Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Now the dust has settled

Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:38 am

and a night to sleep on it after yesterdays poor performance (at least I did not have the journey back to Wales just a short 15 miles to Wycombe but that was still bad enough) here are my thoughts.

Naylor in the last thirty minutes of the boxing day game when Marlon King switched to a right attacking forward targetted Naylor both on the outside and the inside and got found wanting (Similiar abilites to Danny Graham) and I think the Watford manager must have seen this and they targetted this area. Naylor at this level should understand the principles of defending if you stand to tight to your man you have to be strong and hold him up and if you are as slow as him then do not let him turn you and get down for pace and exposed which is what happened every time yesterday - SImple Naylor give the man the yard and it will be so much easier !

One thing that does get me down was the constant booing and chants shouted at Naylor yesterday - As the guy four rows behind me kept shouting how crap he was but I bet you any money he is far far better than you and I dont think he ever set out to have a bad game - We need to get behind the players not criticise them - Did not hear him target any of the players when they made far worse mistakes

On a plus point DJ identified the mistake and put Matthews on with most people cheering but then ten minutes later they are chanting at Dave Jone out - Can the guy win I personally dont think he is the man for the job but as I said to Annis and carl yesterday you cant sack a manager when he is in second place albeit by default but as they say the league table dont lie !

Olifinjana the past few games prior to Coventry went walk abouts and was playing the box to box role we have better players that can do that. Coventry he just sat in front of the back four and did what he did best and broke up play, apart fromm his goal - yesterday he exposed the back four by not doing what he is there to do.

Our ability to go past players yesterday was a concern too many times we would stop check in side and slow the play up - we would also try to play everything down the middle we have two of the best wide men in the league with Whits and Burke and we did not use them apart from the goal whihc showed how easy it was

too many times when we were attacking there was nothing in the box hence why I counted only three or four chances on goal and one of those was when the keeper tried throwing it in the net from what was a comfortable save.

I can see why DJ wants five new players in we have too many that are injury prone Bellamy, Riggot and Bothroyd but I think he needs to clear out the bench as that was weak yesterday.

Players I would move on or loan out Wildig, Quinn, Rae, Matthews and Gypes and if we could cancel the fashion accesory Koumas contract that would be ideal

We need to bring in two rock centre halfs a utility defender that can play right or left back a midfielded in th ilke of a Llee Bowyer or Gary O'Neil and a replacement for Bothroyd (NO NOT HOAWRD) but a Danny Graham style player that has the ability to hold the ball up beat defenders, link up play and score goals and that is not just after yesterdays performance it based on the season and the season before that - Howard is past it