Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

2nd place going into January

Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:29 am

Even though we have had a shocking run of results and I was there to witness that dire display at Watford yesterday, we are in 2nd place going into January which Carl stated in a previous update was the criteria for serious investment from VT, so let's hope that VT holds up his end of the bargain and gives DJ a transfer treasure chest.
With regards to yesterday, yes we were shocking....but what could DJ have done with what he had on the bench, we lacked the strength in depth to make serious tactical changes yesterday, let's hope in January that DJ can add to the squad to give us the option of having a 'plan B'
:ayatollah:

Re: 2nd place going into January

Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:20 am

Watford also had injury problems and were down to bare bones according to their manager so he was forced to put on a lot of youngsters. No chance of DJ doing that as he prefers to persist with players that have already shown to us that they are not up to the task. Why doesn't Jones take in interest in our youngsters rather than sign aged, crocked, unfit players that he has worked with from years gone by.

He never mentions the academy or the youngsters in fact the only person that really enthuses about the academy is Steve Borley and he showed us that by investing millions of his own money into the project.

As far as VT is concerned I think he has to think long and hard if he feels DJ can succeed in gaining promotion. In my opinion DJ will not. If that is the case he will not give major investment to DJ to strengthen the squad and to quite honest I don't believe he would spend it wisely. You only have to look at some of the players he brought in this season,and surely he is running out of old players that he once worked with.

Re: 2nd place going into January

Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:27 am

This is the team that DJ bought and built. He has bought or got loan signings that are carrying injuries, who are unfit, who are mentally unfit. Bellers is different we all knew his limitations as with injuries and we except that but the rest ? Now with Naylor Jones had been trying to get him here for a long time so in a sense Jones is to blame. We were done by a team that was cheaply put together but had the desire to beat us.