Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Parkin having a Medical at THIS MOMENT "

Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:03 pm

He'll make more of an impact than Vaughan in my opinion. He can come on and batter players, like Tate! :ayatollah:

didnt he score a hatrick at leeds when they won 6-4

I was amazed at how he kept going in a poor Preston team a few weeks ago - despite his bulk he kept going for the whole 90 minutes. A useful last 10 minutes off the bench player when you want to chase a game late on, and could fill in the odd (hopefully) game when Jay is suspended/injured. A useful (and cheap) squad player IMHO

shocking signing....as for dave jones get him fit ...this guy aint been fit all his career !!!!!!.......what does his medical consist of ,how many pies the fat tw*t can eat in 30 mins !!!...........im sorry but this says nowt about us goin up.......effing fuming if this comes off!

Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:04 pm

Sorry not for me - this is not a signing that brings confidence in what we are trying to achieve at city - A backward step by far - strikes me as signing with no ambition and a player that has played against us well (remember taiwo) and if we keep thorwing mud at the wall eventually one will stick and this goes for Vaughan as well

Personally I would have gone for Kevin Phillips till the end of season and busted a gut to get Danny Graham (Watford) or Charlie Austin (Swindon) both young players who will bust a gut for the team and have aspirations of playing at a higher level

These are sorts we need at cardiff not fat lumps of lard :twisted:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:09 pm

I think that he will be great for us.
I'm sick of us being too lightweight and bossed around.
Maybe we will be able to score from a corner now.
His strike rate for Preston is quite reasonable as well.

He will soon become a fan favourite.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:10 pm

jon parkin as i see will be a lump of a target man which everybody wanted and his stats dont lie.......considering hes playing for a bottom of the league side not too bad. give the man a chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We dont need vaughan when we have bellamy and chopra
target man yes we do need!!!!!!!!!

Ben wrote:
Dange wrote:
Bluebird99 wrote:DJ will work with Parkin and get him fit. He's a target man which is what we need as cover for Jay. He's also one less bug man fir Hudson to face. At £100k, it's a no brainer

Yep just 12 more signings and HUSDON can relax!! Sorry but I've never rated him....even if it was his birthday yesterday! He just has no mobility and think the money would have been better spent elsehwere!

1998–2002 Barnsley 10 (0)
2001–2002 → Hartlepool United (loan) 1 (0)
2002–2004 York City 74 (14)
2004–2006 Macclesfield Town 65 (30)
2006–2007 Hull City 47 (11)
2007–2008 Stoke City 35 (5)
2008– Preston North End 101 (28)

Goals in brackets - Not that impressive really?!

whats his assit record like, im sure he'll get some goals but will be be winning balls and providing the striker/s ??

Ben I'd imagine it's pretty good (cant find any stats).

Did find the link below which is interesting: ASSIST OR GOAL EVERY 95 MINUTES AS OPPOSED TO JAYS EVERY 82.

http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/Cardiffs-Jay-Bothroyd-Prestons-Jon-Parkin-and-QPRs-Adel-Taarabt-most-effective-Championship-attackers/11787/

Brilliant!!!
Great big lump to hold the ball up, brings other players into the game and will get the crowd going with his passion.
Plus he will eat all the biscuits before Chopra! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:15 pm

The fat lad took the piss out of us at Elland Road.

Without Bothroyd I think Cardiff fail to get the ball to stick up front. So Parkin can come in and do this job when Jay is injured.

For 100k he is a steal.

Kebab share prices in Wales will go through the roof.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:20 pm

Dobbin wrote:Sorry not for me - this is not a signing that brings confidence in what we are trying to achieve at city - A backward step by far - strikes me as signing with no ambition and a player that has played against us well (remember taiwo) and if we keep thorwing mud at the wall eventually one will stick and this goes for Vaughan as well

Personally I would have gone for Kevin Phillips till the end of season and busted a gut to get Danny Graham (Watford) or Charlie Austin (Swindon) both young players who will bust a gut for the team and have aspirations of playing at a higher level

I don't think you understand.

Charlie Austin and Danny Graham are two quality players, but it's not the type of player we need at all is it, we have the tehcnical side, our side lacks determination, passion, and aerial threat up front(Keogh the only one scoring from headers in the attack!). Parkin might be a big lump, but a good lump, remember how Steve Howard destroyed us in our encounters with Leicester last season, a utter nightmare, the plan is to cause a nuisance while flicking the bal on to the wingers/chops/bellers/whitts, whoever, he is what we need!!!

Top signing DJ.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:22 pm

I am truly shocked at the lack of ambition this signing shows. Austin, Graham, Lambert are all far better strikers and the difference is they score goals too. I was fed up of us pissing about in midfield, going sideways like the jacks, but I suppose that won't happen now as we'll bypass them altogether. Hopeless.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:24 pm

I can't believe the haters, here going on about Graham/Austin blah blah blah, Who's going to win the flick ons, especially if Jay leaves ffs, you can't win ever game by being all cute and tidy. This will bring a good balance to the side, a player I'm sure the fans wil love, WILL BRING OTHER PLAYERS IN TO THE GAME, and brings aerial threat to the side, a massive nuisance as demonstrated against us!!!

TOP SIGNING.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:32 pm

sleepwalker wrote:Annis is wrong on this one.
Parkin has signed for the Blues.

Seriously though. He has always caused us problems.

6-0 ring any bells
:old:

Yeah but even more so last season at Preston. As young Ferguson said after the game that Preston won 3-0 with 10 men "he took the Cardiff defence to the cleaners". He annihilated our defence and scored their 2nd goal when they were down to 10 men.

Why are people complaining? 100k for a back up striker who'll cause teams problems... or do you want to spend 1 million + on a player who'll sit on the bench ?

Parkin is just the type of player we need. A battering ram who will cause problems to any defense in this league.

I think that he will be loved for his 100% no nonsense effort by the city faithful and prove to be a great signing for our club. Just the type of player we need. For once i agree with Mr Jones.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:33 pm

CCFC 24 wrote:I can't believe the haters, here going on about Graham/Austin blah blah blah, Who's going to win the flick ons, especially if Jay leaves ffs, you can't win ever game by being all cute and tidy. This will bring a good balance to the side, a player I'm sure the fans wil love, WILL BRING OTHER PLAYERS IN TO THE GAME, and brings aerial threat to the side, a massive nuisance as demonstrated against us!!!

TOP SIGNING.

Does bringing Parkin on not make us slightly predictable? God forbid your second line comes true and he's going to start for us :shock:

Fully understand we need balance but there must be other players out there who have more attributes than "TALL AND BIG"??

Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:33 pm

Happy with him signing, Offers us something different and a bit more aggression :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:35 pm

CCFC 24 wrote:
Dobbin wrote:Sorry not for me - this is not a signing that brings confidence in what we are trying to achieve at city - A backward step by far - strikes me as signing with no ambition and a player that has played against us well (remember taiwo) and if we keep thorwing mud at the wall eventually one will stick and this goes for Vaughan as well

Charlie Austin and Danny Graham are two quality players, but it's not the type of player we need at all is it, we have the tehcnical side, our side lacks determination, passion, and aerial threat up front(Keogh the only one scoring from headers in the attack!). Parkin might be a big lump, but a good lump, remember how Steve Howard destroyed us in our encounters with Leicester last season, a utter nightmare, the plan is to cause a nuisance while flicking the bal on to the wingers/chops/bellers/whitts, whoever, he is what we need!!!

Top signing DJ.

I do understand we are to one dimensional with bothroyd no one can play his role and that is proven over seasons of trying we need to have an alternative style and keep the ball up to a lump of lard aint good enough

Graham have followed him over the last few seasons and if you did not go on tuesday you will notice how strong he is, how he can score, dribble, pass, link up play, hold the ball up, beat defenders and get battered and still come back for more - DO YOU STILL WANT TO STICK WITH PARKIN ! NOT FOR ME

Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:40 pm

Dobbin we need cover for jay as a targetman we dont need anymore small strikers :evil:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:40 pm

Dange wrote:
CCFC 24 wrote:I can't believe the haters, here going on about Graham/Austin blah blah blah, Who's going to win the flick ons, especially if Jay leaves ffs, you can't win ever game by being all cute and tidy. This will bring a good balance to the side, a player I'm sure the fans wil love, WILL BRING OTHER PLAYERS IN TO THE GAME, and brings aerial threat to the side, a massive nuisance as demonstrated against us!!!

TOP SIGNING.

Does bringing Parkin on not make us slightly predictable? God forbid your second line comes true and he's going to start for us :shock:

Fully understand we need balance but there must be other players out there who have more attributes than "TALL AND BIG"??

To be honest I can't see another player who we could have signed that's fat and has pace :D

Dosen't matter how predictable we are Parkin will cause a nuisance to any defence in this league, if the opposition defence pays a lot of attention to Whitts/Bellers/Chops there's no chance in hell they'l be able to cope with Parkin on top of that. Give it time my friend, keep the faith, this signing I'm sure will turn out good and will benefit our other attackers greatly!

Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:43 pm

Bowmonster wrote:

Dobbin we need cover for jay as a targetman we dont need anymore small strikers :evil:

6 foot 1 - Graham that aint small

Missing the point

Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:43 pm

Dobbin wrote:
CCFC 24 wrote:

Top signing DJ.

I do understand we are to one dimensional with bothroyd no one can play his role and that is proven over seasons of trying we need to have an alternative style and keep the ball up to a lump of lard aint good enough

Graham have followed him over the last few seasons and if you did not go on tuesday you will notice how strong he is, how he can score, dribble, pass, link up play, hold the ball up, beat defenders and get battered and still come back for more - DO YOU STILL WANT TO STICK WITH PARKIN ! NOT FOR ME

Well let's look at it this way. If we do keep Jay, we will have one technically gifted targetman, and if it's not working, just bring Parkin on, that would be awesome. Graham is a top top player and I really wanted us to sign him while he was at Carlisle. Parkin might have to settle for backup, while I can't see Graham wanting to be rotational. Plus of course Graham will cost literally about 10 times more(1m minimum).

Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:44 pm

CCFC 24 wrote:
Dange wrote:

TOP SIGNING.

To be honest I can't see another player who we could have signed that's fat and has pace :D

Dosen't matter how predictable we are Parkin will cause a nuisance to any defence in this league, if the opposition defence pays a lot of attention to Whitts/Bellers/Chops there's no chance in hell they'l be able to cope with Parkin on top of that. Give it time my friend, keep the faith, this signing I'm sure will turn out good and will benefit our other attackers greatly!

Oh I will and would love him and everyone else to prove me wrong.......fingers crossed he'll smash a winner past De Vries at the Shitterty stadium his job will then be accomplished for me! :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:44 pm

give the fucker a chance lads :ayatollah: he could be a hero if he fires us to the prem ;)
WELCOME BEAST :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:45 pm

First Post, Hello all.

With Parkin i think its a good signing as for 100k if its doesn't work we havn't paid that much for him. Personally i think he will be great cover for Jay, holds the ball up well, we may actually become a threat at set plays with the added height as we aren't the biggest of sides ( especially if Obrien does infact come in as he is 6ft 3). Without Jay we never seem to look potent upfront except for the cov game.Keogh always seems to have his back to goal so i Think parkin will provide the target to hold the ball up and play in others or just hold it to ease pressure and maybe he may bang in a few to.

Bluebirds !!! :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:51 pm

http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/Cardiffs-Jay-Bothroyd-Prestons-Jon-Parkin-and-QPRs-Adel-Taarabt-most-effective-Championship-attackers/11787/[/quote]

Excellent article you found there.
Although I think we could put a better one in for Jay's strengths and weaknesses.
I've got to say I've always liked Parkin and feel that in this league a real monster can have a significant value.

I think he can have an impact for us, only as back-up for jay as Jay is a much more talented player.

As for parkin's scoring record, I think you need to take into account 1/3 of his appearances for Preston have been off the bench and many many games he doesnt play the 90.

Goals per minute he's actually got an excellent record.

He's a fairly late starter as well, so should still have some fire in his belly.

Could be one to fire the fans up as well if we get behind him BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSST :lol:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:57 pm

From the bench he will be usefull. If we start getting bullied who better than the BEAST !!!!!!

Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:59 pm

I think parkin will do well for the club!He played well against us fareplay :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:02 pm

Bluebird1962 wrote:I am truly shocked at the lack of ambition this signing shows. Austin, Graham, Lambert are all far better strikers and the difference is they score goals too. I was fed up of us pissing about in midfield, going sideways like the jacks, but I suppose that won't happen now as we'll bypass them altogether. Hopeless.

Each would cost 32-£3m though. Lets use that money elsewhere, not for a player who will only ever be back up for Jay.