Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TRIED TO START A CHANT YESTERDAY

Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:03 am

DAVE JONES OUT; where were you all was i at the same game? ive had a guts full of spending my hard earned money travelling all over the country watching that crap,but will i be at bristol yes, will i be at stoke yes,will DJ be at bristol yes will DJ be at stoke? now is the time for change before it really is TOO LATE.

Re: TRIED TO START A CHANT YESTERDAY

Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:44 am

When I'm at a game, I don't boo, sing anti-Jones songs or anti-player songs. I just don't think its constructive. I got annoyed when people were singing for Jones to get Naylor off.

Yes he was pap but its demoralising for him and the whole team.

Same goes for Jones, I want him out but I'm not going to chant it during a game especially when we've got a run of games coming up. I'm sure some others might agree.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:32 am

PhatFrog wrote:When I'm at a game, I don't boo, sing anti-Jones songs or anti-player songs. I just don't think its constructive. I got annoyed when people were singing for Jones to get Naylor off.

Yes he was pap but its demoralising for him and the whole team.

Same goes for Jones, I want him out but I'm not going to chant it during a game especially when we've got a run of games coming up. I'm sure some others might agree.

sorry m8 i disagree its obvious the players are not playing for jones maybe they need to hear something to actually know how we feel as for demoralising for naylor,how demolarising is it for the tthousands of supporters who travel up and down the country week in week out,up until now naylor must have thought he was untouchable jones has protected him through thick and thin,as for the run of games coming what if we lose these games are we all going to keep our thoughts to ourselves,as much as i respect your oppinion,if i try to chant something in the forthcoming games i apologise in advance if i upset anyone (sincerely),but i will call it as i see it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:18 am

I heard that DJ out chant. I was surprised with the response you got from those who disagreed with you. I'm taking it you where the ones that they were referring ot as "Jack Bastards".

I think there was about 3 of you started the DJ out chant, just after Watfords second goal. If so it must have been daunting for you when I would say about 50 replied against you. Tbh I was quite annoyed so many responded but I eyed up a couple of them for reference. As you know Rae substituted Burke and one of these guys said "We are chasing the game and we bring on Rea for Burke". His expression on his face was one of disapproval. I turned around to him adn said "Thats why some are chanting for DJ out". He did not reply.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:21 am

I'm with Phatfrog. Say what you want because it's your money and you turn up to do what you like but in my opinion speak your views before and after the game but during the game it's all about our team. Singing anti-team or anti-manager chants is just a waste of time during the actual game in my view.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:40 am

beddau blue wrote:DAVE JONES OUT; where were you all was i at the same game? ive had a guts full of spending my hard earned money travelling all over the country watching that crap,but will i be at bristol yes, will i be at stoke yes,will DJ be at bristol yes will DJ be at stoke? now is the time for change before it really is TOO LATE.

when you tried to start the dave jones out chant ,another 1000 plus started singing Davey Jones barmy army and asked him to do the Ayatollah .... you are truly in the minority
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:03 pm

Now thats a true 'Supporter' just gone 2-1 down, Get 1 goal back and we are back init. Is chanting Jones Out going to help anyone? NO!

It can only have a negative impact on our team so why do it? Your there to support your team. Just keep them for after the game.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:43 pm

Kanester wrote:Now thats a true 'Supporter' just gone 2-1 down, Get 1 goal back and we are back init. Is chanting Jones Out going to help anyone? NO!

It can only have a negative impact on our team so why do it? Your there to support your team. Just keep them for after the game.

yes m8 i am a true supporter 52 years of age and supporting city nearly all of my life beleive me i have seen some shit, but that yesterday took the biscuit, i did not shout dave jones out after we went 2 1 down i shouted dave jones out when he substituded rae for burke no i was not one of the three who got a response from other sections i was stood about three rows from the front and i shouted this on my own,if i was called a jack b*stard by some i would have taken issue with them, i am not someone who has jumped on the bandwagon i was there on the bob bank when we were pulling in a couple of thousand per game, as i said earlier i call it as i see it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:48 pm

beddau blue wrote:DAVE JONES OUT; where were you all was i at the same game? ive had a guts full of spending my hard earned money travelling all over the country watching that crap,but will i be at bristol yes, will i be at stoke yes,will DJ be at bristol yes will DJ be at stoke? now is the time for change before it really is TOO LATE.

Yes, I was there and heard you and your little mates, got the responce you did'nt except!

Got the message !

Dave Jones Barmy Army :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:53 pm

GLASCOEDBLUE wrote:

Yes, I was there and heard you and your little mates, got the responce you did'nt except!

Got the message !

Dave Jones Barmy Army :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

read latest message before you post
get the message :!:

Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:05 pm

CHRIS PIKE wrote:

when you tried to start the dave jones out chant ,another 1000 plus started singing Davey Jones barmy army and asked him to do the Ayatollah .... you are truly in the minority

MINORITY; are you reading this board :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:11 pm

give it a couple more games and if Jones have not turned things around there will be more chanting for his head than not, give it 3/4 more games. ;)

Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:13 pm

I guess we all just realised we are second....

Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:14 pm

That chant was at the wrong time.

Quite a few started to sing Dave Jones Barmy Army but it was not a 1000 as someone has suggested. The majority did not bother joining in.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:14 pm

beddau blue wrote:
CHRIS PIKE wrote:

MINORITY; are you reading this board :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

This board has 4000 members (I think) and where are 23,000 people at home games. You cannot take this board or any board as the majority
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:26 pm

am not talking bout just this board have looked at other boards and gauging city fans home and away by the way whats your view nathan :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:06 pm

beddau blue wrote:am not talking bout just this board have looked at other boards and gauging city fans home and away by the way whats your view nathan :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

You only need to go to games, when people start anti Jones chants they get a mouthfull from fans around them and bemused looks. Im bemused how you think a team in 2nd can replace their manager. People tell me "1 win in the last 9" yes our latest form isnt great, but it is the overall picture you have to look at and overall we have the 2nd best form in the league.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:43 pm

I Want Dave Jones out More than anyone, But I go to the Matches to Support and Back My Team for 90 Mins, I wont Sing for Dave Jones or against, I Just Sing Cardiff City Songs. While We are going for Promotion, I will Not During a game Chant Jones out.

Also they are nearly as bad the hundreds who DESERTED WIth 20 Minutes to go to the end of the game, DONT WE SUPPORT OUR TEAM FOR 90 mins :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I Want Dave Jones out More than anyone, But I go to the Matches to Support and Back My Team for 90 Mins, I wont Sing for Dave Jones or against, I Just Sing Cardiff City Songs. While We are going for Promotion, I will Not During a game Chant Jones out.

Also they are nearly as bad the hundreds who DESERTED WIth 20 Minutes to go to the end of the game, DONT WE SUPPORT OUR TEAM FOR 90 mins :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Totally agree. Disgraceful when fans who travel to away games want to leave so early (yes it was a piss poor performance but if you were a real supporter you'd still be there if it was 100-0) when there are other fans who would have gone and stayed til the bitter end.
I think that's probably the most demoralising thing for the team, when their own fans are walking out 20 mins to go.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:13 pm

littlebluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I Want Dave Jones out More than anyone, But I go to the Matches to Support and Back My Team for 90 Mins, I wont Sing for Dave Jones or against, I Just Sing Cardiff City Songs. While We are going for Promotion, I will Not During a game Chant Jones out.

Totally agree. Disgraceful when fans who travel to away games want to leave so early (yes it was a piss poor performance but if you were a real supporter you'd still be there if it was 100-0) when there are other fans who would have gone and stayed til the bitter end.
I think that's probably the most demoralising thing for the team, when their own fans are walking out 20 mins to go.

I agree, imagine looking up at Your Fans and Seeing that they have Deserted in their Hundreds.