Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Carl Curtis reference Dave Jones

Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:26 pm

Carl as one who comes to the defence of Dave Jones along with Claude Blue, may I ask you a question.

What do you feel his attributes are?

Re: Carl Curtis reference Dave Jones

Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:31 pm

He is a lucky general and has an employment contract which makes being sacked financially worthwhile....

Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:48 pm

He brings stability, he keeps a regular side, he does not make knee jerk reactions. He also brings in players who have had difficulties elsewhere and brings out the best in them. Overall we are lucky to have a manager with such qualities.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:49 pm

carlccfc wrote:He brings stability, he keeps a regular side, he does not make knee jerk reactions. He also brings in players who have had difficulties elsewhere and brings out the best in them. Overall we are lucky to have a manager with such qualities.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:00 pm

carlccfc wrote:He brings stability, he keeps a regular side, he does not make knee jerk reactions. He also brings in players who have had difficulties elsewhere and brings out the best in them. Overall we are lucky to have a manager with such qualities.

SPOT ON CARL

Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:10 pm

There are alot better managers out there who would bring us all that. Managers who would not cost so much either.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:10 pm

Carl firstly thank you for your prompt reply, although it's limited and hardly a good reference for a top management position and the 800k salary it commands as one if not the most expensive Managers in the Championship.

You firstly state stability , in other words he's rigid too, you could express stability to thousands of football managers so it's hardly an asset or a set skill , although your statement does not back up either , remember the big game against Swansea this season? He did none of what you mentioned - he lost and continued not to win games until Yesterday.

His bringing in of players? That's clearly a numbers game , you forget all the ones he brought in and didn't get the best out of too, there's more of them for sure, I'm sure you don't want me to draw up the long long expensive list.

So far attributes 1 out of 10 for your reference , please continue with some more valid points.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:12 pm

Lets give it a flip - Why do you think he's not cut out for the job?

Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:12 pm

ccfcdor wrote:

SPOT ON CARL

spot on. you wanted him out less than 2 weeks ago. Do we need to return to your jones out post?

Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:17 pm

Dafydd wrote:Lets give it a flip - Why do you think he's not cut out for the job?

Let's get the reference points first from the Jones loyal Supporters, flipping too early is an option out for those who think he has many attributes , let's hear what those think they are first , so far we haven't really had anything of worthy note.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:20 pm

My Opinion And Mine Only wrote:

Carl firstly thank you for your prompt reply, although it's limited and hardly a good reference for a top management position and the 800k salary it commands as one if not the most expensive Managers in the Championship.

You firstly state stability , in other words he's rigid too, you could express stability to thousands of football managers so it's hardly an asset or a set skill , although your statement does not back up either , remember the big game against Swansea this season? He did none of what you mentioned - he lost and continued not to win games until Yesterday.

His bringing in of players? That's clearly a numbers game , you forget all the ones he brought in and didn't get the best out of too, there's more of them for sure, I'm sure you don't want me to draw up the long long expensive list.

So far attributes 1 out of 10 for your reference , please continue with some more valid points.

What has his salary got to do with it? If you were offered such renumeration would you turn it down and ask for less?!!

Stability does not equal rigidity. During his tenure this club has moved forward by a considerable margin, more than in any other time in my 40 plus years watching this club. We have progressed each and every season and the stability he has brought is a major factor in this progress.

Yes, we've had a bad run. Funny how you fail to mention the previous monthe when we won every game. Would you sack a manager as soon as the club lose a few games? Football is full of ups and downs - we do not have a God given right to win every game.

All managers buy players who turn out to be failures. I think that overall Jones had an excellent record in this area.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:31 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

There are alot better managers out there who would bring us all that. Managers who would not cost so much either.

SPOT ON Ian :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:32 pm

Claude Blue wrote:
My Opinion And Mine Only wrote:

What has his salary got to do with it? If you were offered such renumeration would you turn it down and ask for less?!!

Stability does not equal rigidity. During his tenure this club has moved forward by a considerable margin, more than in any other time in my 40 plus years watching this club. We have progressed each and every season and the stability he has brought is a major factor in this progress.

Yes, we've had a bad run. Funny how you fail to mention the previous monthe when we won every game. Would you sack a manager as soon as the club lose a few games? Football is full of ups and downs - we do not have a God given right to win every game.

All managers buy players who turn out to be failures. I think that overall Jones had an excellent record in this area.

Claude
he has had an enourmous amounts of cash put at his disposal the last few years either in fee's or players wages to enable him to put the club where it is now.
He also had a lot of luck when sam was ousted there was so much unrest at the club that his run of only 6 wins out of 50 league games went practically unoticed.
his weakness for me is holding grudges against players who dare to speak against him with gerrard being one of a number of examples.
as i have said in previous posts he has no faith in younger players and he has yet to show the nerve to get us over the final hurdle.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:32 pm

The salary has a lot to do with it, it bases what pedigree of Manager you can afford , many better Managers in my opinion would accept that large salary.

We were in the Championship when he arrived and we still are .At one point before the departure of Hammam we were 6 points clear at the top of the table , so in fact we have gone backwards if anything even with the large amounts he has spent on wages and transfer fees. So your points in my opinion are invalid on that basis.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:34 pm

Claude Blue wrote: During his tenure this club has moved forward by a considerable margin, more than in any other time in my 40 plus years watching this club. We have progressed each and every season and the stability he has brought is a major factor in this progress.

We have progressed because this division has got weaker and weaker as each season has gone by. This season specially as we are not up against the yo yo clubs like Birmingham, WBA or Wolves. Also just look at some of the clubs that have come up from league one over last last 3 seasons and look how they have done. Swansea first season in the league and they just missed out on a play off place. Leicester caem upo last season and got a play off place. Now many are going to vote against Norwich or Leeds not making it to the play offs this season?

I find it hard to give him, DJ, credit for our progress because of this. It has been made easier and easier for him each season and as someone said on here he is a lucky manager.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:39 pm

Some very valid points Steve Davies in my opinion.

As Club Manager the way he has handled young players like Matthews and Gunter has been appalling , singley shaming Matthews in the press was disgustiing.

He has unlike top managers no interest in the Club below first team level either , it was his call for no reserve team football, he also has no interest in the Academy system unlike someone like Sir Alex who controls everything and knows exactly what's going on in that department.

But before pointing out more factors let's see some valid attributes come forward from his supporters.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:44 pm

Any other attributes you can think of Carl Curtis?

Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:47 pm

My Opinion And Mine Only wrote:Any other attributes you can think of Carl Curtis?

What is this pick on Carl Night, I AM NOT A DJ Fan, Carl IS, But My reasons against DJ,could out do anyone who sticks up for DJ :D

Having the Biggest Wage out side The Premiership.
Having Spent more money on Transfers and WAGES IN THE HISTORY OF CARDIFF CITY.
No Respect for Our Fans.
Claims Our Club HAS NO HISTORY.
Great Managers Win Trophies/Titles and Promotions, Jones is Yet to Win One.
Cant be Bothered With Our player of the year Do(First time in 25 years had to be cancelled), Childrens Xmas do etc etc.
Anti Welsh.
Against having a Reserve Team, Which is Madness, just Ask 90 other Football Managers.
Falls out with every other player.
Anti Welsh Youngsters coming through.
Brings injury prone players on old pals act or Donkeys Like Naylor/Keogh/Kennedy/Cooper etc
Over paid players like Eddie Johnson/Fowler/Hasslebank/Hudson/Sinclair/Koumas even My Mate Warren Feeney was Stunned by his Wage.
His type of striker is Eddie Johnson, £20,000 a week for a Season.
IN 112 GAMES, WHEN WE ARE 1 NIL DOWN DAVE JONES IN NEARLY 6 YEARS HAS NOW COME BACK TO WIN APPROX 9 GAMES,WORST RECORD IN HISTORY FOR A LEAGUE MANAGER.

Just a FEW OF MY REASONS WHY I FEEL HE SHOULD NOT BE OUR MANAGER or BE APPRECIATED, Just MY OPINION WITH FACTS TO BACK IT UP.

Just a Few of MANY MANY REASONS.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:47 pm

So far attributes 1 out of 10 for your reference , please continue with some more valid points.[/quote]

All managers buy players who turn out to be failures. I think that overall Jones had an excellent record in this area.[/quote]
Claude
he has had an enourmous amounts of cash put at his disposal the last few years either in fee's or players wages to enable him to put the club where it is now.
He also had a lot of luck when sam was ousted there was so much unrest at the club that his run of only 6 wins out of 50 league games went practically unoticed.
his weakness for me is holding grudges against players who dare to speak against him with gerrard being one of a number of examples.
as i have said in previous posts he has no faith in younger players and he has yet to show the nerve to get us over the final hurdle.[/quote]

Do we know that the reason he got rid of Gerrard was because he spoke out against him? Or is that just speculation?

I thought he got shot of him because he had failed to follow the club's diet/fitness regime over the summer and came back a fat b*stard?!!!!

I slightly agree with your point about younger players although he sees all the players every day so I'm content to allow him to choose the players he sees as in-form.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:55 pm

Reference the younger players , it was the Managers call to remove reserve team football. It should also be in his remit to over see the whole football structure.

In my opinion the Gerrard situation arose prior to the failed again play off final, that opinion is formed on a conversation with the said player himself and some of his fellow team mates.

Returning to a Carl Curtis statement tonight as an attribute of Jones he claimed one was to bring the best out in players, what's happened to Koumas then the expensive loan signing from Wigan, it is clear he's not getting the best out of him this season! Why not? Why is jones not using that claimed attribute on Koumas after investing heavily in the player.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:56 pm

My Opinion And Mine Only wrote:Some very valid points Steve Davies in my opinion.

As Club Manager the way he has handled young players like Matthews and Gunter has been appalling , singley shaming Matthews in the press was disgustiing.

He has unlike top managers no interest in the Club below first team level either , it was his call for no reserve team football, he also has no interest in the Academy system unlike someone like Sir Alex who controls everything and knows exactly what's going on in that department.

But before pointing out more factors let's see some valid attributes come forward from his supporters.

Agree with you on Matthews, but Gunter?!!

We sold him when we desperatly needed cash and where is he now? Would you have him back?

The academy system is overseen by a number of experienced staff doing their job. Jones is manager of the first team, so he does his job. Do you seriously believe that Sir Alex controls Man. U's academy?!!!!!

Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:57 pm

Claude Blue wrote:Carl firstly thank you for your prompt reply, although it's limited and hardly a good reference for a top management position and the 800k salary it commands as one if not the most expensive Managers in the Championship.

Claude

gerrard had an argument with him prior to the play off final over the opta stats that is the truth.
the stats showed that gerrard and blake were the best centre half pairing by a country mile at that stage.
he told gerrard he was out at the end of the season hence the loan to hull.
Im sure annis and carl would back me up to the fact that he also made the same threat to bothroyd after the play off final because he refused a cortisone injection on the friday prior to the play off final and blamed him for the defeat.
His man management skills leave a lot to be desired and in this day and age you can not afford to hold silly grudges against your playing staff.
He also needs to put his issue with the local media behind him and start looking to play reserve team fixtures asap to give the fringe members of the squad some valuable playing time.

All managers buy players who turn out to be failures. I think that overall Jones had an excellent record in this area.[/quote]
Claude
as i have said in previous posts he has no faith in younger players and he has yet to show the nerve to get us over the final hurdle.[/quote]

Do we know that the reason he got rid of Gerrard was because he spoke out against him? Or is that just speculation?

I thought he got shot of him because he had failed to follow the club's diet/fitness regime over the summer and came back a fat b*stard?!!!!

I slightly agree with your point about younger players although he sees all the players every day so I'm content to allow him to choose the players he sees as in-form.[/quote]

Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:59 pm

Repeating yourself in confusion Claude?

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:05 pm

He brings stability? ARE YOU FOR REAL? please remind me how many total points we got in November and December? and how many pre-November?

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:07 pm

My Opinion And Mine Only wrote:Reference the younger players , it was the Managers call to remove reserve team football. It should also be in his remit to over see the whole football structure.

In my opinion the Gerrard situation arose prior to the failed again play off final, that opinion is formed on a conversation with the said player himself and some of his fellow team mates.

Returning to a Carl Curtis statement tonight as an attribute of Jones he claimed one was to bring the best out in players, what's happened to Koumas then the expensive loan signing from Wigan, it is clear he's not getting the best out of him this season! Why not? Why is jones not using that claimed attribute on Koumas after investing heavily in the player.

IIRC the manager wanted out of the reserve league due to the paucity of oppostion on offer. I suspect money played it's part as well. Friendlies arranged as and when required seems a perfectly acceptable compromise.

Yes, his job is to "oversee" not control every aspect. That's what his staff do, it's called delegation.

No, it looks like Koumas has been a failure. It happens, get over it. All our other loanees been failures as well have they?

Do you expect every manager to have a 100% success rate with every player he signs or loans?

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:07 pm

quadsas wrote:He brings stability? ARE YOU FOR REAL? please remind me how many total points we got in November and December? and how many pre-November?

yes but stability behind the scenes and over a season as a whole.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:09 pm

My Opinion And Mine Only wrote:Repeating yourself in confusion Claude?

Where?

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:10 pm

Gunter was treated dreadfully by Jones, yes I would have him back , especially at present.

Sir Alex knows everything that goes on within his Club and outside it too.

Jones doesn't have experienced staff , he has old pals.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:10 pm

I think some of his decisions and favouritism affect the side. I think he is slow to react full stop
hence our appalling record once we fall behind in a game. I think Jay is the only player really who
had a shit time at other clubs. But Eddie Johnson, Jason Koumas, Etuhu, Taiwo, Fowler, Hudson
etc have proved flops, and a few of them very expensive ones. Overall I think we are very unlucky
to have such a turnip head manager :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:12 pm

taffyapple wrote:

I think some of his decisions and favouritism affect the side. I think he is slow to react full stop
hence our appalling record once we fall behind in a game. I think Jay is the only player really who
had a shit time at other clubs. But Eddie Johnson, Jason Koumas, Etuhu, Taiwo, Fowler, Hudson
etc have proved flops, and a few of them very expensive ones. Overall I think we are very unlucky
to have such a turnip head manager :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I know, it's a real bugger being second in the table :lol: :lol: :lol: