Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" I WILL UPSET QUITE A FEW FANS ON THIS OPINION "

Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:41 pm

" I WILL UPSET QUITE A FEW FANS ON THIS OPINION "

I Believe even if Dave Jones was given £5 Million in January, He still would Not take us up.

Just look back at his history, he gets a team together, with a lot of Has beens/Big Names/Injury prone players, They jell like they did at Pompey and at Leeds, then weeks later, they end up all not believing in themselves/despondent/not playing as a team etc

One by one Dave Jones seems to turn on these players, except of course his favourites.

Also WE NEED A CAPTAIN/LEADER Who Can play every game(Bells every other game its NOT GOOD ENOUGH), just look at yesterday, we could of lost by 6, Rem Preston Away and Peterborough etc, Jones NEVER HAS BACKBONE/BOTTLE in HIS TEAMS and if there is any he runs them out.

He loves paying Big wages for CRAP.

My Opinion, but I believe Facts back it up.

I DO BELIEVE WE HAVE THE BEST SQUAD IN THIS DIVISION, BUT DJ DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO MOTIVATE and TACTICALLY PLAY THEM.

Re: " I WILL UPSET QUITE A FEW FANS ON THIS OPINION "

Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" I WILL UPSET QUITE A FEW FANS ON THIS OPINION "

I Believe even if Dave Jones was given £5 Million in January, He still would Not take us up.

Just look back at his history, he gets a team together, with a lot of Has beens/Big Names/Injury prone players, They jell like they did at Pompey and at Leeds, then weeks later, they end up all not believing in themselves/despondent/not playing as a team etc

One by one Dave Jones seems to turn on these players, except of course his favourites.

Also WE NEED A CAPTAIN/LEADER Who Can play every game(Bells every other game its NOT GOOD ENOUGH), just look at yesterday, we could of lost by 6, Rem Preston Away and Peterborough etc, Jones NEVER HAS BACKBONE/BOTTLE in HIS TEAMS and if there is any he runs them out.

I DO BELIEVE WE HAVE THE BEST SQUAD IN THIS DIVISION, BUT DJ DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO MOTIVATE and TACTICALLY PLAY THEM.

Well I'm not gonna be around to witness it this season, I've had enough of it all down there and will not return until Jones is gone.

It's like this....I've been transported back in time to 1912 and I've won a free ticket to travel first class to sail from Cobh to new York on the Tiatanic.

There's just no point getting on it is there?.....The captains a mug :(

Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:55 pm

Nothing in there to upset me just saying it as it is, I'm still hoping DJ will join Laws & Ferguson on the out of work list.

Now it would be party time in my house if that happens :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by castleblue on Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:55 pm

agree on that but dont agree with terry burton taking over ,we need a new manager that will make us competetive if and when we go uo cause if jones stays we would come straight back down without a fight

Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:57 pm

Keep the faith Annis, he will take us up :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I wouldnt really say he signs injury prone players. Riggot was one but we knew he was coming injured and its why it was a risk.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:58 pm

evans above wrote:agree on that but dont agree with terry burton taking over ,we need a new manager that will make us competetive if and when we go uo cause if jones stays we would come straight back down without a fight

I only said Terry Burton if we couldnt get other managers like Big Sam.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:00 pm

as much as i am a fan of dj, he has been great for the club, and has done fantastically well to stabalise a ship that has had to sail thru some stormy waters, i still think we owe him till the end of the season even though he will probably fail. also, what message would it send to potential candidates for the job, sacking a man when his team is 2nd in the league.
i do agree with what your saying, personally i reckon he would need to spend closer to 20million to get us up!
one other thing i would add, dave jones has always tried to get his teams to play attractive football, i would rather watch failure with one of dave jones teams than success under an alladice or pulis long ball merchant, or the tripe that passes for possession football down swansea

Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:02 pm

ok but i dont think it would work we need a clean sweep, as i said before we need new ideas and tactics thats just my opinion

Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
evans above wrote:agree on that but dont agree with terry burton taking over ,we need a new manager that will make us competetive if and when we go uo cause if jones stays we would come straight back down without a fight

He's no good to us ffs ....... Mark Hughes woul be better than him.

but who would appoint the next manager?

Do the Malays know anything about English football?

Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:09 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

He's no good to us ffs ....... Mark Hughes woul be better than him.

but who would appoint the next manager?

Do the Malays know anything about English football?

Carl will reveal tomorrow Night :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30128 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:17 pm

i am dj fan but dj will not take us up even if you give him money i will stick to my guns we will be below the playoffs.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:19 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:

i am dj fan but dj will not take us up even if you give him money i will stick to my guns we will be below the playoffs.

are bench did not show we have good squad yest mind? do you have faith in wildig matthews quinn koumas rae? want my opinion i don't . that might upset a few aswell.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:21 pm

I'm concerend that the squad isn;t playing as it should be. Tactics aside, we should still be ripping teams apart no matter what formation we play. We had it nailed during OCtober so where has it went wrong?

The players AND the mangement need to take a good long hard look at themselves.

£5 million isn't alot of money these days either.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:23 pm

I hope he spends whatever money he is given on players who have some pace and power, both hopefully because we def need that type to supplement our undoubted more skilful players we posess .also i think we have missed ledleys workrate in midfield massively.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:35 pm

Annis, some fair points but I do disagree with the statement you make;

"I DO BELIEVE WE HAVE THE BEST SQUAD IN THIS DIVISION"

The bench yesterday was very weak & didn't have one game changer (based on current form) on it.
Rae - Long past his prime
Gyepes - Lost form
Quinn - Out of favour & had very few good games for us
Koumas - No form/confidence
Matthews - Out of favour (when did you last see him play well)
Wildig - untried

That's before you look at some of the starting 11!
Blake - not up to it at this level
Naylor - weak link

This to me isn't the best squad in the division.

Maybe we'll soon have the depth of squad we need, but we don't have it now.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:40 pm

The fact that we could end up keeping Dave Jones on the technicality of being second is the issue that would upset me. Having come through these two months relatively unscathed, but with the fals dawn last week and then yesterdays 'performance', I really think we will sink soon, players or not. It is upto DJ to prove the many doubters wrong. That's IF he is still in a position to....

Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:45 pm

100% agree Annis.. As you know, I made my views clear on DJ Christmas day! He needs to climb down from his thrown and take a serious look at himself! I know teams lose games no matter who they are, but with our squad we should be picking up points more than we are :?

Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:47 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:Do the Malays know anything about English football?

Well they did buy the best team in Wales :D :ayatollah: ;)

Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:53 pm

Dave Jones is Cardiff City's version of the Elephant in the sitting room. He is allowed to tinker away with a team which is already talented enough to run away with this league, so that the larger and most obvious problem (DJ himself) gets overlooked and ignored.

At some point VT is going to have to deal with the DJ problem, but probably his thinking is he will back him enough to limp over the promotion line this season and then get rid in the summer.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:01 pm

loan players arent helping either, ok, bellamy cardiff boy, but the others are going back to there clubs if we do go up, so weres the incentive, dont say money, because i think that aint an incentive, they get there money when they go back to there respected clubs?

Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:04 pm

Is our current team really talented enough though?
Is a bit of desire and a different manager all we need to turn Naylor and Hudson into quality defenders?

Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:29 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:

Well I'm not gonna be around to witness it this season, I've had enough of it all down there and will not return until Jones is gone.

It's like this....I've been transported back in time to 1912 and I've won a free ticket to travel first class to sail from Cobh to new York on the Tiatanic.

There's just no point getting on it is there?.....The captains a mug :(

I just can't understand how people can jack it all in like that. I look forward to each and every City game like it's Christmas and I'm 40 years old. And we're in with a great chance of reaching the top flight for the first time in my lifetime.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:01 am

I think Jones will be here to the end of the season. I am not in favour of Jones any more I do not like the way he reacts to the local press some of his moans piss me off and he bottles it at big games.

He is also to my biggest annoyance no good with our youngsters, Mathews is no worse than Naylor the difference Mathews will get better Naylor will not and as already said Wildig is untried why? lets try the lad I was saying the same of Blake and he has done well for us certainly no worse than Gypes and naylor.

Ramsay never played enough even keeping on the bench for the FA cup final this is a lad that the top Prem teams like man u Arsenal were fighting over and Jones didnt play him then the Gunter situation.

I think Mathews and whildig should be tried as they wont do any worse than some of our players are doing now