Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Help for a neutral visitor

Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:29 pm

Evening all on this merryist of nights

Me and missus will be in Cardiff on boxing day and i've convinced her we should attend the local footie game seen as it's on ;)

Couple questions, firstly, what's the general consensus about the game being on? I've heard there's a heated pitch but what're the surrounding areas like for fans and will they call it off 'for health and safety' reasons?

Secondly, and probably more importantly depending obviously on the above... what's the best way to get to the ground, we'll be arriving at the coach station and staying at the premier Inn in the centre (which unless i'm mistaken are quite close to each other?) but the ground seems quite a way away... also it'll be a sunday boxing day so I don't think there'll be buses but i'll be happily corrected... any ideas?... is it too far to walk?

Cheers
Rob

Re: Help for a neutral visitor

Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:34 pm

your hotel is right next to the station, our ground is around 15mins walk from the station, or get the train from the station to "ninian park" stop then you'll see the stadium infront

Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:34 pm

all home tickets have been sold so they say .

if your a coventry fan that won't be a problem tho . the walk to our new stadium is not too far and easy . buses are stopping at 5pm so it would be a walk back to the station

the game is deffo on

hope that helps

Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:37 pm

There won't be any trains as it is Boxing day, so walk or taxi (double rate). Its not too far to walk, but I'd advise you to get directions

Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:37 pm

Beware of just one thing mate..... a quite tall lad brushed back black hair, talks alot and gets emotional , he will try and sell you a pile of books, they aint a bad read and well priced, but whatever you DONT GIVE HIM YOUR FACEBOOK ADDRESS!!!!

Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:38 pm

I've got tickets already cheers, are buses running? What's the local bus company up there i'll google it

Getting off the train a stop early would've been great but i'm coming in on coach.. is the walk only 15 mins? google maps states about 45 mins!!... i'm not in a zimmer frame yet ;)

Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:41 pm

its 25mins max! you will see lots of fans all heading in one direction, or get a taxi

Cardifff bus
taxis 02920 333333 02920555 555

Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:43 pm

Rob_GT4 wrote:I've got tickets already cheers, are buses running? What's the local bus company up there i'll google it

Getting off the train a stop early would've been great but i'm coming in on coach.. is the walk only 15 mins? google maps states about 45 mins!!... i'm not in a zimmer frame yet ;)

Annis has been doing home delivery all week..... give him a ring and tell him your buy a few titles hes bound to give you a lift :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:05 am

Daya wrote:
Rob_GT4 wrote:I've got tickets already cheers, are buses running? What's the local bus company up there i'll google it

Annis has been doing home delivery all week..... give him a ring and tell him your buy a few titles hes bound to give you a lift :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: