Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Man City suffer like City

Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:20 pm

I watched the Man City Everton match this week and it reminded me of Cardiff's problems.
Despite having 87% of possession on first half they went 2 goals down.
They had bags of talent on display but Everton set out their stall to contain them and hit them on the break.
It showed me how difficult it is for a very good team against an average/poor team when the latter sets out to simply contain.
I even thought that the effort put in by Tevez was just like Bellamy.
We are in for a tough ride guys.

Re: Man City suffer like City

Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:40 pm

It was their attitude that was lacking more than anything early on. They looked like they couldn't be bothered. To come back from two goals down is tough, but Everton are good defensively so they were always going to be up against it. On another day though they could have won it.
We just have to make sure we attack teams from the off from now until the rest of the season and just be patient if things don't go well straight away.

Easier said than done though I know.....

Re: Man City suffer like City

Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:43 pm

loadsa51 wrote:I watched the Man City Everton match this week and it reminded me of Cardiff's problems.
Despite having 87% of possession on first half they went 2 goals down.
They had bags of talent on display but Everton set out their stall to contain them and hit them on the break.
It showed me how difficult it is for a very good team against an average/poor team when the latter sets out to simply contain.
I even thought that the effort put in by Tevez was just like Bellamy.
We are in for a tough ride guys.

If it's a good tactic why doesn't DJ consider it, both you and I know he wont change.