Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

JAMES VAUGHAN OR CHOPRA? OR BOTH

Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:41 am

say we bid for vaughan got him for 500.000 and then some one came in for chops for 3 or 2.5 mil.

which one of them would you have? or would try and have both?

dj prob fallen out of him but who hasn't dj fallen out with. would chops fit in anywhere else? he went to prem failed could he cut with any other prem side or does it have to cardiff city?

want my opinion if we could manage i would get vaughan and keep chops.

Re: JAMES VAUGHAN OR CHOPRA? OR BOTH

Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:46 am

bluebirds23 wrote:say we bid for vaughan got him for 500.000 and then some one came in for chops for 3 or 2.5 mil.

dj prob fallen out of him but who hasn't dj fallen out with. would chops fit in anywhere else? he went to prem failed could he cut with any other prem side or does it have to cardiff city?

I Dont think We need another player similar to Chops, We just Need Chops starting games :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:48 am

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:say we bid for vaughan got him for 500.000 and then some one came in for chops for 3 or 2.5 mil.

I Dont think We need another player similar to Chops, We just Need Chops starting games :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

but yet people don't no about vaughan he plays alot on his own up front, he was used as target man at Leicester when howard was out. :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:49 am

bluebirds23 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

but yet people don't no about vaughan he plays alot on his own up front, he was used as target man at Leicester when howard was out. :ayatollah:

Rob, Dont get me wrong I would not Say No to him Signing for US :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:51 am

I'd take Vaughan if we actually sell Chopra. Def no for swap deal

Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:52 am

nore me i think he cracking player pace power good touch and can finish if we could get him for 500.000 what bargain :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:37 am

If we got Vaughan for £500,000 and sold Chops for £4 million thats a good bit of business. You could probably go out and get Roman Bednar as back up to Bothroyd and Wheater and Jonas Olsson with the change to shore up the defence. Then if the Malaysians dig deep and sign Gary O'Neill and possibly Howard for plan B (Route 1 at the end of the game if we need a battering ram to get a goal)) :lol: happy days innit :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:39 am

chopra, and not on the bench.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:41 am

ihatealiens wrote:If we got Vaughan for £500,000 and sold Chops for £4 million thats a good bit of business. You could probably go out and get Roman Bednar as back up to Bothroyd and Wheater and Jonas Olsson with the change to shore up the defence. Then if the Malaysians dig deep and sign Gary O'Neill and possibly Howard for plan B (Route 1 at the end of the game if we need a battering ram to get a goal)) :lol: happy days innit :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: someone thought this threw haha :lol: :lol:

Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:55 am

bluebirds23 wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:If we got Vaughan for £500,000 and sold Chops for £4 million thats a good bit of business. You could probably go out and get Roman Bednar as back up to Bothroyd and Wheater and Jonas Olsson with the change to shore up the defence. Then if the Malaysians dig deep and sign Gary O'Neill and possibly Howard for plan B (Route 1 at the end of the game if we need a battering ram to get a goal)) :lol: happy days innit :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: someone thought this threw haha :lol: :lol:

Don't take a rocket scientist to work it out. all us fans know what to do. Common sense isn't one of Dave Jones finest attributes though :lol: :lol: :lol: Would love to see his list :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:28 pm

Guy's told you before chopra is critical to our promotion push, Is movement is head and shoulders above anyone in this division, just wish Dave Jones could see it

Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:31 pm

I hate this, someone has a few games off form or is left out a few games and all of a sudden people dont rate him.

Chopra is quality and I agree with Annis in that he must be starting especially in the home games

Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:58 pm

Michael Chopra is one of the few players we have that we know
DOES NOT choke on the big occasion. As has been said he is
our only 'natural' finisher. If Jones has fucked his head up too
then I give up. Chopra's whole game is to play one side, then the
other of the Centre Backs, hang off their shoulder then pounce
on the through ball. Dave the brain Jones saw a few of his goals
where he came in from out wide and thought 'f**k me he can do
the business from out there'...

Wrong Dafydd...

He will run that along that back line all day until somebody drops
concentration then he's in. Sometimes from between the full back
and centre half.

Playing out wide he has a defender with a specific task to mark
his forward runs, then at least one centre-half or midfielder to
cover the full-back.

Thats why wingers are generally skilful or very fast players DAVE,
cos they often have to take at least two players on.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:01 pm

How many times has DJ played Chops and how many of them have been wide? :roll: 1% maybe?

Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:09 pm

I think people need to wake up and start realizing Chopra Is not the player he was! His lifestyle and attitude is ruining him as a player and he's miles overweight!! His touch is abysmal as is his passing and one on one finishing! If you look at the stats his goals to games ratio in the last year is dreadful, if anyone was stupid enough to offer us £4m for him I'd snap their hands off as with that money we could get 2-3 top quality players in!! As for Vaughan I like him but think we already have enough injury prone players, wouldn't be gutted if he came but big risk!

Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:14 pm

BOTH BOTH BOTH BOTH :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: