Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: WAYNE ROUTLEDGE & QPR

Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:04 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:CNOB why are you worried about signings in January ? You are running away with this league why mend something that isn't broken ? Any signings could disrupt what is a very happy camp at QPR. Not like are lot which are allegedly arguing like feck. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Come on now micro penis no need for abuse, we are having an adult debate here.

About your point, we have been very lucky with regards to injuries & suspensions but with a long hard slog til may I'm sure we will feel the bite so strength in depth is a must. We are in the best position we have been in for 15 years since we dropped out of the Prem, why take the risk of not strengthening? I agree about team spirit but NW is no fool. Unlike DJ :lol:

Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:07 pm

CNOB where was the abuse ? And micro penis !!! have you been talking with my missus ? Any way that aint abuse you would know it if i did coz im good at it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:10 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:CNOB where was the abuse ? And micro penis !!! have you been talking with my missus ? Any way that aint abuse you would know it if i did coz im good at it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fair play micro penis... Looking forward to your best :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:20 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:CNOB why are you worried about signings in January ? You are running away with this league why mend something that isn't broken ? Any signings could disrupt what is a very happy camp at QPR. Not like are lot which are allegedly arguing like feck. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I think qpr need to sign a big name player in the same mould as tarrabt,because me thinks if they did lose him wether it be through transfer or injury they would struggle to maintain there current form.MASSIVE player for you lot be wise to bring in cover!

Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:26 pm

pokie1 wrote:

I think qpr need to sign a big name player in the same mould as tarrabt,because me thinks if they did lose him wether it be through transfer or injury they would struggle to maintain there current form.MASSIVE player for you lot be wise to bring in cover!

Pokie good point but where on gods earth will we get another player remotely near Adel's talent? He is simply unbelievable & make no mistake without players like Derry & Ali Faurlin mopping up, breaking up play, & giving him the freedom to roam he wouldn't be half the player so a lot of credit has to go to them lads. We are by no means a 1 man team but I agree Taarabt is THE main man. I would like CB cover & a young nippy striker ie; Austin, Simon Cox & dare I say it Kevin Phillips

Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:28 pm

If another club comes in willing to give Newcastle £2m up front then we
wont get him. If not, they will come to the table and talk.

Up front 'Cash' deals are pretty much unheard of these days though.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:30 pm

C-MOB wrote:
pokie1 wrote:

Pokie good point but where on gods earth will we get another player remotely near Adel's talent? He is simply unbelievable & make no mistake without players like Derry & Ali Faurlin mopping up, breaking up play, & giving him the freedom to roam he wouldn't be half the player so a lot of credit has to go to them lads. We are by no means a 1 man team but I agree Taarabt is THE main man. I would like CB cover & a young nippy striker ie; Austin, Simon Cox & dare I say it Kevin Phillips

Fair comment mate kevin phillips would be a nice signing for either of us at this stage of the season,f**k me he scores goals for fun at this level.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:36 pm

Defo and saw him on the box the other day & the fella still looks as fit as a fiddle.

Would still prefer Chops though if he's available :D

Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:43 pm

C-MOB wrote:Defo and saw him on the box the other day & the fella still looks as fit as a fiddle.

yeah mate he is fit as f**k for his age and could do a job in this league no probs! Chops on his day and without the belly is awesome and unplayable,but he hasnt been doing it for a while now and is clearly unhappy and i wouldnt be suprised to see him go in this window.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:48 pm

pokie1 wrote:
C-MOB wrote:Defo and saw him on the box the other day & the fella still looks as fit as a fiddle.

yeah mate he is fit as f**k for his age and could do a job in this league no probs! Chops on his day and without the belly is awesome and unplayable,but he hasnt been doing it for a while now and is clearly unhappy and i wouldnt be suprised to see him go in this window.

I read that DJ will not be letting any of his front men go but I don't buy it. A player wants to play especially one with the tools Chopra holds. He would grace every team in this division.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:49 pm

burke is a massive fans fav here, and our only decent song is about him :lol:
if he goes il miss him :oops:
if he stays and we sign routledge we'll have to change the words 8-)

Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:48 am

milly44 wrote:burke is a massive fans fav here, and our only decent song is about him :lol:

:lol:

Mill honestly who would you prefer Routs or Burke?

I would take Burke although I'm a WR fan.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:54 am

C-MOB wrote:
milly44 wrote:burke is a massive fans fav here, and our only decent song is about him :lol:

oooooooh you b*stard :| thats a tuff one at 00.51am

burke is consistenly our biggest threat. jay can go missing, chops isnt as effective when jay goes missing, and bellamy isnt firing at present. but you can usually rely on burkey to be a threat for 90mins.

but routledge for the short time he was here he was superb.

hmmm toss for me c - mob :D ( a coin aswell if you got one) :D

heads - burke
tails - routs

let me know :lol:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:04 am

Burke was awful against Watford. Can see him going which is why we're going for Routledge who I'm not sure would be too good in the dressing room. You can't doubt the lads talent, just we need him to be levelheaded if he's coming back. I'd take Burke any day on his day but I can only see us having one of the two.

As for QPR and big names, whats happened with Adrian Mutu? Would be a brilliant signing.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:10 am

milly44 wrote:
C-MOB wrote:

oooooooh you b*stard :| thats a tuff one at 00.51am

burke is consistenly our biggest threat. jay can go missing, chops isnt as effective when jay goes missing, and bellamy isnt firing at present. but you can usually rely on burkey to be a threat for 90mins.

but routledge for the short time he was here he was superb.

hmmm toss for me c - mob :D ( a coin aswell if you got one) :D

heads - burke
tails - routs

let me know :lol:

:lol: :lol:

After a good ol toss it was ................Heads mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:12 am

sammorgz wrote:
As for QPR and big names, whats happened with Adrian Mutu? Would be a brilliant signing.

To be fair mate I'd probably put it down to paper talk. Would be an unbelievable signing (maybe even better than Bellamys) but can't see it. He owes Chelsea £17M can't see us paying him enough to make a dent in that! :D

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:15 am

C-MOB wrote:
sammorgz wrote:

To be fair mate I'd probably put it down to paper talk. Would be an unbelievable signing (maybe even better than Bellamys) but can't see it. He owes Chelsea £17M can't see us paying him enough to make a dent in that! :D

Just Warnock didn't seem to distance himself a huge amount from the possibility. Who is Mutu playing for these days? And the lad surely must need some sort of drug testing before he came anywhere near your club, hasn't he been caught 2-3 times?

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:20 am

sammorgz wrote:
C-MOB wrote:
sammorgz wrote:

Just Warnock didn't seem to distance himself a huge amount from the possibility. Who is Mutu playing for these days? And the lad surely must need some sort of drug testing before he came anywhere near your club, hasn't he been caught 2-3 times?

You are right about Warnock & I actually thought the same thing. Hmmm who knows.

He is at Fiorentina at the moment & is just back from a 9 month ban. Well we have Paddy Kenny also imagine them 2 out at the weekend together! :o

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:29 am

You are right about Warnock & I actually thought the same thing. Hmmm who knows.

He is at Fiorentina at the moment & is just back from a 9 month ban. Well we have Paddy Kenny also imagine them 2 out at the weekend together! :o

Haha! I dont think Paddy Kenny's quite in the same mould ;) make sure he doesnt get a cold, he'll be going hardcore on the drugs if he does!

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:33 am

you tossed for me cmob :D :D
glad it was head. burke was my preferance all along :lol:
shame we wont see him in a city again. not for long anyway :cry:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:39 am

Routledge is an overpaid and over rated prima donna. Why do some want a player back who walked out on us without even saying goodbye to his team mates when someone offered more money. At the reported £2 million up front, there must be better options out there. Until/Unless Burke actually goes, do we even need someone in this position??