Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TRANSFER WINDOW FOR CARDIFF NOW AND YEARS AGO

Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:44 am

what a difference a few years make.

sometimes i just look back and go WOW how far have we come so fast in short space of times in football years.

Re: TRANSFER WINDOW FOR CARDIFF NOW AND YEARS AGO

Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:59 am

ye ten years ago when we played stoke and got relagated wud u have ever thought that in ten years time wed have been to wmbley 3 time and had a player like craig bellamy in the team !

Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:00 pm

16silverhillbobbank wrote:ye ten years ago when we played stoke and got relagated wud u have ever thought that in ten years time wed have been to wmbley 3 time and had a player like craig bellamy in the team !

how times change aint it? years in football feel like seconds on time that what i think anyway.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:24 pm

I remember us breaking our record transfer fee back in 1982 when we signed Godfrey Ingram from San Jose Earthquakes - I think for £110,000.

:old:

Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:19 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:I remember us breaking our record transfer fee back in 1982 when we signed Godfrey Ingram from San Jose Earthquakes - I think for £110,000.

:old:

Didnt he then return to San Jose Earthquakes for the same price, saw him scorce against Gillingham, his only goal for us i believe :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:36 pm

Yep thats the guy.

Just checked on Wiki. He played about 11 games for us!

Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:37 pm

I remember being chuffed to bits when we actually paid £26,500 to buy a player when we brought Terry Boyle to the club, simpler times...and as for spending £60,000 on Cohen Griffiths, the stuff of a madmans dreams...

Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:42 pm

I remember being chuffed to bits when we actually paid £26,500 to buy a player when we brought Terry Boyle to the club, simpler times...and as for spending £60,000 on Cohen Griffiths, the stuff of a madmans dreams...