Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WENT TO AN ALZHEIMER'S PROTEST MARCH TODAY

Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:40 pm

There was a huge turnout and no trouble, but it was funny watching them all marching and shouting out "what do we want, I can't remember" "when do we want it, want what?" hope it achieves something positive. :shock:

Re: WENT TO AN ALZHEIMER'S PROTEST MARCH TODAY

Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:46 pm

Was going to post a smart response but cant remeber now what it was :D :lol:

Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:47 pm

Was going to post a smart response but cant remeber now what it was :D :lol:

Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:51 pm

Thats no joke my old man past away with that,dont want to be a killjoy but it was,nt very pleasent.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:00 am

its just a joke pal. dont catch feelings

Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:43 am

ive got alzheimers, but at least i havnt got alzheimers..

Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:20 am

On a serious note,I have had and still am going thru many personal tragedies and illness's, keeping a sense of humour even if it is black or sick helps to keep me going.

I have always been able to laugh at myself and whilst I try not to laugh AT people who have problems, I willingly will laugh along with people that have problems, I have held people's hand on their death bed who's last words were a joke, things like it could be worse I could have been a jack etc.

I hope no matter how ill I get I still hope to keep my sense of humour, perhaps its a Valleys thing but I can't speak for everyone, but most of my friends and acquaintances up here share a similar black humour.

Didn't set out to offend anyone but possibly people of a delicate disposition should avoid this board or at the very least my posts, to those that enjoy a laff even if it involves them, may it continue and may you smile till you die.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:22 am

BigGwynram wrote:On a serious note,I have had and still am going thru many personal tragedies and illness's, keeping a sense of humour even if it is black or sick helps to keep me going.

I have always been able to laugh at myself and whilst I try not to laugh AT people who have problems, I willingly will laugh along with people that have problems, I have held people's hand on their death bed who's last words were a joke, things like it could be worse I could have been a jack etc.

I hope no matter how ill I get I still hope to keep my sense of humour, perhaps its a Valleys thing but I can't speak for everyone, but most of my friends and acquaintances up here share a similar black humour.

Didn't set out to offend anyone but possibly people of a delicate disposition should avoid this board or at the very least my posts, to those that enjoy a laff even if it involves them, may it continue and may you smile till you die.

My father in law has Alzheimers mate but like you he would still probably laugh his bollox off at this joke - keep em coming Gwyn :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:25 pm

BigGwynram wrote:On a serious note,I have had and still am going thru many personal tragedies and illness's, keeping a sense of humour even if it is black or sick helps to keep me going.

Well said Gwyn, you have to keep a sense of humour, even through the worst times :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:59 pm

ihatealiens wrote:

My father in law has Alzheimers mate but like you he would still probably laugh his bollox off at this joke - keep em coming Gwyn :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Dont be daft Aliens - he'd forget the start of the joke by the time it got to the punch line!

On a serious note..... if you cant have a laugh in this f*cking world you may as well be dead anyway! keep em coming Gwyn although some of them are f*cking shite!

Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:42 pm

f**k sake their free ain't they. :lol:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:12 pm

I just wrapped up my mothers Christmas present from last year.

Thankfully her Alzheimers is getting worse.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:15 pm

Daya wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:

Dont be daft Aliens - he'd forget the start of the joke by the time it got to the punch line!
On a serious note..... if you cant have a laugh in this f*cking world you may as well be dead anyway! keep em coming Gwyn although some of them are f*cking shite!

Funnily enough your spot on there, although some days he is better than others but still got his sense of humour, which I think is fantastic.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:43 pm

My father died of Alzheimers. That was a couple of years ago but in reality I lost him 5 years before that.

There will always be this type of humour for all disadvantages. Its the timing of it that matters. I can laugh at this on a mb but would have looked at it differently 2 years ago. However how was the world to know 2 years ago what I was going through? Those around me yes but the rest of the world?

Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:21 pm

The good thing about Alzheimer's is they get to meet new people every day :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Even though my Nan died of this horrible disease i can still crack a joke or share a joke as long as it was done in the right way. But i bet my bottom dollar she would of laughed at Gwyn's joke . You have to laugh to get through tragedies. My Wife has MS but she makes jokes about it. Laughter as they say is the best medicine. Image

Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:19 pm

BigGwynram wrote:There was a huge turnout and no trouble, but it was funny watching them all marching and shouting out "what do we want, I can't remember" "when do we want it, want what?" hope it achieves something positive. :shock:

hi,mate,called round this morning and you were out,were did you go :D :D :D

Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:35 pm

An Alzheimer's meeting he forgot you was coming and he ended up at Tesco's :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:57 am

Keep yer chins up, Big Gwyn....

Humour in the face of adversity....that's why we're all City supporters!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:57 am

Keep yer chins up, Big Gwyn....

Humour in the face of adversity....that's why we're all City supporters!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: