Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Sticky : " NEW YEAR'S EVE 2010 UPDATE "

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:38 pm

ackers1927 wrote:Thanks Carl.

Still can't understand why Tan doesn't just loan the club the 7 million to get the monkey off our backs. That way others will have more confident in us with repayments. This way we will have bad press again and teams will want all the money up front for players.

why pay it when you dont have to untill 2016? carl have payments been made monthly to langston? my friend company which were owed over 600k have nearly been paid off only 60k oweing they were really happy yesturday do you think that vt is just keeping to a budget?

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:39 pm

ccfc_4_life wrote:carl any early teams news for 2moro expeting rigott to play any news on bellamy or bothroyd?

I will no longer put team news out on the messageboard after much constructive criticism I received.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:40 pm

wez 1927 wrote:

Still can't understand why Tan doesn't just loan the club the 7 million to get the monkey off our backs. That way others will have more confident in us with repayments. This way we will have bad press again and teams will want all the money up front for players.

why pay it when you dont have to untill 2016? carl have payments been made monthly to langston? my friend company which were owed over 600k have nearly been paid off only 60k oweing they were really happy yesturday do you think that vt is just keeping to a budget?

The monthly payments are continuing Wez.

probably best to leave him out on tuesday as that was his first game in a few months not worth risking him. sad news about the our debt seems a no brainer to reduce it from 24 mill to 7 mill

thnx for the update carl :ayatollah:

wez 1927 wrote:

Wez, 2016 Contract DOES NOT EXIST ANYMORE, it was Scrapped, thats Why Sam agreed to £10 Million, but they have not stuck to their side of the New Deal. Hmm

Of course the main worry now will be that the news of our £28 Million debt will be high profile news and clubs will not deal with us in fear of not getting paid as VT has stated he will not fund upfront payments, personally I cant see anyone of great worth coming into the club for the final push to the promised land and can actually see more going out to cover debts. Indeed what is VT's plan, I find it more confusing each day. I hope Im wrong but will the likes of Jay, Burke, Chopra be sold to retrieve his outlay and leave us back in the shit..........?

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:42 pm

carlccfc wrote:
wez 1927 wrote:

The monthly payments are continuing Wez.

to langstone? if so we have nothing to worry about untill 2016 :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:44 pm

cheers carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:44 pm

carlccfc wrote:
blueheaven wrote:Not good news to finish off the New Year then especially with regards Langstone :( Do you think thata deal will be agreed with Everton and that Vaughan will still sign any more news on Woodgate or O Brien :?:

Need some good news to sign off the old year and hopefully 3 points at Bristol tomorrow see you there :ayatollah:

Finally Happy New Year to City fans everywhere :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

It is my opinion that Vaughan will sign and also O'Brien.

Dont forget that DJ is looking at Howard and Parkin too.

Hi Carl
Do you mean Jon Parkin
of Preston :?

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez 1927 wrote:

Wez, 2016 Contract DOES NOT EXIST ANYMORE, it was Scrapped, thats Why Sam agreed to £10 Million, but they have not stuck to their side of the New Deal. Hmm

is the new contract valid? peter risdale has pull a few strokes not showing over directors etc etc and anything he has had a hand it i think could be seen as not valid?

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:46 pm

Thanks Carl :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:46 pm

disagree about the club or malaysians not having anything on him carl sorry.
Your basing that knowledge on speaking to sam the last few months wheras mine is based on documentation and a series of events a few years back.
On the player front i think we are all old and wise enough to accept we are entering silly season again where agents and players play clubs off against each other.
I no longer after jody morris and marcus bent accept we have signed a player until he is running out in a city shirt.
Aside from sams debt pmg were due 9.3 million this time last year under an agreement with our ex chairman so we should be happy that they are content to just play a waiting game for their money.
I would also like to see them pay steve back some of the money he is owed as well as i think he has done wonders building the house of sport and is still investing his own money into the club while others sit back
aside from that happy new year to you and your family carl and all aboard the 2011 roller coaster ride known to us as cardiff city :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:48 pm

steve davies wrote:disagree about the club or malaysians not having anything on him carl sorry.
Your basing that knowledge on speaking to sam the last few months wheras mine is based on documentation and a series of events a few years back.
On the player front i think we are all old and wise enough to accept we are entering silly season again where agents and players play clubs off against each other.
I no longer after jody morris and marcus bent accept we have signed a player until he is running out in a city shirt.
Aside from sams debt pmg were due 9.3 million this time last year under an agreement with our ex chairman so we should be happy that they are content to just play a waiting game for their money.
I would also like to see them pay steve back some of the money he is owed as well as i think he has done wonders building the house of sport and is still investing his own money into the club while others sit back
aside from that happy new year to you and your family carl and all aboard the 2011 roller coaster ride known to us as cardiff city :ayatollah:

What is it that they got on Sam Steve ?

Happy new year to the Davies family :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:51 pm

If Everton, Newcastle want assurances that the balance of any monies owing will be paid in the summer...it will only take a personal guarantee from VT....I don't see a problem with that....and both those cubs can then rest assured ! simple really.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:54 pm

Nickerino wrote:If Everton, Newcastle want assurances that the balance of any monies owing will be paid in the summer...it will only take a personal guarantee from VT....I don't see a problem with that....and both those cubs can then rest assured ! simple really.

The personal guarantee from VT is the problem by the looks of it.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:54 pm

carlccfc wrote:
steve davies wrote:disagree about the club or malaysians not having anything on him carl sorry.

What is it that they got on Sam Steve ?

Happy new year to the Davies family :ayatollah:

I obviously cant post it on here carl
but i will do a forum trip in the new year and we will have a beer and a chat whilst annis takes notes for his next novel. :lol:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:56 pm

Your basing that knowledge on speaking to sam the last few months wheras mine is based on documentation and a series of events a few years back.On the player front i think we are all old and wise enough to accept we are entering silly season again where agents and players play clubs off against each other.

So they been using this as a stick to batter the negotiating figure down :lol: :lol: :lol: - I stil have a feeling an agreement will be reached at the eleventh hour.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:57 pm

carlccfc wrote:
ccfc_4_life wrote:carl any early teams news for 2moro expeting rigott to play any news on bellamy or bothroyd?

I will no longer put team news out on the messageboard after much constructive criticism I received.

ok carl no probs :ayatollah: happy new year :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:07 pm

It is not midnight yet ! I presume VT's has put a take it or leave it offer on the table that will expire at midnight in full and final settlement......who knows !

Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:08 pm

Nickerino wrote:It is not midnight yet ! I presume VT's has put a take it or leave it offer on the table that will expire at midnight in full and final settlement......who knows !

Honestly thats the end of it being as low as £10 Mill.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:26 pm

Come on.As far as Riggot goes he's played for an hour.Goes off with crap.If DJ had risked him at Watford
and he got a long term injury all hell would have broke looose.DJ made the right call.

As far as Langston goes.My view is the club is insolvent.VT is propping up the wage and tax bill.
He's hardly likely to shell out £10 million to Sam.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:36 pm

The only way Sam can enforce any agreement is by a lengthy court case.
Sam knows it.VT knows it.
A can of worms will well and truly be open then.

We'll all get an insight into the way Sam runs a football club then.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:54 pm

On the subject on Langston and Sam remaining silent and patient I recall it was not that long ago that they dragged CCFC into court for immediate full payment of what they claimed to be the amount owed to them. The court found in favour of CCFC in regard that the debt was not repayable until 2016 so that is probably the reason that they (Langston and Sam) are not making a lot of noise about it now.
Vincent Tan is Chinese Malay but foremost he is Chinese and as such can be very stubborn especially if he feels he is being shafted. Neither I nor anyone else on the blog know anything about the make up of this debt or how it was accrued but my instincts tell me that there has to be many loopholes. If there is no deal done today it will be because VT believes that it is contestable which makes for, Cardiff City supporters, interesting times ahead.
The most worrying aspect of this update is that other clubs are, allegedly, asking for full payment before releasing players. That is a very disturbing scenario and potentially a show stopper in regard to new players.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:13 pm

algy wrote:On the subject on Langston and Sam remaining silent and patient I recall it was not that long ago that they dragged CCFC into court for immediate full payment of what they claimed to be the amount owed to them. The court found in favour of CCFC in regard that the debt was not repayable until 2016 so that is probably the reason that they (Langston and Sam) are not making a lot of noise about it now.
Vincent Tan is Chinese Malay but foremost he is Chinese and as such can be very stubborn especially if he feels he is being shafted. Neither I nor anyone else on the blog know anything about the make up of this debt or how it was accrued but my instincts tell me that there has to be many loopholes. If there is no deal done today it will be because VT believes that it is contestable which makes for, Cardiff City supporters, interesting times ahead.
The most worrying aspect of this update is that other clubs are, allegedly, asking for full payment before releasing players. That is a very disturbing scenario and potentially a show stopper in regard to new players.

Not strictly true, Langston took CCFC to court because the club stopped communicating with Langston through Sam for months.

Also the court case was to determine which loan note was payable and in force ie. Loan note 1 or Loan note 2.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:25 pm

Good update, thanks Carl. Transfer negotiations are mostly complex especially with agent payments etc. But our position in the league and some of the players we have got,we are a tempting proposition for a lot of players looking to play in a good team , with a chance of promotion.
Re Langstone/Sam , l think VT and TG are clever men and don't get as rich as they are by being silly with money . There could be some small print in the loan that doesn't quite make it 100% legal. Who knows but if I could get away by paying £5 instead of £25 I would, unless I could get away with paying nothing at all ?
That's why I love the Bluebirds its never boring lol.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:39 pm

would be interesting to know what VT reps did offer sam in London yesterday? what was the point of it? seems like VT isnt really interested in a deal anyway....i bet some of sams innner circle know what he was offered....???? 8-)
the very fact they havent paid it off must mean they know they dont have too, lets face it VT and his mates didnt get to billionaire status by throwing cash away.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:42 pm

Cheers Carl

Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:44 pm

goats wrote:would be interesting to know what VT reps did offer sam in London yesterday? what was the point of it? seems like VT isnt really interested in a deal anyway....i bet some of sams innner circle know what he was offered....???? 8-)
the very fact they havent paid it off must mean they know they dont have too, lets face it VT and his mates didnt get to billionaire status by throwing cash away.

Thats the point, was there a offer and anyway we would only be hearing Sam's side. Believe nothing is best and wait to see what 2011 brings us.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:56 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
goats wrote:would be interesting to know what VT reps did offer sam in London yesterday? what was the point of it? seems like VT isnt really interested in a deal anyway....i bet some of sams innner circle know what he was offered....???? 8-)

Thats the point, was there a offer and anyway we would only be hearing Sam's side. Believe nothing is best and wait to see what 2011 brings us.

Of course.

No disrespect to Carl, but he's relying on sources who in this case will all come from one side.

Sam hasnt always told the truth has he ?

Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:29 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:

Of course.

No disrespect to Carl, but he's relying on sources who in this case will all come from one side.

Sam hasnt always told the truth has he ?

vt a hard business man sam a fool with his money ,to leave a club unsercured is mad