Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Vince Cable resigns

Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:18 pm

To left wing for me and far to soft we need some hard liners in power and sort these Muslims out. :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:46 pm

Link? There is nothing on bbc, sky, ITN.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:29 pm

He hasn't resigned only on about the Telegraph entrapment re comment on Rupert Murdoch !

Has just announced he is def not resigning from cabinet !

Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:46 pm

Nope, he has stayed on as Business Secretary. All powers taken away though :lol:

Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:49 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12053656 :(

Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:10 pm

He sums them all up,their all two faced bastards,we cant trust any of them.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:12 pm

Midfield general wrote:The Lib Dems are a waste of space

TOTAL WASTE OF SPACE.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:15 pm

Dear dear dear a rocky coalition. The beginning of the end another election in the offing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:13 pm

ummmmmmmmmmmmm forgive me if i'm not mistaken but The Telegraph is a so called "Murdoch" paper?
Set up springs to mind but he's been clueless here!
The Tories being underhand again me wonders...................................

Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:28 pm

dougblue wrote:ummmmmmmmmmmmm forgive me if i'm not mistaken but The Telegraph is a so called "Murdoch" paper?

telegraph is not a murdock newspaper

Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:55 pm

ihatealiens wrote:Dear dear dear a rocky coalition. The beginning of the end another election in the offing :lol: :lol: :lol:

There are short odds on an election in 2011 and according to the polls Labour would win outright. Interesting year ahead.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Midfield general wrote:The Lib Dems are a waste of space

TOTAL WASTE OF SPACE.

I voted for the Lib Dems but that was mainly down to an anti-vote against our useless sitting Labour MP. Also I was honestly impressed by Nick Clegg in the TV debates, but now I realise I made a huge mistake and regret voting for them because they are a complete waste of space.

I would also add that David Cameron has also come up short and his gutless decision not to repeal the Human Rights Act will cost him dearly.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:59 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:Dear dear dear a rocky coalition. The beginning of the end another election in the offing :lol: :lol: :lol:

There are short odds on an election in 2011 and according to the polls Labour would win outright. Interesting year ahead.

Inevitable really wasn't it. Vince Cable will probably resign now and he will be a loose cannon. He is a very influential politician in the Liberal Party and I suspect a few heads may very well be turned. A year of discontent first methinks. It's started already with the students. The cuts won't bite until the New year then look out!!! I think the coalition will collapse but the Tories may try to go it alone as a minority government for a while but I don't think it will last :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:09 pm

coppler wrote:
dougblue wrote:ummmmmmmmmmmmm forgive me if i'm not mistaken but The Telegraph is a so called "Murdoch" paper?

telegraph is not a murdock newspaper

Correct I had mistaken it for the Times - still a nice Tory tuck up

Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:13 pm

ihatealiens wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Inevitable really wasn't it. Vince Cable will probably resign now and he will be a loose cannon. He is a very influential politician in the Liberal Party and I suspect a few heads may very well be turned. A year of discontent first methinks. It's started already with the students. The cuts won't bite until the New year then look out!!! I think the coalition will collapse but the Tories may try to go it alone as a minority government for a while but I don't think it will last :lol: :lol: :lol:

I voted for the Lib Dems to stop the Tories getting in here in Cheltenham, and it work. Then they jump in bed with them. Things are slowly starting to unravel.I can't see the Con-Dems going further than a year, especially with all the fll ou in the New Year.
Shame is I don't believe Labour offer a viable alternative, yet.....................
Do Plaid Cymru do over the border candidates?

Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:14 pm

General Election next summer. It will either be a hung parliament again or a close Labour victory.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:17 pm

I think it was a brill plan by Labour. f**k up the last election i.e Leave Brown in charge, sure to lose. Tories get in by default and they bring in all the cuts and get soundly beaten in an early general election for being evil bastards who only look after the rich :lol: :lol:

Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:18 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:General Election next summer. It will either be a hung parliament again or a close Labour victory.

If it goes as far as next summer the cuts will be in full swing and I think labour will win easily due to mass disscontent in the country.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:25 pm

ihatealiens wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:General Election next summer. It will either be a hung parliament again or a close Labour victory.

If it goes as far as next summer the cuts will be in full swing and I think labour will win easily due to mass disscontent in the country.

I think the earliest it will be is the summer. This is because if its any earlier the Liberals will be wiped of the political map due to the, back tracking on student fees. Their best hope on keeping soem of their seats is to see these cuts through with the hope they will produce results.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:27 pm

ihatealiens wrote:

Pretty much what I said at the time. Yet so many people thought this was for the best. Problem is, once again, the damage will be done.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:38 pm

Funnily enough Public Sector Borrowing has surged under the Tories - oops :lol: A year ago it was £16.7 Billion under labour for November 2009 yet under the Tories hit £23.3 Billion this November - excluding bailing out the banks - the highest for any month since the Office for National Statistics (ONS) began its records in 1993. The November figures pretty much wipe out all of the 2010/11 reduction in borrowing in one fell swoop. To top it all the pound has today taken a bollocking as well. Wonderful these Tories eh? Theres an old football song - how does it go? YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:53 pm

ihatealiens wrote:Funnily enough Public Sector Borrowing has surged under the Tories - oops :lol: A year ago it was £16.7 Billion under labour for November 2009 yet under the Tories hit £23.3 Billion this November - excluding bailing out the banks - the highest for any month since the Office for National Statistics (ONS) began its records in 1993. The November figures pretty much wipe out all of the 2010/11 reduction in borrowing in one fell swoop. To top it all the pound has today taken a bollocking as well. Wonderful these Tories eh? Theres an old football song - how does it go? YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

This sort of ties in with your observations above about Labour having a brilliant plan. The one stick the Tories had to beat Labour with was their high levels of borrowing. Now the Tories are borrowing more than Labour ever did so that they can keep their promise to ring fence NHS spending, a pledge that Labour ironically never made.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:54 pm

Yes shoot and foot comes to mind :lol: :lol: :lol: