Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " DAVE JONES WILL GET BACKING IN JANUARY "

Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:48 pm

If the malaysians are going to back him then give him the money early in the transfer window because the sooner we get these players in the better and the sooner they will gel into the team.

Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:49 pm

ihatealiens wrote:I hope your right mate. They have enough time to put things right and there is definitely loads of quality there we just need to get some new players into the club in key positions to be able to push on come January. I think a bigger overall squad will be vital in the hard winter months. We know only too well to our own cost that unless you have a large enough squad with quality results will suffer. Increase the size of our squad by 5 players in the right positions and I agree with you - we will get promoted

YES VT is FULLY BACKING DJ in JANUARY, WE CANT FAIL :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

" ONWARDS and UPWARDS "

Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:14 pm

Jones being given money does not fill me with optimism. He blew it with
Koumas, blew it with Keough, blew it with Naylor....

We desperately need TWO Centre Halves, but I fear he still has his blind
spot with Hudson.

We shall see.

Cross fingers time

Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Well if Carl is correct and I have no doubt he is then Two of the main players on Dave Jones list are Adam Hammil and Wayne Routledge. Do we really need 2 more wingers? If we really are going to sign these 2 players that indicates to me that players may be leaving and Burke could be one of them. Birmingham are looking at Burkey aint they? They could get him on the cheap. It seems to me there is going to be a bit of juggling with the squad come January and no real increase in the size of the squad which is what I was really hoping for.

Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:05 pm

I will have a pint of whatever Annis is on please!
Please be right.

Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" DAVE JONES WILL GET BACKING IN JANUARY "

So With THE BEST EVER SQUAD IN CITY's Last 40 years, DJ's Words and ex players/ Mine/other City fans as well and DJ Being able to DEF ADD TO THE SQUAD in January, THERES NO STOPPING US NOW, WE CANT FAIL.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY BLUEBIRDS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

" ONWARDS and UPWARDS " :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

so,i assume D.J is here to the end of season :( ,well if we get the squad and dont get promotion,can we tie D.J to a stake and burn him :D :D :D :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:57 pm

This is exciting news.

The recent form has been of concern. Games seem to turn on one or two incidents. It is a poor league.

We certainly need to tighten up defensively. We need to get past this difficult period.

Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:51 pm

So With THE BEST EVER SQUAD IN CITY's Last 40 years, DJ's Words and ex players/ Mine/other City fans as well and DJ Being able to DEF ADD TO THE SQUAD in January, THERES NO STOPPING US NOW, WE CANT FAIL.

This is good news and I hope that this boost will ensure automatic promotion but on the flip side, if things fail to improve then I hope that even the most loyal DJ fans will agree that any failure will be purely down to Jones and him alone.

Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:53 pm

I have a slightly different opinion on our great squad and whether it requires reinforcing.
It's a great squad, but there are quite a few loanees making it look great. This was necessary as we had some pretty dire financial issues with days to go before the summer transfer window closed. Who knows if any of these loan players will be with us next season.
I'm guessing that with the expectation and momentum for promotion there is a growing need within the club for establishing a more permanent "great" squad that will play in the premiership next season and hence the January window is critical for starting to build that.

Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:03 pm

The Malaysians are fantastic! Fair play to them but last time Jones had money to spend he spent £1.5m on Quinn, Taiwo and Hudson!! Let's hope if he is still our manager he makes slightly better choices this time around! Great news though and will leave no option but for Jones to blame himself if we don't go up! He now has no excuses!

Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:40 pm

alexc wrote:I have a slightly different opinion on our great squad and whether it requires reinforcing.
It's a great squad, but there are quite a few loanees making it look great. This was necessary as we had some pretty dire financial issues with days to go before the summer transfer window closed. Who knows if any of these loan players will be with us next season.
I'm guessing that with the expectation and momentum for promotion there is a growing need within the club for establishing a more permanent "great" squad that will play in the premiership next season and hence the January window is critical for starting to build that.

Look at it this way alexc if we do get promoted how many of the loanees would be good enough to play in the premier.
these loans are costing the club a lot in wages each week and if we go up that money would be released to go towards bringing in better quality players that would hopefully establish us in the premier league.
If we dont go up these players would be released back to their clubs and almost certainly the club would re build a squad under a new manager.
Jones has had everything he wanted and more to come in january so the ball is firmly in his court to ensure success

Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:42 pm

steve davies wrote:
alexc wrote:I have a slightly different opinion on our great squad and whether it requires reinforcing.

Look at it this way alexc if we do get promoted how many of the loanees would be good enough to play in the premier.
these loans are costing the club a lot in wages each week and if we go up that money would be released to go towards bringing in better quality players that would hopefully establish us in the premier league.
If we dont go up these players would be released back to their clubs and almost certainly the club would re build a squad under a new manager.
Jones has had everything he wanted and more to come in january so the ball is firmly in his court to ensure success

Totally agree with everything You Say there Steve and Also Your Right Dave Jones has had EVERYTHING HE HAS WANTED , WE CANT FAIL.

" ONWARDS and UPWARDS " :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:47 pm

Is the amount he gets still subject to league position in the next few weeks or is he going for all his main targets whatever?

Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:51 pm

bluebirds80 wrote:Is the amount he gets still subject to league position in the next few weeks or is he going for all his main targets whatever?

Top 2, Ive heard VT was getting Very excited, But Top 6 will still get DJ What he Wanted :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

" ONWARDS and UPWARDS " ' WE CANT FAIL WITH THIS SQUAD, BEST SQUAD FOR 38 YEARS '
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
steve davies wrote:

Totally agree with everything You Say there Steve and Also Your Right Dave Jones has had EVERYTHING HE HAS WANTED , WE CANT FAIL.

to right annis jones will take us to the promised land " WE'RE GOING UP AS FOOKIN CHAMPIONS" look out capello jones will be the next england manager after taking us up :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:57 pm

Steve Davies wrote

to right annis jones will take us to the promised land " WE'RE GOING UP AS FOOKIN CHAMPIONS" look out capello jones will be the next england manager after taking us up

steve davies

This is OUR SEASON Steve, WE CANT FAIL,THE MALAYSIANS HAVE GIVEN HIM EVERYTHING HE HAS ASKED FOR, DJ HAS HAD EVERYTHING HE WANTS, WE HAVE THE STARS, WE HAVE THE 4TH HIGHEST AVERAGE CROWDS IN THE DIVISION, SO HE HAS EVERYONE BACKING HIM.

HE WONT LET US DOWN :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

" ONWARDS and UPWARDS "

Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:59 pm

Bah Humbug :lol:

Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:08 pm

Brilliant now, We're going up as fecking Champions....... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:12 pm

Annis to what extent will he be backed ??? enough for 4 decent players ???

Left full back, Centre Half, big hard b*stard striker, Central midfielder ????

Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:14 pm

Bluebina wrote:

Brilliant now, We're going up as fecking Champions....... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

WE HAVE THE BEST SQUAD/TEAM IN MY LIFE TIME WE CANT FAIL :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

" ONWARDS and UPWARDS " :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:15 pm

Bluebina wrote:

DJ has given his Wish list and has been told Yes, But Now its up to DJ to persuade those players to come here :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
gavinmanley wrote:its about time you backed the team and DJ, it obvious that players and staff read these board and its not good for moral.

Ive Always Said its THE BEST SQUAD IN 40 YRS and DAVE JONES SAYS THE SAME, I Have NOT CHANGED ONCE WITH THAT OPINION.We have players We could only DREAM ABOUT and NOW WE HAVE THEM.
Heaton/Marshal,Bells,Chops,Jay,Burke,OJ,Koumas,Blake etc etc etc etc

ONWARDS and UPWARDS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

By the way I love the new positive Annis KEEP THE FAITH :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:18 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
gavinmanley wrote:its about time you backed the team and DJ, it obvious that players and staff read these board and its not good for moral.

Ive Always Said its THE BEST SQUAD IN 40 YRS and DAVE JONES SAYS THE SAME, I Have NOT CHANGED ONCE WITH THAT OPINION.We have players We could only DREAM ABOUT and NOW WE HAVE THEM.
Heaton/Marshal,Bells,Chops,Jay,Burke,OJ,Koumas,Blake etc etc etc etc

ONWARDS and UPWARDS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

By the way I love the new positive Annis KEEP THE FAITH :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol:

BUT IVE ALWAYS BELIEVED IN THE PLAYERS/TEAM, THERE IS SO MUCH CLASS/QUALITY , WE CANT FAIL :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Thats made my Christmas I am getting excited now !!!!

DJ has given his Wish list and has been told Yes, But Now its up to DJ to persuade those players to come here :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:25 pm

I am pleased to hear a positive message from you Annis, even if it may be that you are full of Christmas cheer :lol:
Joking aside we all need to get behind the team as the holiday period is going to make or break us. DJ is a difficult man to like or admire particularly with his propensity to name and blame individual players for what should be shown as team and management failings but there will be time enough for navel gazing and blood letting should we fail this season. For the moment we have no choice but give the players our full support and hope that it all gets turned around against Coventry and that will begin the push for the top spot at the end of the season.

Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:31 pm

algy wrote:I am pleased to hear a positive message from you Annis, even if it may be that you are full of Christmas cheer :lol:
Joking aside we all need to get behind the team as the holiday period is going to make or break us. DJ is a difficult man to like or admire particularly with his propensity to name and blame individual players for what should be shown as team and management failings but there will be time enough for navel gazing and blood letting should we fail this season. For the moment we have no choice but give the players our full support and hope that it all gets turned around against Coventry and that will begin the push for the top spot at the end of the season.

Cheers, I AM 100% BEHIND THIS TEAM and ALWAYS HAVE BEEN :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

" ONWARDS and UPWARDS " WE CANT FAIL THIS SEASON :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:37 pm

so with davey jones,s wish list about to be given to him and the squad we have already we should walk the rest of the season with games to spare so starting with coventry a massive 3 points and afew goals to boot would be fantastic to start a final assault to the prem. we can and will do it come on you mighty mighty bluebirds :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:38 pm

moggs wrote:so with davey jones,s wish list about to be given to him and the squad we have already we should walk the rest of the season with games to spare so starting with coventry a massive 3 points and afew goals to boot would be fantastic to start a final assault to the prem. we can and will do it come on you mighty mighty bluebirds :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

DJ Will have had eveything he has Asked for :ayatollah:
YES WE SHOULD NOT FAIL :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
moggs wrote:so with davey jones,s wish list about to be given to him and the squad we have already we should walk the rest of the season with games to spare so starting with coventry a massive 3 points and afew goals to boot would be fantastic to start a final assault to the prem. we can and will do it come on you mighty mighty bluebirds :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

DJ Will have had eveything he has Asked for :ayatollah:
YES WE SHOULD NOT FAIL :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

in what sense annis? carl said we have enquired about adam hammill, does that mean we will sign him? and all the other players mentioned?

how much will he receive do you know?

Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:44 pm

Woody

in what sense annis? carl said we have enquired about adam hammill, does that mean we will sign him? and all the other players mentioned?

how much will he receive do you know?[/quote]

Woody, I Said earlier, VT has Backed DJ with his money Requests, Now its up to DJ to Persuade them to come to Us, Usually Money Talks, BUT THE MAIN THING IS DJ HAS GOT THE MONEY HE REQUESTED :ayatollah: :ayatollah: