Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

This puts football into perspective

Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:32 pm

My middle son Tommy is 7 next week and my Mrs has taken him and his best mate to the cinema today. His friend is 7 and a few years ago his mum had lung cancer-she was treated and was told it was in remission. Just before Xmas she was unwell and had to go for a biopsy. Looks like she now has a secondary cancer. She ended up in hospital over xmas and the boy ended up at his dads. Father Christmas was unable to visit on time this year-fortunately the boy got the presents a few days late.

However it does make things like yesterdays shite performance seem unimportant and makes me realise how lucky i am to have a happy healthy family.

Re: This puts football into perspective

Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:34 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:However it does make things like yesterdays shite performance seem unimportant and makes me realise how lucky i am to have a happy healthy family.

best thing that can happen entire life :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:37 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:My middle son Tommy is 7 next week and my Mrs has taken him and his best mate to the cinema today. His friend is 7 and a few years ago his mum had lung cancer-she was treated and was told it was in remission. Just before Xmas she was unwell and had to go for a biopsy. Looks like she now has a secondary cancer. She ended up in hospital over xmas and the boy ended up at his dads. Father Christmas was unable to visit on time this year-fortunately the boy got the presents a few days late.

However it does make things like yesterdays shite performance seem unimportant and makes me realise how lucky i am to have a happy healthy family.

best wishes to the lads mother hope everything turns out all right :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:53 pm

beddau blue wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:My middle son Tommy is 7 next week and my Mrs has taken him and his best mate to the cinema today. His friend is 7 and a few years ago his mum had lung cancer-she was treated and was told it was in remission. Just before Xmas she was unwell and had to go for a biopsy. Looks like she now has a secondary cancer. She ended up in hospital over xmas and the boy ended up at his dads. Father Christmas was unable to visit on time this year-fortunately the boy got the presents a few days late.

best wishes to the lads mother hope everything turns out all right :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Not looking good sadly. Hopefully things will change for the better-no 7 year old should see their parent suffer.