Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" NEW YEAR'S EVE 2010 UPDATE "

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:17 pm

Just a quick something regarding team news at Watford, I have it on good authority that Chris Riggott was fit and able to play and not the ' stiff as a board ' as DJ claimed. Without getting anyone in trouble this information is accurate because of it's source and I led to understand that Riggott was not told why he had been left out. Not such a strange decision given the lack of game time but certainly strange not to talk it through with the player though.

For those who are interested and may have missed this bit of news, if City get promoted this season then the wages that Man City have been paying of Bellamy's wages will be paid back in full by City from the money they would receive from going up.

The latest on James Vaughan is, Dave Jones agreed a fee in the region of £1million plus add ons with Vaughan's agent and also the personal terms and this was then taken back to Everton who were expecting the whole of the £1million up front. The deal and negotiating are now in the hands of Chief Executive Gethin Jenkins who is trying to come to a compromise with Everton over the up front fee, City had hoped that half now and the rest in the Summer would have been sufficient but Everton want assurances that the money will be available even if we are not successful with promotion.

Parkin from Preston is set to have a medical today.

The situation is not too dissimilar of that with Routledge and Newcastle, they are prepared to sell but are seeking the majority of the money up front.

The big news though is regarding Sam Hammam and Langston. I believe that everyone knows the date to finalise the deal at a reduced amount ends at midnight tonight and I can inform you that Sam Hammam flew into London yesterday from Colorado for a 5 hour stop en route to his home in Lebanon.

During the 5 hours Sam was in the Great Britain he met with representatives of the Vincent tan for 2 and a half hours but no deal has been reached.

I am disappointed as a City fan that the club has not taken the opportunity to satisfy the debt at a reduced amount and also I actually feel for Sam Hammam and Langston who have remained patient for a long time. Throughout our struggles with creditors, other football clubs, the Taxman and the High Court, Sam Hammam has remained silent and allowed the club to deal with the problems it had to face over recent times, there has been no pressure by Sam or by Langston to push the club and what we all must remember is that this reduced figure and time frame to settle was requested by the club and not by Langston or Sam Hammam.

There is no hold over Sam Hammam nor have they ' got anything on him ', it has been simply that they have decided not to pay the agreed amount by 31st December 2010.

Sam is disappointed and I would go as far as to say saddened but I can also state that he is strong and he knows now that being patient and nice about such matters has not brought any success in concluding a deal. It is my opinion that there will be a change of tact by Langston in the New Year and only time will tell where it will end up.

What is Vincent Tan's plan ?

This is a massive gamble that I pray comes off for Cardiff City Football Club.

Re: Sticky : " NEW YEAR'S EVE 2010 UPDATE "

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:21 pm

Interesting :shock: , Cheers Carl. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thanks Carl.

Another good update.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

And I was hoping you were gonna tell me Messi had signed!!

Same old Cardiff City...

Really strange tactics by VT.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:22 pm

That's it???????????????, how many other players have agreed to join us and only the fee needs to be agreed as quoted via Annis????. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

cheers carl! maybe the malays think they will be able to renegotiate it again in the future? when is it due was it 2016? if so offering them a lesser amount in 2012 for example maybe an option?

theres just no logic in not paying it, i cant see what the reason is but there has to be a good enough one to not pay it. this is gonna get messy me thinks.

with regards to transfers no one trusts us not to pay the rest at a later date now it seems so we are prob gonna miss out on a few players..

not great news, but stuff id rather know than not.

cheers Carl :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:23 pm

Gotta feel for sam.thanks carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:23 pm

The Riggot thing - well thats a managers call, and if true that he was fit to play, thats another big feck up by Mr. Jones. Was hoping that our dealings in the transfer market would be done and dusted early - maybe not!!!. Langstone? still 10 1/2 hours to go :lol: but sad if no agreement is reached.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:24 pm

cheers carl,and happy new year to you :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:25 pm

Appreciate the update but nothing new, no changes.

Debt not to be paid, all clubs want cash up front because we are STILL A BAD gamble and no deals sealed. We have been made aware of all this before.

Thanks for the update though.

:ayatollah:

cracking update Carl..............

Unfortunately dosent seem like DJ has the full backing of VT otherwise he would have given the 3million to DJ to get the players!!!!!!!!!!
I personally think VT will pay off the debt on the very last minute of the agreement in 2016

Thanks for update,have u heard parkin is having medical,mike morris reckons he's having one.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:26 pm

Not good news to finish off the New Year then especially with regards Langstone :( Do you think thata deal will be agreed with Everton and that Vaughan will still sign any more news on Woodgate or O Brien :?:

Need some good news to sign off the old year and hopefully 3 points at Bristol tomorrow see you there :ayatollah:

Finally Happy New Year to City fans everywhere :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:26 pm

worrying news today i think.is tan keeping is cash for transfer funds for the team or is he haveing second thoughts

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:27 pm

Thanks Carl.
this club never fails to amaze me.Some things I just don`t get but of course I am not in possesion of all the facts.
Why would VT want to pay more than he has to ? Then the money for the transfers the club will not pay up front,when it could make the differance that we need to go up.
I feel a lot of sympathy with Dave J. on this issue.
:ayatollah: :? :ayatollah:

Crikey, certainly a risky strategy not paying Langston off at the reduced debt.

Good to see we have agreed fee's with Everton and Newcastle, but if we are only trying to pay half up front now then I can see why the two clubs want more upfront, given our debt they have every right to be concerned that we will not pay them if we do not go up this season.

langstone are unsercured creditors they havnt got a leg to stand on, if langstone win a court judgement then vt and tg can put the club in to admin and buy it back with there sercured debts ie portsmouth i dont think that langstone will ever get there money and if sam hammam is langstone then he has just lent money to himself and as a managing director of cardiff city at the time he may have commited an offence ? the court will look badly at high intrest rates from his own company also he was the one who ran up the debts . they have been willing to settle for a lot less than 28 million they claim they are owed its not that clear cut to say we owe them 28 m

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:28 pm

ihatealiens wrote:The Riggot thing - well thats a managers call, and if true that he was fit to play, thats another big feck up by Mr. Jones. Was hoping that our dealings in the transfer market would be done and dusted early - maybe not!!!. Langstone? still 10 1/2 hours to go :lol: but sad if no agreement is reached.

There will be no deal now, it has been made clear to Sam.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:29 pm

keano wrote:worrying news today i think.is tan keeping is cash for transfer funds for the team or is he haveing second thoughts

Good question that, only time will tell.

Thats a worry...we've gambled before and it very nearly bit us on the arse! I suppose VT has a plan though, but I just cant figure it out, thats why he's a Billionaire and I worry about how much I can spend at Christmas I suppose?!?!
Can anyone tally up how much we will have to pay in bonuses, Bellers wage payback etc we will have to pay out IF we are promoted?? It seems that this season is a shit or bust gamble IMO?! :?

Odd that he left Riggott out although I would imagine he had advise from the medical team and with his previous track record of injury's it may turn out to be a blessing....time will tell I'm sure!

Fingers crossed on Vaughan and Routledge.....but we need decent defenders URGENTLY!!

Thats the problem when clubs want the money up front, and with our record over the last 18months e.g Feyenoord, Motherwell etc who can blame them, could well hinder a few signings for us unless we do cough up.

As for the Langston scenario i am stunned that the club did not sort it out and pay the 10 million, now the ball goes back into Sama court and we have to find £24 million instead, a strange one especially coming from VT who is an established business man, perhaps he has taken the gamble on promotion instead.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:30 pm

I'm not really going to comment on the Langston issue but I would be interested to know the ins and outs of it all. There must be a reason why the Malaysians have decided not to pay up. I can only imagine that Hammam or Langston had some demand that we either can't accommodate right now or it would seriously jeopardise us either now or in the long term.

The Jones thing isn't surprising. It's his call though. He's the boss, the players take the wage. Hopefully Riggott hasn't cried off about it. If I was the manager I'd talk things through with players but as we all know it's not Jones's way.

I'm not really keen on us signing James Vaughan anyway, so that news doesn't really bother me. I reckon for £1m there's better options there and we shouldn't get hung up on him.

Thanks for the update again Carl, greatly appreciated. Maybe a '2010 - From the view of Carl Curtis' thread would be a good read if you have a spare hour or so tomorrow? Or maybe even '2011 - what the year holds'. Would be all over that!

Patience required on all fronts. Re Langston sammy boy will have to wait as an unsecucured creditor the ball is firmly in VT's court and VT obviously has his reasons.

Re transfers, they can be complex at the best of times with clubs players and agents all having their own agenda's. Interesting times ahead for sure!

blueheaven wrote:Not good news to finish off the New Year then especially with regards Langstone :( Do you think thata deal will be agreed with Everton and that Vaughan will still sign any more news on Woodgate or O Brien :?:

Need some good news to sign off the old year and hopefully 3 points at Bristol tomorrow see you there :ayatollah:

Finally Happy New Year to City fans everywhere :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

It is my opinion that Vaughan will sign and also O'Brien.

Dont forget that DJ is looking at Howard and Parkin too.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:32 pm

So jones is telling more porkies then , cos I got him on Cardiff player and he said Riggotts was really stiff after the game.
Why should he Lie ? or mabe he was given wrong info from the training team ? Norrrr dont think so!

Zabier wrote:I'm not really going to comment on the Langston issue but I would be interested to know the ins and outs of it all. There must be a reason why the Malaysians have decided not to pay up. I can only imagine that Hammam or Langston had some demand that we either can't accommodate right now or it would seriously jeopardise us either now or in the long term.

The Jones thing isn't surprising. It's his call though. He's the boss, the players take the wage. Hopefully Riggott hasn't cried off about it. If I was the manager I'd talk things through with players but as we all know it's not Jones's way.

I'm not really keen on us signing James Vaughan anyway, so that news doesn't really bother me. I reckon for £1m there's better options there and we shouldn't get hung up on him.

Thanks for the update again Carl, greatly appreciated. Maybe a '2010 - From the view of Carl Curtis' thread would be a good read if you have a spare hour or so tomorrow? Or maybe even '2011 - what the year holds'. Would be all over that!

Riggott is fine with the situation Zabier I am merely posting that the player is fit. :ayatollah:

A 2010 viewpoint is an interesting thought and I may look into that one :thumbup:

Thanks Carl.

Still can't understand why Tan doesn't just loan the club the 7 million to get the monkey off our backs. That way others will have more confident in us with repayments. This way we will have bad press again and teams will want all the money up front for players.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:34 pm

Cheers for the clarification Carl, that's ok then. Hopefully, it is a just a case of Jones being cautious and not wanting to damage Riggott and choosing to introduce him slowly given his track record of injuries. Jones has shown he's not willing to risk Bellamy at all.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:37 pm

carl any early teams news for 2moro expeting rigott to play any news on bellamy or bothroyd?