Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" WILL QPR STAY IN THE TOP 2 ? "

Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:51 am

" WILL QPR STAY IN THE TOP 2 ? "

Personally I Believe they will, They have an Excellent Squad like Us and A Managers Who Will Cope with the Pressure, But Only Time will tell.

Re: " WILL QPR STAY IN THE TOP 2 ? "

Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:53 am

Forever Blue wrote:" WILL QPR STAY IN THE TOP 2 ? "

Personally I Believe they will, They have an Excellent Squad like Us and A Managers Who Will Cope with the Pressure, But Only Time will tell.

yes without a doubt i think leeds will to so it up to us to put pressure on them IF AND WHEN they slip up. that my opinion tho.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:55 am

bluebirds23 wrote:

yes without a doubt i think leeds will to so it up to us to put pressure on them IF AND WHEN they slip up. that my opinion tho.

Rob, I can See about 6 teams all going for the Top 2 places, Not like last Season.
We had Our Chance to Leave the Rest Behind, Now Weve just got to Keep up with everyone else and put pressure on Leeds and QPR :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:56 am

Yes, I reckon that they will.

Love or hate him Warnock knows how to operate at this level and with what appears to be a significant war chest available ,come the January transfer window, they look well set.

IMHO it would take a significant change of fortune for them to blow automatic promotion.

Frankly, it the title for them with the rest of us chasing the runners up spot.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:57 am

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:

Rob, I can See about 6 teams all going for the Top 2 places, Not like last Season.
We had Our Chance to Leave the Rest Behind, Now Weve just got to Keep up with everyone else and put pressure on Leeds and QPR :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

forgive me for saying this, i looking forward to it some of the game should be fantastic :ayatollah: :ayatollah: as i would like to say THE REAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE :) :lol:

Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:00 am

Majorblue wrote:Yes, I reckon that they will.

Love or hate him Warnock knows how to operate at this level and with what appears to be a significant war chest available ,come the January transfer window, they look well set.

IMHO it would take a significant change of fortune for them to blow automatic promotion.

Frankly, it the title for them with the rest of us chasing the runners up spot.

I have a lot of Faith in Warnock and He will put them back on track.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:02 am

NO :lol: they may scrape a play-off place

Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:05 am

I spoke with a QPR fan a few weeks ago and he was anxious that the bubble may burst and they go downhill after Christmas. (His opinion, I was eating humble pie after our defeat so was all ears) and that was during there unbeaten run! At least he didnt take for granted that this league is an easy ride with recent results for them proving that. I say anything can happen a few injuries and they could be in trouble I'm more worried about who else can claim a top two spot :!:

Confidence will be key for them as soon as you start losing that your ****'ed. Like us :oops:

Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:37 am

Personally, I think QPR CAN do it but I worry about their reliance of two or three players (Tarrabt being the obvious one) just like we seem to currently relay on Jay....

Like Annis, I'm a Warnock admirer....often chuckling at his on-screen antics; 99% of which are 'tongue-in-cheek and designed to unsettle the opposition (and it works too!!)

Still have an certain anger at the 'Battle of Brammall' a couple of years ago, where he sent his players out to kick City off the park (remember the Roger Johnson broken jaw incident??) but I have to say I'd have him as my team's manager....

That last bit says it all really....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:46 am

Sven Ghali wrote:Personally, I think QPR CAN do it but I worry about their reliance of two or three players (Tarrabt being the obvious one) just like we seem to currently relay on Jay....

Like Annis, I'm a Warnock admirer....often chuckling at his on-screen antics; 99% of which are 'tongue-in-cheek and designed to unsettle the opposition (and it works too!!)

Still have an certain anger at the 'Battle of Brammall' a couple of years ago, where he sent his players out to kick City off the park (remember the Roger Johnson broken jaw incident??) but I have to say I'd have him as my team's manager....

That last bit says it all really....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sven, I Love that Type of Passion in a Manager :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:54 pm

Personally i think we will stay at the top of the league but it won't be easy we have already signed two players on free transfers
their names:Petter Vagen Moen who had scored 15 goals in the norwegian premier league and the past season
and georgias tofas who is a young cypriot who is apparently quite good
I hear there will be a striker coming early in jan and we cintinue to be linked with Fat boy michael chopra,jason roberts and charlie austin i would prefer one of the first two and i think warnock would be able to handle chopra and get him to lose some weight jason roberts is a rangers lad through and through but he wants high wages that would haveto be sorted
so yeah i think we will with the right signings in january :) :D :) :ayatollah: :lol:

Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:50 pm

I'm not gonna lie I'm slightly worried.

If I was totally honest I would say we have been rather lucky this season so far with regards to last minute goals at Palace, 2 at Derby, Pompey, Bristol City & of course the Jay Bothroyd penalty shout at LR. But then others will say you need that luck to go up so who knows.

We have played awful the last 2 games & have looked a shadow of our previous selves over the last 20 odd games.

What I will say is though I do believe we have the best manager in the division who will not let a rot set in & who will be backed financially in January if & when funds are required. A bit like yourselves this transfer window is massive.

We have very tough games coming up so if we are still in the top 2 come January I will be one happy bunny.

In short to you're question-Yes.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:01 pm

the next three games are hard ,think they will fade away after xmas and us if we dont buy quality.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:54 pm

I think if any team is going to fall by the wayside, it will be Leeds. They concede far too many really

Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:33 pm

said from the start that i dont think they will..too much interference from above with the playing side, and i really cant see Warnock lasting the season.
I think Forest and us could go up automatically, would like it to be us and Norwich-going to be a fab season

Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:34 pm

langley wrote:said from the start that i dont think they will..too much interference from above with the playing side, and i really cant see Warnock lasting the season.
I think Forest and us could go up automatically, would like it to be us and Norwich-going to be a fab season

I Think Forest will come in strong come THE NEW YEAR.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:47 pm

I dont think they will for some reason, said that after we played them.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:54 pm

top 6 in no order leeds/city/norwich/forrest/QPR/derby and if we[leeds] avoid the annual after xmas slump like last yr i fancy us to be in the top 2 but that's a very big IF!..TIME AND INJURIES WILL TELL...

Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:59 pm

andy 189 wrote:top 6 in no order leeds/city/norwich/forrest/QPR/derby and if we[leeds] avoid the annual after xmas slump like last yr i fancy us to be in the top 2 but that's a very big IF!..TIME AND INJURIES WILL TELL...

Andy, How Do you Honestly Believe Leeds Will end up ?

Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
andy 189 wrote:top 6 in no order leeds/city/norwich/forrest/QPR/derby and if we[leeds] avoid the annual after xmas slump like last yr i fancy us to be in the top 2 but that's a very big IF!..TIME AND INJURIES WILL TELL...

ANNIS TBH my heart is saying yup we're for a good crack at it at the moment that is! but my head is saying hang on a mo cos in jan/feb we have what i think matches that will define our season just like you lads think most prob,tbh annis we've just back to a full strengh squad and all players inc ross MCcormac are fighting for places which is good for any team not just leeds. i think without a shadow of a doubt the game V you in jan could make or break our season i cannot take another battering off you and worse this time cos i'll be there watching arghhhh but i'll take it like a man accept the bragging rights on the chin and sneak off quietly lol..

Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:07 pm

andy 189 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

ANNIS TBH my heart is saying yup we're for a good crack at it at the moment that is! but my head is saying hang on a mo cos in jan/feb we have what i think matches that will define our season just like you lads think most prob,tbh annis we've just back to a full strengh squad and all players inc ross MCcormac are fighting for places which is good for any team not just leeds. i think without a shadow of a doubt the game V you in jan could make or break our season i cannot take another battering off you and worse this time cos i'll be there watching arghhhh but i'll take it like a man accept the bragging rights on the chin and sneak off quietly lol..

:lol:

I Like Honesty, Ross will come good, you dont go from 20 odd goals in the Championship to being Shit, DJ Turned on him, If Ross is Given Encouragement he will do Well and Leeds.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:18 pm

ANNIS TBH my heart is saying yup we're for a good crack at it at the moment that is! but my head is saying hang on a mo cos in jan/feb we have what i think matches that will define our season just like you lads think most prob,tbh annis we've just back to a full strengh squad and all players inc ross MCcormac are fighting for places which is good for any team not just leeds. i think without a shadow of a doubt the game V you in jan could make or break our season i cannot take another battering off you and worse this time cos i'll be there watching arghhhh but i'll take it like a man accept the bragging rights on the chin and sneak off quietly lol..[/quote]
:lol:

I Like Honesty, Ross will come good, you dont go from 20 odd goals in the Championship to being Shit, DJ Turned on him, If Ross is Given Encouragement he will do Well and Leeds.[/quote]

all thats keepng him out is the form of other players becchio gradel etc he'll get his chance cos he's played well in the reserves so far!

Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:48 pm

QPR should finnish 2nd! behind CARDIFF! i hope swansea go up through the playoffs because there a welsh club!

Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:10 pm

LEEDS 2 ROCHDALE 0 behind closed doors friendly today.mccormack got 2 goals.parker played 90 mins as did morrison,the guy on trial.report FROM LUFC O/S...THE GUYS COMING INTO FORM,,

Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:27 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:QPR should finnish 2nd! behind CARDIFF! i hope swansea go up through the playoffs because there a welsh club!

f**k swansea

Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:52 pm

id rather a welsh club come up with cardiff than an english club even though they act like the little punchy brother lol the south wales derby would become huge and be great for wales :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:01 pm

i said on many occasions, that qpr will be in the play-offs and i still think that,