Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WAYNE ROUTLEDGE & QPR

Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:03 pm

I see WR is a potential target for CCFC

I'm interested to know what was WR like when he played for you lot?

At QPR he was decent & you could see his obvious talents but the club was in tatters at the time with boardroom feuds & sacking managers every week so we never got to see the best of him. My only reservation is that he hardly ever scores & actually has a very low rate of assists. Why do you think he has had so many clubs at such a young age?

If you were to sign him who would drop out? Burke? (would love Burke at Rangers, best player v us) :geek:

Re: WAYNE ROUTLEDGE & QPR

Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:04 pm

Until you do the :ayatollah: :ayatollah: not answering you ;)

Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:05 pm

typenamehere wrote:Until you do the :ayatollah: :ayatollah: not answering you ;)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol:

Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:06 pm

C-MOB wrote:I see WR is a potential target for CCFC

At QPR he was decent & you could see his obvious talents but the club was in tatters at the time with boardroom feuds & sacking managers every week so we never got to see the best of him. My only reservation is that he hardly ever scores & actually has a very low rate of assists. Why do you think he has had so many clubs at such a young age?

If you were to sign him who would drop out? Burke? (would love Burke at Rangers, best player v us) :geek:

Routledge was shit hot for us. Fast and skilful - a couple of times he ripped sides apart. Still have a vision of the Jacks left back (Bessone - now at Leeds) rugby tackling him when Routs left him for dead !

Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:06 pm

typenamehere wrote:Until you do the :ayatollah: :ayatollah: not answering you ;)

Lol

He was awesome for us and I believe his move to you cost us a play off place at least, possible an auto spot.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:11 pm

Hmm interesting. Seems he was a hit with you.

I would like to see him at QPR again as I believe under NW he would rip sides apart but the general talk between R's fans is they wouldn't have him back in place of Jamie Mackie as that would be the natural replacement, Mackie works his bollocks off & I'm not sure WR would do the same.

So would it be Burke to go if you signed him? I really rate Burke.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:12 pm

C-MOB wrote:Hmm interesting. Seems he was a hit with you.

I would like to see him at QPR again as I believe under NW he would rip sides apart but the general talk between R's fans is they wouldn't have him back in place of Jamie Mackie as that would be the natural replacement, Mackie works his bollocks off & I'm not sure WR would do the same.

Yes, well he would either replace Burke or Bellamny and I can't see it being Bellamy to be honest :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:15 pm

chippy909 wrote:

Yes, well he would either replace Burke or Bellamny and I can't see it being Bellamy to be honest :ayatollah:

I find that odd chippy, obviously I haven't seen as much of Burke as you guys but from what I have seen he looks really good going forward. At QPR he was easily your best player. Everytime he got the ball facing Clint Hill I had a heart attack, don't know why DJ would replace him.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:18 pm

Stan, Routledge is Quality .

Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:19 pm

he has family issues and is looking to go back to scotland.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:21 pm

Do you think it's a strong possibility Annis? :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Totally agree Annis, on his day he can be devastating. I would be gutted if he signed for you, simply because you are I see as our main rivals for the title & he is a top player.

hirwaunbluebird-fair point thank you.
Last edited by Stan-QPR on Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:22 pm

Alot of talk about Burke moving on. He has family problems in Scotland so its rumoured he wants to go back there. Also he has been linked with a move ot Birmingham. Its safe to say he could be on his way hence why the talk about Routledge.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:23 pm

He was class for us, but we hated him cos he quickly changed his mind and joined your lot. How times change :D

Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:23 pm

wigstar wrote:Do you think it's a strong possibility Annis? :ayatollah:

Wiggy, Newcastle want All the Money up front, VT Says Def No, But DJ Says he wants him ?

Hmm

Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:24 pm

C-MOB wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Totally agree Annis, on his day he can be devastating. I would be gutted if he signed for you, simply because you are I see as our main rivals for the title & he is a top player.

Stan, Routledge could be the icing on the cake for us and make us the finished article.
hirwaunbluebird-fair point thank you.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Wiggy, Newcastle want All the Money up front, VT Says Def No, But DJ Says he wants him ?

Hmm

Burkes goes we will have the money.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:27 pm

I'm a little worried now.

Talk of Routledge & Woodgate & we are not looking to spend just make 1-2 loans. :(

Gonna be interesting few months. I can see our game at CCS in April as an absolute gargantuan affair!!! :lol:

Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:29 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Hmm

Burkes goes we will have the money.

Yes Ian, agreed .

Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Hmm

Perhaps Jonesy can lent VT a few quid! :shock: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:42 pm

wigstar wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Hmm

Perhaps Jonesy can lent VT a few quid! :shock: :ayatollah:

:lol:

Jones is worth about £5 Mill himself.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:46 pm

Perhaps Jones should make a financial contribution to fund the deal, he seems adept at pissing other peoples money up the wall.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:48 pm

I can see Burkey going now, in order for Jones to get the funding for Routledge. Keogh/Koumas as back up. All fitting into place now :old:

Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Jones is worth about £5 Mill himself.

Only a few quid behind you then AA ;)

:ayatollah:

Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:14 pm

Blue'76' wrote:Perhaps Jones should make a financial contribution to fund the deal, he seems adept at pissing other peoples money up the wall.

Now that's funny! LOL

Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:24 pm

ROUTLEDGE is this the same guy who fucked off to chase the£££s.tbh i dont give a f**k if we dont get him :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:51 pm

C-MOB wrote:
chippy909 wrote:

I find that odd chippy, obviously I haven't seen as much of Burke as you guys but from what I have seen he looks really good going forward. At QPR he was easily your best player. Everytime he got the ball facing Clint Hill I had a heart attack, don't know why DJ would replace him.

On his day Burke is a class act. the problem is, if he fails twice to eat his man he disappears - and if he isnt beating his man he doesnt do a lot more. He's lightweight and gets knocked off the ball easily. He has though got the rare talent of being able to squeeze every yard out of the pitch and regularly gets crosses in when you dont think he'll find the space. Downside is sometimes his crossing is poor.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:53 pm

Lawnmower good post & shows me the other side to his game. Like I say from what I've seen he looks tidy.

Would you keep him?

Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:59 pm

CNOB why are you worried about signings in January ? You are running away with this league why mend something that isn't broken ? Any signings could disrupt what is a very happy camp at QPR. Not like are lot which are allegedly arguing like feck. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:02 pm

yea and DJ subbed burke off that day also :lol: :lol: