Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Please Sir I Want Some More

Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:41 am

Famous words from a young orphen boy but thats exactly what DJ has been saying to TG & VT for the last month and it appears after yesterdays shambles to be the only way forward for the club. But why? in his own words this is the best squad of players he has had during his time at the club.

Why then can he expect to get away with saying "If we pick up injuries, as we have now (Jay & Craig), you have to look at our bench at the moment, it is not strong enough to do anything with".

The situation with Craig is such that with 7 of our 23 remaining fixtures midweek games he has a maximum of 16 games where he could be involved. This is all a far cry from the press conference where we were told his knee was fine and better than it had been for years, Craig cannot be blamed because of a fitness problem but where is the cover.

DJ will say where can you get cover for Craig Bellamy and to a point he will of course be right, until you think hang on what other club in the Championship has a player of his quality NONE. So the question is where is the covering player of Championship standard in our squad and the same point can be made regarding Jay where is the covering player?

When Jay limped off at the playoff final all our hopes and dreams went with him so why has a player so important to the way we play remained uncovered in the squad. The answer is DJ and his masterplan for this season therefore I will not accept his excuse about having a few players injured it's aweak and pathetic arguement.

Carl has called for the owners to back DJ with funds for additional players in the transfer window, why?. Ask yourself this question if VT was to but the entire Blackpool 1st team squad, and lets face they are currently going well in the PL, what could DJ do with them? Do you think he would get us promoted with that team? Then ask yourself if VT bought the Blackpool 1st team squad plus their manager do you think we would get promoted then?

The reality is our team was beaten before we took the field yesterday because in his head our manager was beaten, in his own words he had nothing on the bench to change anything. Where is the best squad gone? Why can youngsters like Wildig not get a look in? Because our managers head has been turned by the promise of yet more money to waste and sadly thats exactly what he will do with it good money after bad.

VT could buy the entire Chelsea first team squad and still our manager would struggle to get consistent results, as he always has and not just here at Cardiff but throughout his management career. VT should use any money available to pay the guy off and get a younger more tactically aware manager to get this squad across the line.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Please Sir I Want Some More

Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:50 am

castleblue wrote:Famous words from a young orphen boy but thats exactly what DJ has been saying to TG & VT for the last month and it appears after yesterdays shambles to be the only way forward for the club. But why? in his own words this is the best squad of players he has had during his time at the club.

Why then can he expect to get away with saying "If we pick up injuries, as we have now (Jay & Craig), you have to look at our bench at the moment, it is not strong enough to do anything with".

The situation with Craig is such that with 7 of our 23 remaining fixtures midweek games he has a maximum of 16 games where he could be involved. This is all a far cry from the press conference where we were told his knee was fine and better than it had been for years, Craig cannot be blamed because of a fitness problem but where is the cover.

DJ will say where can you get cover for Craig Bellamy and to a point he will of course be right, until you think hang on what other club in the Championship has a player of his quality NONE. So the question is where is the covering player of Championship standard in our squad and the same point can be made regarding Jay where is the covering player?

When Jay limped off at the playoff final all our hopes and dreams went with him so why has a player so important to the way we play remained uncovered in the squad. The answer is DJ and his masterplan for this season therefore I will not accept his excuse about having a few players injured it's aweak and pathetic arguement.

Carl has called for the owners to back DJ with funds for additional players in the transfer window, why?. Ask yourself this question if VT was to but the entire Blackpool 1st team squad, and lets face they are currently going well in the PL, what could DJ do with them? Do you think he would get us promoted with that team? Then ask yourself if VT bought the Blackpool 1st team squad plus their manager do you think we would get promoted then?

The reality is our team was beaten before we took the field yesterday because in his head our manager was beaten, in his own words he had nothing on the bench to change anything. Where is the best squad gone? Why can youngsters like Wildig not get a look in? Because our managers head has been turned by the promise of yet more money to waste and sadly thats exactly what he will do with it good money after bad.

VT could buy the entire Chelsea first team squad and still our manager would struggle to get consistent results, as he always has and not just here at Cardiff but throughout his management career. VT should use any money available to pay the guy off and get a younger more tactically aware manager to get this squad across the line.

to some up your post jones aint got a clue :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:52 am

I c ertainly agree that we lost the game before kick off yesterday. Rigott makes a fine debut, comes off with cramp and is then unfit to play, Bellamy has played one game in three weeks, but isn;t even on the bench and we rely on Gavin Rae to replace Burke. He did his best, but it was all far too late. If I had been in the Watford dressing room with our team sheet before the game, I would once again have believed in Santa. And then we play Whitts on the right and Burke on the left and Blake and Naylor as the left side of defence against two pacy right sided strikers. You have to wonder if DJ even watched their performance against QPR. I have always backed DJ for his ability to keep us moving forward with both hands tied behind his back, but now the cuffs are off, he seems to have forgotten what team spirit and a settled side are - tinkering every game and half the side don't know what they are supposed to be doing. The question is, does he now have too much power as he has nobody to answer to on the playing side of things. I think he could be in real trouble if we don't get a result against The Wurzels.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:32 pm

beddau blue wrote:
castleblue wrote:Famous words from a young orphen boy but thats exactly what DJ has been saying to TG & VT for the last month and it appears after yesterdays shambles to be the only way forward for the club. But why? in his own words this is the best squad of players he has had during his time at the club.

to some up your post jones aint got a clue :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

That's it exactly and I think we just need someone to lift the squad as DJ isn't the man :ayatollah: :ayatollah: