Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

James Vaughen To Sign For Bluebirds

Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:55 pm

Well at least according to Talkshite Cardiff have agreed a fee of £2m with Everton and we are in discussions with the player on personal terms.

I think this would be a great signing but does it mean goodbye to Jay in January :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: James Vaughen To Sign For Bluebirds

Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:58 pm

castleblue wrote:Well at least according to Talkshite Cardiff have agreed a fee of £2m with Everton and we are in discussions with the player on personal terms.

I think this would be a great signing but does it mean goodbye to Jay in January :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

£2 million is way off the mark I heard it was £500,000 a fortnight ago :lol: :lol: :lol: - but yes a real good signing

Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:59 pm

castleblue wrote:Well at least according to Talkshite Cardiff have agreed a fee of £2m with Everton and we are in discussions with the player on personal terms.

2 mil ??? jesus christ :shock:

Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:04 pm

I heard from a 'source' that Derek Riordan is coming from Hibs for 250k. Didn't want to come before :(

Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:05 pm

ihatealiens wrote:

£2 million is way off the mark I heard it was £500,000 a fortnight ago :lol: :lol: :lol: - but yes a real good signing

Well it is Talkshite running the story so the price is likely anything between £500K and £2m but still a good signing. :ayatollah:

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/ ... on-striker

But the player is in talks with the Bluebirds on personal terms, DJ is hoping to complete the deal before the Leeds game :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:05 pm

He's no replacement for Jay - if anything he's more an alternative to Chopra.

Good player, but not a target man. £2m is a bit much though. Lets hope the transfer budget isnt being spunked on a player who is no better than what we've already got (Chopra).

Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:13 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

He's no replacement for Jay - if anything he's more an alternative to Chopra.

Good player, but not a target man. £2m is a bit much though. Lets hope the transfer budget isnt being spunked on a player who is no better than what we've already got (Chopra).

£2m is way overpriced in my opinion, and I agree he is not a targetman so would we really be wise spending that sort of money on him?

Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:13 pm

Midfield general wrote:panic buy doesn come to mind here

nah, this guys a top top player. had his fair share of bad injuries but had a good run of 13 games for Palace recently and scored 5 goals. I think he would get a lot more for us.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:18 pm

he's 6ft tall, so could play as a targetman at a push, jay wasnt classed as a targetman til we signed him and turned him into one, 2mill is too much though, he seems to pick up injurys easy and has a scoring record of around 1 in 5, which can be misleading if you are on the bench a lot and moving around on loan ect

Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:19 pm

we need a target man ffs not another striker in the mold of chops.
we already ruined.... sorry had one of those in ross?
we need to bully teams as they do to us.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:21 pm

streamfeeder wrote:he's 6ft tall, so could play as a targetman at a push, jay wasnt classed as a targetman til we signed him and turned him into one, 2mill is too much though, he seems to pick up injurys easy and has a scoring record of around 1 in 5, which can be misleading if you are on the bench a lot and moving around on loan ect

Cant remember him winning a header against us.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:22 pm

fred keenor wrote:we need a target man ffs not another striker in the mold of chops.
we already ruined.... sorry had one of those in ross?
we need to bully teams as they do to us.

^ ^ This

We need a target man.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:23 pm

Midfield general wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:

nah, this guys a top top player. had his fair share of bad injuries but had a good run of 13 games for Palace recently and scored 5 goals. I think he would get a lot more for us.

My comment wasn't about the player it was more about how much the club are prepared to pay for him.

well I know a fortnight ago we were fighting over his signature with leicester and the figure going around was £500,000 if we are paying £2 million I would be astounded his contract is up in the summer I believe and like I say had a lot of injuries and one particularly bad one cruciate I think. So we would be taking a bit of a chance on him with regard to injury. £2 million seems an awful lot of money for a player who can go free in the summer.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:26 pm

ihatealiens wrote:

Absolutely right James Vaughen is a highly rated player and at only 22 years of age his best years are ahead of him. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:27 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
streamfeeder wrote:he's 6ft tall, so could play as a targetman at a push, jay wasnt classed as a targetman til we signed him and turned him into one, 2mill is too much though, he seems to pick up injurys easy and has a scoring record of around 1 in 5, which can be misleading if you are on the bench a lot and moving around on loan ect

Cant remember him winning a header against us.

i was on holidays for the palace game so i don't know, i was just making the point that dave jones and wilkinson did a good job of turning jay into a targetman, so perhaps they are are planning on doing the same to vaughan.
with jay refusing to sign a new contract i think this could be a good signing, my glass is always half full :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:29 pm

Midfield general wrote:

It took Jay 2 years to become a target man and we just dont have that time with Vaughen

Also Jay is 6 ft 3. Vaughan is the same size as Keogh.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:31 pm

as was said earlier Vaughan is more in the Chopra mould - read into that what you will ;)

Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:33 pm

ihatealiens wrote:as was said earlier Vaughan is more in the Chopra mould - read into that what you will ;)

Well Chops has had an arguement with DJ and we ALL know what happens next ;) ;) ;)

Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:34 pm

castleblue wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:as was said earlier Vaughan is more in the Chopra mould - read into that what you will ;)

Well Chops has had an arguement with DJ and we ALL know what happens next ;) ;) ;)

U see through my cryptic posts you boundah :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:37 pm

Midfield general wrote:

It took Jay 2 years to become a target man and we just dont have that time with Vaughen

Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:38 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I heard from a 'source' that Derek Riordan is coming from Hibs for 250k. Didn't want to come before :(

We dont want another Pisshead at the club surely :o

Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:39 pm

I wouldn't like him here myself :(

Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:46 pm

If this is true its a huge risk because of his nightmare injury record.
I would much rather sign a player with a better past injury record but this fella has raw talent and strength and IMO will be a handful if kept fit.

Put him through the medical from hell and if he passes bring him in.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:48 pm

cwmbachbluebird wrote:If this is true its a huge risk because of his nightmare injury record.
I would much rather sign a player with a better past injury record but this fella has raw talent and strength and IMO will be a handful if kept fit.

Hes down BUPA as we speak :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:51 pm

cwmbachbluebird wrote:If this is true its a huge risk because of his nightmare injury record.

Fowler, Sinclair both passed medicals...

Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:55 pm

nerd wrote:

As I stated............the medical from hell. Surely a more robust programe can be designed to focus on his troublesome knee and shoulder concerns. At his age he should come good with game time. Folwer and Sinclair were already has beens. :old:

Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:56 pm

cwmbachbluebird wrote:
nerd wrote:

As I stated............the medical from hell. Surely a more robust programe can be designed to focus on his troublesome knee and shoulder concerns. At his age he should come good with game time. Folwer and Sinclair were already has beens. :old:

Yeah, but this is our medical staff team we're talking about, y'know.

The one who claim Robbie's knee was better than ever after the first bout of expensive treatment...

Re: James Vaughan To Sign For Bluebirds

Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:59 pm

If this Daily Mirror report is to be believed, we must have offered them more than the £2 million, or a better add on clause!

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Tr ... 59475.html

Re: James Vaughan To Sign For Bluebirds

Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:18 pm

Overthemoon wrote:If this Daily Mirror report is to be believed, we must have offered them more than the £2 million, or a better add on clause!

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Tr ... 59475.html

No the report says they want £2 million pounds for him and Hull were unwilling to pay this

Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:21 pm

Hopefully, he is class :D