Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Carl Curtis reference Dave Jones

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:12 pm

brilliantbluebirds09 wrote:
quadsas wrote:He brings stability? ARE YOU FOR REAL? please remind me how many total points we got in November and December? and how many pre-November?

yes but stability behind the scenes and over a season as a whole.

Not True, Many many players upset with DJ.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:13 pm

Some good points there Taffy, Eddie Johnson a fine example of complete poor management , taking a player on loan for a full season on £20,000 per week without even having seen him play is poor lazy management in my opinion.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:14 pm

Claude Blue wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
carlccfc wrote:He brings stability, he keeps a regular side, he does not make knee jerk reactions. He also brings in players who have had difficulties elsewhere and brings out the best in them. Overall we are lucky to have a manager with such qualities.

I think some of his decisions and favouritism affect the side. I think he is slow to react full stop
hence our appalling record once we fall behind in a game. I think Jay is the only player really who
had a shit time at other clubs. But Eddie Johnson, Jason Koumas, Etuhu, Taiwo, Fowler, Hudson
etc have proved flops, and a few of them very expensive ones. Overall I think we are very unlucky
to have such a turnip head manager :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I know, it's a real bugger being second in the table :lol: :lol: :lol:

6 YEARS LATER and WEVE BEEN DOWN THIS ROAD EVERY YEAR, LETS HOPE WE ARE COME MAY 2011 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:16 pm

carlccfc wrote:He brings stability, he keeps a regular side, he does not make knee jerk reactions. He also brings in players who have had difficulties elsewhere and brings out the best in them. Overall we are lucky to have a manager with such qualities.

Well put, Carl....and I agree. Dave Jons is as good a manager we've had in y (lengthy) time as a Bluebird supporter.

Apparently, that'll get us both in trouble with MOAMO mind, as we'll be accused of being ignorant Ginks for our lack of in-depth football knowledge and failing to see the bigger picture....

Perhaps you should INVENT your next story and just say 'it's only my opinion' and you can be forgiven for writing almost anything you like without proper foundation!!

OF course, WE know YOU wouldn't do that, as your FACTUAL updates keep proving....

Keep it up, mate....you're doing a grand job!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:16 pm

My Opinion And Mine Only wrote:Gunter was treated dreadfully by Jones, yes I would have him back , especially at present.

Sir Alex knows everything that goes on within his Club and outside it too.

Jones doesn't have experienced staff , he has old pals.

Obviously accepting second best is good enough for you then vis-a-vis Gunter :lol:

No he doesn't. Exceptional talent in the academy will be brought to his attention, nothing more. However, he's fully aware of everything the tealady gets up to :lol: :lol:

Are you not happy with the backroom staff as well then? Sounds like you have a real grudge.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:18 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Claude Blue wrote:I know, it's a real bugger being second in the table :lol: :lol: :lol:

6 YEARS LATER and WEVE BEEN DOWN THIS ROAD EVERY YEAR, LETS HOPE WE ARE COME MAY 2011 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Indeed its where you are in May that matters. With DJs track record with us I wonder how many are confident we will be there in May?

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:19 pm

Claude your replies are now showing a weakness in your claims for the benefits of Jones and his assets to City.

We are second at Christmas in a poor division with the best assembled squad in the division and the manager claims he wants 5 more to kick on?

Teams will come stronger in the second part and I have no confidence in jones taking us across the line.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:20 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:

Well put, Carl....and I agree. Dave Jons is as good a manager we've had in y (lengthy) time as a Bluebird supporter.

Apparently, that'll get us both in trouble with MOAMO mind, as we'll be accused of being ignorant Ginks for our lack of in-depth football knowledge and failing to see the bigger picture....

Perhaps you should INVENT your next story and just say 'it's only my opinion' and you can be forgiven for writing almost anything you like without proper foundation!!

OF course, WE know YOU wouldn't do that, as your FACTUAL updates keep proving....

Its Great on Here, Sven for a GOOD OLD DEBATE :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:22 pm

Claude Blue wrote:
My Opinion And Mine Only wrote:Gunter was treated dreadfully by Jones, yes I would have him back , especially at present.

Obviously accepting second best is good enough for you then vis-a-vis Gunter :lol:

No he doesn't. Exceptional talent in the academy will be brought to his attention, nothing more. However, he's fully aware of everything the tealady gets up to :lol: :lol:

Are you not happy with the backroom staff as well then? Sounds like you have a real grudge.

Succinctly put, mate and 100% correct in your analogy that MOAMO has some kind of (yet to be announced) grudge....unless the one he has against me for pointing out that he is a bitter man and rumour monger without foundation!! :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:23 pm

6 YEARS LATER and WEVE BEEN DOWN THIS ROAD EVERY YEAR, LETS HOPE WE ARE COME MAY 2011 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

Sorry, I'm wrong again ;)

It's a disgrace that Jones didn't take us up in his first season in charge - winning every game and not conceding a single goal.

By now we should have won the Premierrship 5 times and the Champions League 4 times.

The man's a disgrace. Sack him then publicly hang him.

After all, we are Cardiff City. Bigger than Barcelona. It's our divine right, I blame God.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:23 pm

Claude Blue wrote:

No grudges on my behalf , just simple observation. I'm not impressed with any of jones style of management compared to other Managers who run a better operation by far on a far less budget.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:26 pm

My Opinion And Mine Only wrote:Claude your replies are now showing a weakness in your claims for the benefits of Jones and his assets to City.

We are second at Christmas in a poor division with the best assembled squad in the division and the manager claims he wants 5 more to kick on?

Teams will come stronger in the second part and I have no confidence in jones taking us across the line.

Correct, which is EXACTLY why Jones wants to strengthen the squad.

Good management by a good manager.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:27 pm

Claude Blue wrote:6 YEARS LATER and WEVE BEEN DOWN THIS ROAD EVERY YEAR, LETS HOPE WE ARE COME MAY 2011 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

It's a disgrace that Jones didn't take us up in his first season in charge - winning every game and not conceding a single goal.

By now we should have won the Premierrship 5 times and the Champions League 4 times.

After all, we are Cardiff City. Bigger than Barcelona. It's our divine right, I blame God.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

Having the Biggest Wage out side The Premiership.
Having Spent more money on Transfers and WAGES IN THE HISTORY OF CARDIFF CITY.
No Respect for Our Fans.
Claims Our Club HAS NO HISTORY.
Great Managers Win Trophies/Titles and Promotions, Jones is Yet to Win One.
Cant be Bothered With Our player of the year Do(First time in 25 years had to be cancelled), Childrens Xmas do etc etc.
Anti Welsh.
Against having a Reserve Team, Which is Madness, just Ask 90 other Football Managers.
Falls out with every other player.
Anti Welsh Youngsters coming through.
Brings injury prone players on old pals act or Donkeys Like Naylor/Keogh/Kennedy/Cooper etc
Over paid players like Eddie Johnson/Fowler/Hasslebank/Hudson/Sinclair/Koumas even My Mate Warren Feeney was Stunned by his Wage.
His type of striker is Eddie Johnson, £20,000 a week for a Season.
IN 112 GAMES, WHEN WE ARE 1 NIL DOWN DAVE JONES IN NEARLY 6 YEARS HAS NOW COME BACK TO WIN APPROX 9 GAMES,WORST RECORD IN HISTORY FOR A LEAGUE MANAGER.

Just a FEW OF MY REASONS WHY I FEEL HE SHOULD NOT BE OUR MANAGER or BE APPRECIATED, Just MY OPINION WITH FACTS TO BACK IT UP.

Just a Few of MANY MANY REASONS. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:28 pm

Claude Blue wrote:6 YEARS LATER and WEVE BEEN DOWN THIS ROAD EVERY YEAR, LETS HOPE WE ARE COME MAY 2011 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

The tactic of diversion post as poster can not come up with any worthwhile attributes to jones and his Management skills.

Goodnight Claude , game, set , match to Non loyal Jones posters.

Good match though , unlike Carl Curtis who returned to the dressing room after a straight volley. :lol:

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:28 pm

My Opinion And Mine Only wrote:
Claude Blue wrote:

No grudges on my behalf , just simple observation. I'm not impressed with any of jones style of management compared to other Managers who run a better operation by far on a far less budget.

Name names then.

Let's hear who these better managers are.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Sven Ghali wrote:

Its Great on Here, Sven for a GOOD OLD DEBATE :lol: :ayatollah:

I loves it Annis, I does!!!! :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol:
Last edited by Sven on Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:31 pm

Ah you include the inexperienced Terry Burton in this do you???????

You know the bloke who has only been a coach for 31 years!!!!1

Or Paul Wilkinson who has 10 years experience

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:31 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The tactic of diversion post as poster can not come up with any worthwhile attributes to jones and his Management skills.

Good match though , unlike Carl Curtis who returned to the dressing room after a straight volley. :lol:[/quote]

Oh, I'm still here dear boy.

Up for a while as the cricket has just started,

Not a diversionary tactic, just a bit of good old sarcasm!!

Obviously went over your head.

Sleep well xx

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:35 pm

Elwood Blues wrote:

If it wasnt for Terry Burton We would be fucked, But DJ Over rules him to much as well.
Does DJ Motivate Our Team, Wheres Plan B ?

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:35 pm

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:37 pm

Elwood Blues wrote:

Or Paul Wilkinson who has 10 years experience[

Wilkinson experience ? What experience is that then?

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:38 pm

Claude Blue wrote:

Good match though , unlike Carl Curtis who returned to the dressing room after a straight volley. :lol:

Sleep well xx[/quote]

Claude Youve BEEN WELL and TRUELY BEATEN :lol: :ayatollah:

GOOD NIGHT, GREAT DEBATE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:41 pm

Claude Blue wrote:

whilst watching the cricket maybe you could field some attributes in relation to the original question.

Here it is again , what attributes does Dave Jones have as a football manager? In my opinion it's a simple question.

Sleep well xx[/quote]

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:43 pm

Elwood Blues wrote:

Or Paul Wilkinson who has 10 years experience[

Wilkinson experience ? What experience is that then?

Bitter and twisted, mate....bitter and twisted!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Cardiff City are (despite EVERYTHING that has gone on OFF the pitch) pushing seriously for promotion to the Premiership!!

WTF do you want?? Do you SERIOUSLY believe we should be walking away with this division or that anyone else (including your hero Sir Alex) would be doing any better in reality??

If the answer to that is YES, then PLEASE qualify your statement with GENUINE reason....

Thanks

Last edited by Sven on Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:43 pm

Sorry Claude &Carl here we go again, just in case you missed it,

whilst watching the cricket maybe you could field some attributes in relation to the original question.

Here it is again , what attributes does Dave Jones have as a football manager? In my opinion it's a simple question.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:45 pm

The winners and losers of this debate will be announced at the seasons end.

If we are promoted then I will be back to gloat!!!

If we fail then I will accept that ultimately he has failed and should fall on his sword.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:46 pm

ON THE 6th ATTEMPT I WANT PROMOTION COME MAY 2011.

WE 100% HAVE THE BEST TEAM/SQUAD IN THIS DIVISION, SO WE CAN NOT FAIL :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:46 pm

Claude Blue wrote:The winners and losers of this debate will be announced at the seasons end.

If we are promoted then I will be back to gloat!!!

If we fail then I will accept that ultimately he has failed and should fall on his sword.

Good reply but what in your opinion are his attributes that will bring the above scenario ?

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:56 pm

Refreshing to see the ball on the deck yesterday Annis....Perhaps
the penny has finally dropped with Jones+Co. We shall see as time moves on, but
yesterday was a definate positive after such a miserable run.

There has to be a 'however' though. That is Coventry were remarkable poor
and allowed us far too much time and space. Give the Bluebirds that and you
are in trouble, as the game prooved :ayatollah:

Be interesting to see who the club bring in during the window as Bellamy alerted
yesterday in his interview. It looks like deals could well be in the pipeline.

:ayatollah:

Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:01 am

wigstar wrote:Refreshing to see the ball on the deck yesterday Annis....Perhaps
the penny has finally dropped with Jones+Co. We shall see as time moves on, but
yesterday was a definate positive after such a miserable run.

There has to be a 'however' though. That is Coventry were remarkable poor
and allowed us far too much time and space. Give the Bluebirds that and you
are in trouble, as the game prooved :ayatollah:

Be interesting to see who the club bring in during the window as Bellamy alerted
yesterday in his interview. It looks like deals could well be in the pipeline.

:ayatollah:

agree Wigstar.