Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Parkin having a Medical at THIS MOMENT "

Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:04 pm

must have signed, heard a rumour that officials where up at gwyn's house taking out his bed so parkin could use it tonight. :lol:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:09 pm

papa wrote:give the fucker a chance lads :ayatollah: he could be a hero if he fires us to the prem ;)
WELCOME BEAST :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

WELL Said Papa,

He is Our player Now, Deal done and Dusted.
GIVE HIM A CHANCE :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:15 pm

The reason that people mention Graham is pretty much because he is the complete striker - pacy, big, strong, good in the air and terrific off the ball runs that brings the best out of those around him too - the game on Tuesday only re-enforced that opinion and his finishing is good too. Parkin may have took our defence to the cleaners last season, but Graham has also done it to QPR as well as us this season and they have the best defence in the league. He also took Norwich to bits on the openng day. Yes, he may cost more, but he is ten times the player and is much younger too. Parkin is far too one dimensional for my liking, but if he wears our shirt, I'll support him though it doesn't mean that I have to be happy that we are signing him. Can you honestly see Parkin in The Premiership?

Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:16 pm

I couldnt see dean windass in the premiership but it happened!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:21 pm

piroteczz wrote:I couldnt see dean windass in the premiership but it happened!

can't argue with that :)

Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:26 pm

Its all about strength in depth and having no idea when Jay isnt about. At least with Parkin we can launch crosses into the box when we dont have Jay.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:30 pm

If he signs the contract today is he eligible to play tomorrow?

Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:36 pm

Bluebird1962 wrote:The reason that people mention Graham is pretty much because he is the complete striker - pacy, big, strong, good in the air and terrific off the ball runs that brings the best out of those around him too - the game on Tuesday only re-enforced that opinion and his finishing is good too. Parkin may have took our defence to the cleaners last season, but Graham has also done it to QPR as well as us this season and they have the best defence in the league. He also took Norwich to bits on the openng day. Yes, he may cost more, but he is ten times the player and is much younger too. Parkin is far too one dimensional for my liking, but if he wears our shirt, I'll support him though it doesn't mean that I have to be happy that we are signing him. Can you honestly see Parkin in The Premiership?

Someone with sense at last ;)

Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:37 pm

Steve Van Halen wrote:Its all about strength in depth and having no idea when Jay isnt about. At least with Parkin we can launch crosses into the box when we dont have Jay.

So you cant with any other striker :o

Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:39 pm

yes

Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:41 pm

Everyone has their own opinions!
I just think we should be backing him and not slating him just yet
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:42 pm

Dobbin wrote:
Steve Van Halen wrote:Its all about strength in depth and having no idea when Jay isnt about. At least with Parkin we can launch crosses into the box when we dont have Jay.

So you cant with any other striker :o

andy keogh :roll:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:47 pm

piroteczz wrote:Everyone has their own opinions!
I just think we should be backing him and not slating him just yet
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

agreed :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:54 pm

if he can score goals for us like this I will welcome him with open arms!! :ayatollah:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgFJiJMn ... 5&index=21

Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:04 pm

Parkin scored against us in that 6nil defeat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slsJD9Nv ... re=related

Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:08 pm

Parkin will be an Ideal squad player as cover for Jay. Afterall we have been crying out for a target man for ages.
Someone like him would take the pressure off when Jay is injured etc..
Granted if we were looking for a long term replacement for Jay however we could do worse than look at Graham but at this point it would be better to spend money on our deffence.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:13 pm

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jon-Parki ... ng_started

Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:15 pm

Great if we pull this off, we can play our long ball to him because hes great in the air :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:18 pm

Do for me. Good to come off bench with 20 to go, and if Bothroyd is unfit.

Better than Keogh at holding up play and is more of a threat at set pieces, and has a powerful shot on him.

No news on a new defenders then?

Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:21 pm

He wasn't at City today, its a well known fact thee are no ferries from the Isle of Sodor on New Years Eve !

When not playing for Preston, Parkin earns money as the fat controller on Thomas the Tank Engine !

Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:26 pm

Blue Army wrote:Great if we pull this off, we can play our long ball to him because hes great in the air :ayatollah:

The Deal was Done at 1pm and then He passed the Medical about 2.30pm :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:26 pm

Parkin will give us a different option whether you like it or not! He's big and aggressive and will bury headers
if he gets the right service.Put him on from the bench and he just might add a few goals.Personally i find it
a strange signing but then again can you name one player who attacks aerial crosses in the box, i can"t.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:29 pm

Bluebird1962 wrote:
piroteczz wrote:I couldnt see dean windass in the premiership but it happened!

can't argue with that :)

You two need a visit to Specsavers....couldnt see Windass in the Premiership you say :lol:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Blue Army wrote:Great if we pull this off, we can play our long ball to him because hes great in the air :ayatollah:

The Deal was Done at 1pm and then He passed the Medical about 2.30pm :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

When is it supposed to be announced mate?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:52 pm

Split Opinions on this one then!

All I can say "IN DAVE JONES I TRUST"

Happy New Year to one and all.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:56 pm

Personally I think it is a good signing. I had previously advocated Howard but can see this being a better bet. I also think he will bring the best out of Andy Keogh.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:05 pm

I think Parkin will turn out to be another good bit of business. He's a lump and will create all sorts of problems with a partner or on his own with people playing off him. For 100k he is ideal, can't see him demanding very much in wages, small fee and a credible back up for Jay in the style we play in. Might see a goal from a corner for once as well!!

Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:11 pm

Yeah he will improve our team, he is something that we havent got! Hudson will be happy :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Parkin having a Medical at THIS MOMENT

Will Parkin improve our team ?

Ive keep saying this, bye Jay.............. :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:43 pm

soo Bothroyd,Keogh,Chopra,Parkin and Vaughan...who evers not starting is going to cause more rifts in the camp?