEY " .

Its Not just about This last few weeks IS IT ?
And as you know, Yes I Rate Darren Ferguson amongst many others Ive said on here before, like Neil Warnock,Ian Holloway,Alan Curbishley etc etc

Its Getting a bit Boring Now, But here is just a Few Reasons Why I Dont Rate Dave Jones

Hers just a Few of MY REASONS, YOURS PLEASE SIR JONES

Having the Biggest Wage out side The Premiership.
Having Spent more money on Transfers and WAGES IN THE HISTORY OF CARDIFF CITY.
No Respect for Our Fans.
Claims Our Club HAS NO HISTORY.
Great Managers Win Trophies/Titles and Promotions, Jones is yet to Win One.
Cant be Bothered With Our player of the year Do(First time in 25 years had to be cancelled), Childrens Xmas do etc etc.
Anti Welsh.
Anti Welsh Youngsters coming through.
Brings injury prone players on old pals act or Donkeys Like Naylor/Keogh/Kennedy/Cooper etc
Over paid players like Eddie Johnson/Fowler/Hasslebank/Hudson/Sinclair/Koumas even My Mate Warren Feeney was Stunned by his Wage.
His type of striker is Eddie Johnson, £20,000 a week for a Season.

" IN 112 GAMES, WHEN WE ARE 1 NIL DOWN DAVE JONES IN NEARLY 6 YEARS HAS NOW COME BACK TO WIN APPROX 9 GAMES,WORST RECORD IN HISTORY FOR A LEAGUE MANAGER. " :evil:

Just a FEW OF MY REASONS WHY I FEEL HE SHOULD NOT BE OUR MANAGER or BE APPRECIATED, Just MY OPINION WITH FACTS TO BACK IT UP.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:04 am

If the manager can't bring us trophies or promotion then he should at least provide attractive football. Instead he gives excuse after excuse where the fault is never his. He gives us and his players a side of himself that is rude, dismissive, and centered on his own lack of social skills. He's too stupid to realise that if results are not going his way he should be trying to make friends of his critics rather than rubbing them up the wrong way. We have a manager that jumped at the chance to bring in Bellamy without any consideration of whether he'd fit into the team and now we have a team wherein few players know what their roll is. His demotivational skills are legendary. So much so that even those who support him accept that the best way to success is to do nothing. Logic is something that does not visit Mr Jones often, if at all.

We have a central defence problem yet the manager insists on putting personal vendettas before the good of the team just as when we had problems with strikers. He is unable to see the larger picture as demonstrated by how he can never manage to fix more than one problem at a time. Bringing in injured players and expecting them to become match fit/ maintaining match fitness, by organising a friendly game every few months demonstrates how he lives in a La La world.
Foresight is a skill the man has never mastered yet his golfing skills are I understand quite good after spending so much time on the golf course in past seasons.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:09 am

Gerry Hat Trick wrote:If the manager can't bring us trophies or promotion then he should at least provide attractive football. Instead he gives excuse after excuse where the fault is never his. He gives us and his players a side of himself that is rude, dismissive, and centered on his own lack of social skills. He's too stupid to realise that if results are not going his way he should be trying to make friends of his critics rather than rubbing them up the wrong way. We have a manager that jumped at the chance to bring in Bellamy without any consideration of whether he'd fit into the team and now we have a team wherein few players know what their roll is. His demotivational skills are legendary. So much so that even those who support him accept that the best way to success is to do nothing. Logic is something that does not visit Mr Jones often, if at all.

We have a central defence problem yet the manager insists on putting personal vendettas before the good of the team just as when we had problems with strikers. He is unable to see the larger picture as demonstrated by how he can never manage to fix more than one problem at a time. Bringing in injured players and expecting them to become match fit/ maintaining match fitness, by organising a friendly game every few months demonstrates how he lives in a La La world.
Foresight is a skill the man has never mastered yet his golfing skills are I understand quite good after spending so much time on the golf course in past seasons.

Yes Dave Jones is His OWN WORST ENEMY, Also Your Right He puts Personal Vendettas before the good of the Team.

Re: " What was the point in going to Wembley three times? "

Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:50 am

Up until this season I have been a Jones fan, purely because he could point to his record of having improved our league position, albeit slowly, year on year.

However, I am now beginning to get a little worried. Whatever we may feel about DJ, he has always know what his preferred first 11 is. We may not have agreed with him but he has always been consistent on that, this season I'm still not sure he feels that way and as a result we have had strange selections like QPR and the Jacks :shock:

He has made brave calls (e.g. dropping Chopra) but then instead of changing the formation he's reverted to 4-4-2. Anyone who went to Pompey (when Chops was injured) will know that we looked unbeatable that day and we played Oli, Drinks and Whitts CM, Bellamy and Burke wide and Jay upfront.

Having said all that, I commented to mates at the start of the season that if DJ didn't get us up this season it would be his last (I think he would walk without being pushed). I still think that he can get us there and I actually think he should revert to being more stubborn and not change for change sake, therefore I will stick by him until it is mathematically impossible for us to go up. Tell the players the formation we'll be playing and stick to it. This is anti everything I would normally say about tactics but I just think that our first 11 is good enough to beat anyone in this league and therefore they just need a bit of stability :ayatollah:

Just one thing, I do think we, as fans, need to sometimes refrain from the regular howls of anguish every time we lose. We didn't even play on Saturday results, Leeds aside, went our way and we're really not much worse of now than we were before this slump. Yes we've got lucky but it's a horrendously long season to get to the promised land and we have to get right behind the manager and the team on match days because if we win on Bioxing Day and other results go in our favour again then we could be looking pretty good still :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:12 am

Gerry Hat Trick wrote:If the manager can't bring us trophies or promotion then he should at least provide attractive football. Instead he gives excuse after excuse where the fault is never his. He gives us and his players a side of himself that is rude, dismissive, and centered on his own lack of social skills. He's too stupid to realise that if results are not going his way he should be trying to make friends of his critics rather than rubbing them up the wrong way. We have a manager that jumped at the chance to bring in Bellamy without any consideration of whether he'd fit into the team and now we have a team wherein few players know what their roll is. His demotivational skills are legendary. So much so that even those who support him accept that the best way to success is to do nothing. Logic is something that does not visit Mr Jones often, if at all.

very eloquently put sir :lol: :lol: :lol: - well summarised sir :lol: :lol: :lol: I hope Mr. Tan is reading this

Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:27 am

This is all academic.

Jones will stay because the club cannot afford to get rid of him.

The time to get rid was when we lost 1-0 at Hillsborough or if not then when we lost 2-3 v Blackpool.

Unsure when Jones got his contract extension but that was another time to give consideration to axing him.

ps. I don't count the FA Cup run as that great an achievment. Chasetown, Hereford, Wolves, Barnsley - all in our division or lower; Boro away excepted but it was not exactly Chelsea at home or Liverpool away like Barnsley achieved. Then when given the opportunity to win the Cup against an average Pompey team he jettisoned our chances by leaving Ramsey & Thomson on he bench. :x

Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:19 am

SUPERB POST!!!!

Any one listening....????

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:30 am

Sven Ghali wrote:SUPERB POST!!!!

Any one listening....????

Sven , Yes I am, BUT DID WE WIN ANYTHING ?

Like people Say Sam has had his day and So has DJ, Time to Move on :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:45 am

Put your selfs in the mind of a player. You start with 4 4 2 and things are going ok when your striker gets injured. The manager has a master stroke, switch to 4 5 1 with two fast as f**k whippets (Bellamy and Burke) running rampant. It works a treat, the new star forward is being marked by a full back having the game of his life but his manager gets it all wrong, getting his team mates to double up on him. This just gives more space for Bothroyd and Burke to decimate the opposition as we go on to win 4-0. Works a treat, we beat a very good side 4-0 and we play some fantastic football. The players go away happy, the fans go away happy and the club sells even more shirts.

Next week

"right lads, we're playing 4 4 2 today..." :roll:

Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:00 am

dave Jones is not at Cardiff City for any other reason than to pick up his huge salary of £800,000 per year.
He has no respect for us city fans, he has even banned them from coming to us at the end of an away game to clap us for our tremendous support.

I could go on and on, and when you know the clown and watch his training sessions you realise this bloke is more than happy to be there or there abouts, he does not want promotion because he is afraid of losing!

Rant over - Jones out! and now.

:ayatollah: :oops: :x

Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:16 am

In all fairness he has turned around before when we were struggling a few years back, lets give him the chance to turn this around.

I do think a change is needed though

Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:27 am

you have a valid point,but do you not see,that actually we have won nothing,we have fallen at the final hurdle on every occasion,he has assembled this team at great expense,the highest wage bill in the league and your happy,just look at blackpool,thats how to do it,a manager that has passion and can motivate his team, :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:30 am

Steve Van Halen wrote:In all fairness he has turned around before when we were struggling a few years back, lets give him the chance to turn this around.

But he always bottles the big games. Just what did we give away at Preston the other season and we lost out on the playoffs by what????? ONE just ONE measly goal. He will get us nowhere and waste the owner's money at the same time. I'm dreading the thought of him having money in the transfer window. Who's he going to bring in? I hope the owners tell him NO to anyone with an injury record or someone who is still on crutches.
For every deacent player he's brought in Jones brings in two duds but it matters not how many excellent players he brings in as he manages to demotivate anyone who comes within listening distance. No one can say that Bellamy is more tha 1/3 the player we thought he'd be.

The man just goes through the motions of the responsibilities of a manager. He seemed to revel in the winter conditions of years past when we didn't have facilities and couldn't train. I will not renew my season ticket any more until he's gone. I don't expect victories for every game but I do expect a team that will entertain with skills. If he manages results I'll happily sit by and watch but not if he delivers so little. Why when we were playing so (relatively) well at the beginning of the season did he change things around?

Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:38 am

Gerry Hat Trick wrote:
Steve Van Halen wrote:In all fairness he has turned around before when we were struggling a few years back, lets give him the chance to turn this around.

But he always bottles the big games. Just what did we give away at Preston the other season and we lost out on the playoffs by what????? ONE just ONE measly goal. He will get us nowhere and waste the owner's money at the same time. I'm dreading the thought of him having money in the transfer window. Who's he going to bring in? I hope the owners tell him NO to anyone with an injury record or someone who is still on crutches.
For every deacent player he's brought in Jones brings in two duds but it matters not how many excellent players he brings in as he manages to demotivate anyone who comes within listening distance. No one can say that Bellamy is more tha 1/3 the player we thought he'd be.

The man just goes through the motions of the responsibilities of a manager. He seemed to revel in the winter conditions of years past when we didn't have facilities and couldn't train. I will not renew my season ticket any more until he's gone. I don't expect victories for every game but I do expect a team that will entertain with skills. If he manages results I'll happily sit by and watch but not if he delivers so little. Why when we were playing so (relatively) well at the beginning of the season did he change things around?

I hate this. We didnt miss out because of one goal, we missed out because of being unable to keep leads in games against Wolves away, Birmingham away, Reading away (the f*cking keeper scored for fucks sake) and being outhought against Reading at home when they were down to ten men. There were several other games but these spring to mind more than any other. One goal my arse.

I dont think Jones is the man to take us forward but it is a little harsh to fire someone when we are 3rd with a game in hand. I would like to see someone in charge who can motivate players and doesnt put the lazy tw*t whittingham in the middle of the park so that Olinfinjana has to do the work of two.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:28 pm

:lol: I just knew this would be made a sticky. Wonder why :o :lol:

In fairness Annis, I do admire your passion and the arguments you put across are damned hard to argue against. But then so, as far as I'm concerned, are mine!

I just believe that a little bit of perspective is needed from all sides in this argument.

Having said everything that I've said on the matter,in this thread and others, I will add this:

If we slip out of the play off positions at any point this season, Jones' position at the club will have become untenable,and I will be joining the current calls for him to leave.

Until then, we, the fans, MUST do our job and sing, shout, chant, bellow until hoarse in our support for the team we so obviously have such passion for.

And above all remember, no team has a God given right to be in the top flight. We all have to earn it.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:31 pm

DaveSheffield wrote::lol: I just knew this would be made a sticky. Wonder why :o :lol:

In fairness Annis, I do admire your passion and the arguments you put across are damned hard to argue against. But then so, as far as I'm concerned, are mine!

I just believe that a little bit of perspective is needed from all sides in this argument.

Having said everything that I've said on the matter,in this thread and others, I will add this:

If we slip out of the play off positions at any point this season, Jones' position at the club will have become untenable,and I will be joining the current calls for him to leave.

Until then, we, the fans, MUST do our job and sing, shout, chant, bellow until hoarse in our support for the team we so obviously have such passion for.
And above all remember, no team has a God given right to be in the top flight. We all have to earn it.

u a sucker for punishment??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:35 pm

What I don't understand is one of the Cases for wanting Wise as manager in another thread is he got Milwall to an FA Cup final but Jones getting to it is written off as luck and a game we should defiantly have won despite the other team having several players on 70k+ a year. People just don't like Jones because he isn't an arse locker bending over backwards to their whims. While I must admit I am no longer 100% behind Jones, mine is purely results based and not some personal vendetta, we could get into the champions league and people would moan if we didn't win it while Jones is incharge

Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:37 pm

ihatealiens wrote:u a sucker for punishment??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm a Cardiff City supporter... think that answers your question!!! :lol:

Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:38 pm

I wouldnt have Dennis Wise manage our kit. Got Millwall relegated, got leeds relegated, got fired at Newcastle before they got relegated. Great record

Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:16 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:u a sucker for punishment??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm a Cardiff City supporter... think that answers your question!!! :lol:

Yes all Cardiff City fans must have been a bad bunch of bastards in a previous life, punished for our sins :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:21 pm

JONES IS MANAGER

AND WE NEED TO SUPPORT HIM UNTIL THE CLUB EITHER SACKS HIM , HE RESIGNS OR HE MOVES ON

ITS AS SIMPLE AS THAT

Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:39 pm

The worst argument of all is we as Cardiff fans have too high expectations. That is absolute a load of cobblers because if you don't have high expectations then how do you ever expect to achieve anything?

For example were Wigan fans wrong to want to be an established Premier League team when they were in non-league? What about Blackpool last season, a team which had relegation clauses written into their players contracts?

Finally when we went to the FA Cup Final in 2008, did we as fans go there to lose?

Of course not and as a Cardiff fan nothing is beyond my expectations and nor should it be.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:23 pm

if hes anti welsh i dont mind cause welsh football is shocking :lol: :lol: exept for 3/4 players
Dave Jones has won promotion before with wolves (with old injury prone players)
what have the likes of Darren Ferguson (got a job just cause of his daddy)Neil Warnock(miserable tw*t),Ian Holloway (funniest man alive :lol: ),Alan Curbishley(nobody wants him in last 2years)
Naylor/Keogh/Kennedy/Cooper can all do a job they ask as they weren't are match winners
Rant over :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Answering Dave From Sheffield as well.

and
Back of the Net wrote:I agree Dave, some people would rather see someone like Darren Ferguson as manaager; who despite having his fathers cast offs, is hardly setting the world alight. Football isn't a personality contest, it's about winning games, and sometimes people forget how bad the football was to watch in the 3rd & 4th Divisions.

SO DO YOU KEEP A MANAGER WHO NEVER GETS OVER THE FINISH LINE, GO TO WEMBLEY 50 TIMES, BUT WHAT DOES DAVE JONES WIN ?

Why Does Dave Jones bother because of the abuse he gets ? Dave Jones brings the abuse to himself, He does himself NO FAVOURS, But Why Does he Bother ? " MONEY " .

Its Not just about This last few weeks IS IT ?
And as you know, Yes I Rate Darren Ferguson amongst many others Ive said on here before, like Neil Warnock,Ian Holloway,Alan Curbishley etc etc

Its Getting a bit Boring Now, But here is just a Few Reasons Why I Dont Rate Dave Jones (Yawn)

Hers just a Few of MY REASONS, YOURS PLEASE SIR JONES

Having the Biggest Wage out side The Premiership.
Having Spent more money on Transfers and WAGES IN THE HISTORY OF CARDIFF CITY.
No Respect for Our Fans.
Claims Our Club HAS NO HISTORY.
Great Managers Win Trophies/Titles and Promotions, Jones is yet to Win One.
Cant be Bothered With Our player of the year Do(First time in 25 years had to be cancelled), Childrens Xmas do etc etc.
Anti Welsh.
Anti Welsh Youngsters coming through.
Brings injury prone players on old pals act or Donkeys Like Naylor/Keogh/Kennedy/Cooper etc
Over paid players like Eddie Johnson/Fowler/Hasslebank/Hudson/Sinclair/Koumas even My Mate Warren Feeney was Stunned by his Wage.
His type of striker is Eddie Johnson, £20,000 a week for a Season.

" IN 112 GAMES, WHEN WE ARE 1 NIL DOWN DAVE JONES IN NEARLY 6 YEARS HAS NOW COME BACK TO WIN APPROX 9 GAMES,WORST RECORD IN HISTORY FOR A LEAGUE MANAGER. " :evil:

Just a FEW OF MY REASONS WHY I FEEL HE SHOULD NOT BE OUR MANAGER or BE APPRECIATED, Just MY OPINION WITH FACTS TO BACK IT UP.

Could`nt agree more annis its time for jones to feck off :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:32 pm

I do now fear that we're now starting to see the upper limits of Dave Jones' managerial ability. Overall to this point I think he's done very well considering the financial problems and the best players having to be sold from underneath him. I'll also always thank him for the turnaround in our fortunes against my own personal rivals, the Wurzles. That 6-0 and 3-0 last season are two of my best City memories.

It's a tricky situation though. To get rid or to keep, are both complete gambles as none of us know the future. We're still in a very good position remember, so my view is that stability wins over turning the place upside down. If he genuinely is at the Charlton away situation of a few years back, then so be it and let's hope he comes out fighting, as this means good news for all of us.

Should he manage us to promotion this season, then fantastic, but I'd fear for his longevity in the Prem. He really doesn't have the oomph needed to keep a newly promoted side up IMHO. I'm obviously thinking Holloway and Pulis here.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:35 pm

DaveSheffield wrote::lol: I just knew this would be made a sticky. Wonder why :o :lol:

YOUR RIGHT Dave, LETS GET BEHIND CARDIFF CITY THIS XMAS and NEW YEAR :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

YOUR RIGHT Dave, LETS GET BEHIND CARDIFF CITY THIS XMAS and NEW YEAR :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: