Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

My New Years Resolution is

Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:17 am

To stop having a go at DJ and to accept everything he says,does and yes everytime he selects Naylor well I'll be with him, standing alongside him 100%. The problem with this of course is that very few people keep to their New Years resolutions beyond the first few days of the new year and even if your not thinking about a resolution to support DJ through thick and thin here are 7 reasons why he will be the cause of you failing to keep your resolution.

So what are the 7 top New Years Resolutions;

1: To Lose Weight;

This is of course a non starter for any Cardiff City fan especially given the disappointments of the last few years. What with our annual dropping out of the play offs or losing playoff finals with abject performances the only thing left is a bit of comfort eating for some. So you may as well make a resolution to put on as much weight as possible and when DJ is in the full throws of his annual f**k up you can always go down to the stadium concourse and break the world record for eating the most burgers, bacon rolls and hot dogs in 90 minutes.

2: Follow Your Dreams;

This is of course a non starter for any Cardiff City fan especially given the disappointments of the last few years. For most of us our DREAM is to watch the Bluebirds play in the PL but with our annual dropping out of the play offs or losing playoff finals with abject performances the only certain thing we are left with each May is disappointment. So you may as well make a resolution to put start some form of therapy to prepare yourself for when DJ is in the full throws of his annual f**k that way at the very least you will be prepared to deal with the disappointment and not end up as one of the fat bastards who were trying to lose weight.

3: Spend More Time With Your Family;

This is of course a non starter for any Cardiff City fan especially given the disappointments of the last few years. Whilst ALL of us would like to spend more quality time with the family the reality is from August to May we live the DREAM from one game to another hoping that this is the year the Bluebirds reach in the PL but with our annual dropping out of the play offs or losing playoff finals with abject performances the only certain thing we are left with each May is disappointment. You may as well face facts and that most Sunday mornings you will be so hungover having watched the crap the day before you can barely reach over the toilet bowl to get a drink never mind find the will, motivation or desire to catch your next breath nevermind find the time your loving family deserve. That what being a city fan means.

4: Stop Drinking So Much;

This is of course a non starter for any Cardiff City fan especially given the disappointments of the last few years. Why should we stop doing what comes so naturally to ALL of us and what are we supposed to do what with our annual dropping out of the play offs or losing playoff finals with abject performances the only certain thing we are left with each May is disappointment. You may as well face facts and that most Sunday mornings you will be so hungover having watched the crap the day before you can barely reach over the toilet bowl to get a drink never mind find the will, motivation or desire to catch your next breath. And try not to worry about that growing bear belly afterall what are expandable waist trousers for.

5: Learn Something New;

This is of course a non starter for any Cardiff City fan especially given the disappointments of the last few years. Unfortunately in this context, new is often a synonym for completely unachievable. Your not going to start brewing your own beer this year so why not work on learning something realistic and productive, like how much Strongbow it takes for your wife to understand what it really means to be a Bluebird fan what with our annual dropping out of the play offs or losing playoff finals with abject performances the only certain thing we are left with each May is disappointment. Why can't our other haof understand why we are so hungover every Sunday morning having watched the crap the day before, and thats the reason we can barely reach over the toilet bowl to get a drink never mind find the will, motivation or desire to catch your next breath or tell them how much we love them. See what I mean about unachievable

6: Relax More;

This is of course a non starter for any Cardiff City fan especially given the disappointments of the last few years. What with our annual dropping out of the play offs or losing playoff finals with abject performances the only certain thing we are left with each May is disappointment. So short of taking up yoga or buying a couple of Feng Shui books it's never going to happen, you could of course stop supporting the Bluebirds,that might work, but then again you would probably miss being hung over every Sunday morning trying to reach over the toilet bowl to get a drink unable to find the will, motivation or desire to catch your next breath. It's just not going to happen is it.

7: Try To Be A Better Person;

Yes Mother Teresa, this sounds very impressive to say aloud, but it’s practically impossible to do. Be honest would you give up your seat on the bus for a pregnant woman? And do you really plan to donate all your money to charity? Unless you’re a serial killer who can actively be a better person by refraining from murder, it’s a lost cause. Especially as a Cardiff City fan given the disappointments of the last few years. How many of us were still thinking they could stick their F*****g Donkeys up their arse after the playoff final, you see football fans are all alike goodwill to all men, Bollocks, goodwill to all bluebirds fans the rest can stick it. Be a better person my arse never going to happen.

So as Bluebird fans forget about making New Year Resolutions you will only break them, I expect to keep mine until at least 3.00pm on 1st January the rest is up to DJ :lol: :lol: :lol:

For the rest of you the reality is some if not all will become comfort eating, beer swilling, chain smoking, manic depressives who all want deep down to be good, harding working family men.

Never mind Happy New Year to you ALL and lets hope 2011 will be the Year of the Bluebirds :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: My New Years Resolution is

Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:26 am

Your hoping arent you?

My guess is you'll keep your resolution until about 2:15pm when the team is announced! :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:29 am

:lol: :lol:

I cant do half of that :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:10 pm

j3nko wrote:Your hoping arent you?

My guess is you'll keep your resolution until about 2:15pm when the team is announced! :ayatollah:

Just watched his pre match interview and I'm struggling already :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote::lol: :lol:

I cant do half of that :lol: :ayatollah:

I'm really good at the expandable trousers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:27 pm

That's Quality :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :lol: :lol: