Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Same problems as last season.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:04 am

We played in the play off final last May as you all know. Since that fateful day I've followed our opponents performances in the Prem League, I've obviously followed ours in the Championship as well.

Of the 2 teams at the time of the play off final there can be little doubt we were by far the bigger club, but since that day we don't seem to be any better or consistent than we were then, despite some awe inspiring signings (albeit loans). This I find worrying because and I know it's been said numerous times on this MB that we should be taking the Championship by the scruff of the neck and be the pacemakers in this division...IT'S NOT HAPPENING!

Is our manager not capable?, are our loan players not putting in the same effort as they should because they're only loaned?, is there friction instead of team spirit in the dressing room? is it something else or even a combination of all?

I look at our opponents from the play off and what a vast difference in fortunes..8th in the Prem, unbelievable when you consider that of their 17 matches 11 have been away from home and they've got games in hand on all teams above them.
All credit to them as a club they've confounded everybody week in week out with their displays (a bit like us) and without doubt the right team won and have proved themselves a credit to their town and club, yesterdays win was achieved with about 6 first teamers either injured or suspended, they're breaking the mould that the more money you've got in the Prem the more games you'll win

What a bloody difference down these part huh. We go from world beaters to parks standard on a consistent basis, there's nothing more consistent about City than the fact we are inconsistent!

The worrying thing from my point of view is that bringing in new players will not solve the underlying problem of the team blowing hot and cold.

I just wonder if the managers had been reversed in that play off final would we be the one's enjoying a great season in the Prem right now??