Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

As CCFC fans have we ever had it so good?

Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:26 pm

20 years ago we were playing the likes of Wycombe Wanderers, Bristol Rovers and Carlisle with little success in front of crowds of 3 or 4 thousand in a run down craphole (I loved Ninian by the way). Our only hopes of success were fa cup or league cup runs to round 3.

Every time we had a half decent player they'd be sold to a bigger club like Notts County or Portsmouth (oh the irony). The top flight was a pipe dream to the hardcore and i only had my Grandad and my dads stories of us in the top flight plus the we sold Toshack and it cost us.....

Managers would come and go-the decent ones like Ashurst (1st Spell) and Burrows (1st spell) buggered off at the 1st opportunity whilst the likes of Durban, Neal, Hibbit screwed up

Now we are in a brand new stadium with 18000 season ticket holders we are 3rd in the league with a great squad of players and a great chance of promotion. Wembley is like a 2nd home and we have the backing of a mega rich chairman.

Regarding our manager i really dont know. One minute we play brilliant football and can murder any one in the league (leeds away) then the following week we play the gypos and play shit.

A few years ago i was calling for DJs head after a poor start to the league campaign in 2007-08. He then pulls the rabbit out of the hat and we end in an FA Cup final-CCFC in the FA Cup final! f*cking Awesome.

Over the past few weeks i have not been his number 1 fan-c'mon DJ prove yr worth now and get us to the holy grail. We need 3 players in January-a left back as competition for Naylor, a quick centre back to play alongside Hudson or Blake and acentral midfielder who can get into the box.

We have 5 months left of what could be the greatest ever season since 1927.

Lets back the team, the board and the manager.

DAVEY JONES BARMY ARMY

Re: As CCFC fans have we ever had it so good?

Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:31 pm

Top post!

Got goose bumps now :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:31 pm

thats all we all want is for him to proove his worth,but sadly time is ebbing away,we need to get back to winning ways,however we achieve this i dont know but we must :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:34 pm

If we accept this is the best we have ever had it as fans (well in our life time) I still don't understand why it's wrong to want to get even better?

There is no sentiment in football and DJ would dump us at a stroke if something better came along his way. In my eyes that's fair enough but it also works the other way, if he hits his glass ceiling again then its time to make a change so that we can progress before its too late.

In the meantime I will support him and the team during matches 100% but I won't be afraid to call for his removal after the game has finished if he continues to f**k up