Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " What was the point in going to Wembley three times? "

Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
DaveSheffield wrote::lol: I just knew this would be made a sticky. Wonder why :o :lol:

In fairness Annis, I do admire your passion and the arguments you put across are damned hard to argue against. But then so, as far as I'm concerned, are mine!

I just believe that a little bit of perspective is needed from all sides in this argument.

Having said everything that I've said on the matter,in this thread and others, I will add this:

If we slip out of the play off positions at any point this season, Jones' position at the club will have become untenable,and I will be joining the current calls for him to leave.

Until then, we, the fans, MUST do our job and sing, shout, chant, bellow until hoarse in our support for the team we so obviously have such passion for.

YOUR RIGHT Dave, LETS GET BEHIND CARDIFF CITY THIS XMAS and NEW YEAR :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

And above all remember, no team has a God given right to be in the top flight. We all have to earn it.

YOUR RIGHT Dave, LETS GET BEHIND CARDIFF CITY THIS XMAS and NEW YEAR :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

we will annis,if we can raise an atmosphere but also the team need to turn up and support us :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:18 pm

krab wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
DaveSheffield wrote::lol: I just knew this would be made a sticky. Wonder why :o :lol:

In fairness Annis, I do admire your passion and the arguments you put across are damned hard to argue against. But then so, as far as I'm concerned, are mine!

I just believe that a little bit of perspective is needed from all sides in this argument.

Having said everything that I've said on the matter,in this thread and others, I will add this:

If we slip out of the play off positions at any point this season, Jones' position at the club will have become untenable,and I will be joining the current calls for him to leave.

Until then, we, the fans, MUST do our job and sing, shout, chant, bellow until hoarse in our support for the team we so obviously have such passion for.

And above all remember, no team has a God given right to be in the top flight. We all have to earn it.

we will annis,if we can raise an atmosphere but also the team need to turn up and support us :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Kevin, I agree it works both ways :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Until then, we, the fans, MUST do our job and sing, shout, chant, bellow until hoarse in our support for the team we so obviously have such passion for
YOUR RIGHT Dave, LETS GET BEHIND CARDIFF CITY THIS XMAS and NEW YEAR :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah

Great post Dave.lets give DJ some support on boxing day.
Annis your right LET'S ALL GET BEHIND THEM AND SUPPORT THE BOYS

:ayatollah:

Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:32 pm

What I don't understand is why is it always the manager's fault? We have several players who have the skill to turn a game yet we rarely see a flash of inspiration from them when we really need it. Perhaps that is what football has come to these days but surely Bellamy should be pullng something special out of the hat every other game at least, same with Chops, Burke and Whits, even if it is a defence splitting pass now and again.

The defence you can blame on the manager as he has stubbbornly refused to even acknowledge that they are crap.

Style of lay - why do they play the way they do, are they too scared of Jones to do anything different. We've got Chops and Bellamy, if Jay is not playing why don't we put them two up front, draw their defence out then play passes through the defencce all day, those two are both rapid and would scare the life out of defences. gain, without Jay we could also use Burke and Bellamy to get behind the defence as often as possible, cross it for Keogh, who let's face it is OK in he air, and let Chops live off the scraps. If Jones went let them do it why don't they mix it up a bit themselves and try things?

Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:12 pm

can dave jones change the course of a game? as we get higher up he wil have too, i dont think he can to be honest. For this reason alone i think we might aswell get a new manager. It will happen at some point in the next 2 years so why not now?
We hardly have a track record of success do we? we have had a huge wage bill for the last few years and its not reflected in our league position. I dont think stoke and wolves had big wage bills did they? the manager is key.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:14 pm

JayCee wrote:What I don't understand is why is it always the manager's fault? We have several players who have the skill to turn a game yet we rarely see a flash of inspiration from them when we really need it. Perhaps that is what football has come to these days but surely Bellamy should be pullng something special out of the hat every other game at least, same with Chops, Burke and Whits, even if it is a defence splitting pass now and again.

The defence you can blame on the manager as he has stubbbornly refused to even acknowledge that they are crap.

Style of lay - why do they play the way they do, are they too scared of Jones to do anything different. We've got Chops and Bellamy, if Jay is not playing why don't we put them two up front, draw their defence out then play passes through the defencce all day, those two are both rapid and would scare the life out of defences. gain, without Jay we could also use Burke and Bellamy to get behind the defence as often as possible, cross it for Keogh, who let's face it is OK in he air, and let Chops live off the scraps. If Jones went let them do it why don't they mix it up a bit themselves and try things?

because jones cant change the game...whitts we should have sold last summer as he was never reproduce like he did for his new contract last season was he?

Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:36 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:The worst argument of all is we as Cardiff fans have too high expectations. That is absolute a load of cobblers because if you don't have high expectations then how do you ever expect to achieve anything?

For example were Wigan fans wrong to want to be an established Premier League team when they were in non-league? What about Blackpool last season, a team which had relegation clauses written into their players contracts?

Finally when we went to the FA Cup Final in 2008, did we as fans go there to lose?

Of course not and as a Cardiff fan nothing is beyond my expectations and nor should it be.

So what I wonder is Jonesy's expectations? we reached the play off final last season and as you strive to improve each season
promotion through the play off's is surely the minimum we should be achieving come May?

Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:50 am

CF64 BLUE wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:The worst argument of all is we as Cardiff fans have too high expectations. That is absolute a load of cobblers because if you don't have high expectations then how do you ever expect to achieve anything?

For example were Wigan fans wrong to want to be an established Premier League team when they were in non-league? What about Blackpool last season, a team which had relegation clauses written into their players contracts?

Finally when we went to the FA Cup Final in 2008, did we as fans go there to lose?

Of course not and as a Cardiff fan nothing is beyond my expectations and nor should it be.

So what I wonder is Jonesy's expectations? we reached the play off final last season and as you strive to improve each season
promotion through the play off's is surely the minimum we should be achieving come May?

Exactly but it is hard to see us doing that on current form.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:08 am

In answer to the title of this thread...

because I had an absolute ball...

Particularly the first time...

Mind you, I had a fantastic day when we lost 3-0 away to Maidstone Utd too so???? :?

Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:51 am

Danny Says wrote:This is all academic.

Jones will stay because the club cannot afford to get rid of him.

The time to get rid was when we lost 1-0 at Hillsborough or if not then when we lost 2-3 v Blackpool.

Unsure when Jones got his contract extension but that was another time to give consideration to axing him.

ps. I don't count the FA Cup run as that great an achievment. Chasetown, Hereford, Wolves, Barnsley - all in our division or lower; Boro away excepted but it was not exactly Chelsea at home or Liverpool away like Barnsley achieved. Then when given the opportunity to win the Cup against an average Pompey team he jettisoned our chances by leaving Ramsey & Thomson on he bench. :x

100 % .... and Fowler

Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:52 am

I'd just he's a cnut

Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:25 pm

ENJOYED THE DEBATE Dave :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: