Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" End of Year SQUAD Report !! "

Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:22 pm

Marshall
Started off number 1 but lost his place harshly to Heaton. But since Heatons injury he has failed to inspire. His confidence is shot 4

Heaton
Has taken his chance well and looks a quality keeper 8

Matthews
Clearly not a defender to light. Unfairly treated by Jones another one with there confidence shot and no one to put an arm around him. Adam shows massive talent and at the moment it is being wasted 3

Mcnaughton
Super Kev is by far our best defender and a super pro 8

Gypes
Was outstanding a couple of seasons ago but now a shadow of his former self 4

Hudson
Huds has an outstanding game followed by a mediocre game simply not good enough 5

Naylor
Started off OK but now is nothing short of mediocre. Has to be taken out of the firing line for his own good. 2

Blake
Fantastic end to the season last term and not performing this term. Questioning on his social life but standard not good enough 5

Olly
Started off on fire has a dip in form a swell as the rest of the team 6.5

Burke Not showing the same standard as last season but still impressive 7.5

Whittingham
Not a shadow on last season. But hopefully will improve 7

Drinkwater
Another one that started of on fire. But is suffering an injury which is hampering his season. And in my opinion we wont see the best of him untill he is sorted 6

Bellamy
So influential but not performing at his high standards at the moment. Hopefully will improve 6.5

Bothroyd
Fantastic season so far but his standard has slipped since his England call up 8.5

Chopra
Simply not good enough. Had disagreement with Jones about being played out of position for which i have sympathy. But to let himself get out of condition is not on. Showed some form since coming back. 6

Keogh
Dont know what his best position is !! but he is a tr yer that's for sure 6

Koumas
Not fit not mentally fit. a complete mess and has destroyed his legend from the first time he was here 1

Dave Jones
Great start to season but since the Jacks game he has totally lost the plot so i will give him two marks here. Up untill the Jacks game 8.5 and after the Jacks game 1

What do you all think? agree or not !!

Re: End of year Report !!

Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:21 pm

Spot on.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:47 pm

A lot of players if not all of them are no way as good as they could be. They all need to pick up :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:24 am

It is frightening to see how many of our players are out of sorts. Can't fault the ratings.

Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:08 am

some had there beans this morning nuclear ??

spot on :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:22 pm

Wonder what people think now after today ?

Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:23 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Wonder what people think now after today ?

your correct get in charge of city lmao

Re: " End of Year SQUAD Report !! "

Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:53 pm

Take Away bothroyd and our two best players has been kev and heaton who are defender and goalkeeper witch says a lot about our season so far

Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:02 pm

thats a generous 5 for hudson. He makes 3-5 mistakes a game and more often than not, cost us. cant direct a header, terrible long balls every time he has space and nt strong enough physically

Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:28 am

I'm just concerned for the club as a whole.
financially no one really knows what the hells going on, and on the pitch alot of the players dont seem up for it.

I agree what you said about koumas and metally not fit, I also think thats the case for a number of players at present

Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:37 am

Disagree with most of it :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:58 am

brilliantbluebirds09 wrote:Disagree with most of it :ayatollah:

Why do you disagree with it. Be glad to hear your opinions

Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:30 pm

1 for Jones is a bit generous

Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:17 pm

Seems to me that Naylor is far short of mediocre

Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:58 pm

The Douce wrote:thats a generous 5 for hudson. He makes 3-5 mistakes a game and more often than not, cost us. cant direct a header, terrible long balls every time he has space and nt strong enough physically

Where the f**k were you when we needed someone to do a scout report on him before we signed him?! You've nailed him in a couple of sentences... sack our scouting team! Hire The Douce! :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Marshall
Started off number 1 but lost his place harshly to Heaton. But since Heatons injury he has failed to inspire. His confidence is shot but still a decent keeper and a great shot stopper, his problem is his speed to give the ball to our players and his commanding of the area. 5

Heaton
Has taken his chance well and looks a quality keeper 8

Matthews
Clearly not a defender to light. Unfairly treated by Jones another one with there confidence shot and no one to put an arm around him. Adam shows massive talent and at the moment it is being wasted. 3

Mcnaughton
Super Kev is by far our best defender and a super pro 8

Gypes
Was outstanding a couple of seasons ago but now a shadow of his former self 4

Hudson
Huds has an outstanding game followed by a mediocre game simply not good enough, but has had a run of games were he has been superb and has by far been one of our best defenders this season 6.5

Naylor
Started off OK but now is nothing short of mediocre. Has to be taken out of the firing line for his own good. 2

Blake
Fantastic end to the season last term and not performing this term. Questioning on his social life but standard not good enough. Hasn't played enough and in his recent appearances it looks justified. 3

Olly
Started off on fire has a dip in form a swell as the rest of the team. Looked like the type of midfielder we needed, but thats all he is, the TYPE of midfielder we need, sadly he isn't a good one. 6

Burke Not showing the same standard as last season but still impressive and gives us the balance we badly need in the team and this is proved by the lack of balance when he isn't playing 8

Whittingham
Not a shadow on last season. But hopefully will improve 7

Drinkwater
The worst signing of the season, signed to play in the midfield when we already had better players in that position already. Has not improved the squad 4

Bellamy
So influential but not performing at his high standards at the moment. His attitude and the way he never stops running is something to be admired though. Hopefully will improve 6.5

Bothroyd
Fantastic season so far but his standard has slipped since his England call up. Improved a lot because he has now added goal scoring to his list of skills. 9

Chopra
At times this season his movement with the ball and off the ball has been some of the best we've seen from Chopra, but he has been a tad unlucky and has not had that many chances in front of goal this season as he would have liked, but with Jay playing as well as he has been its hard for Chopra to also get in on the act. 6

Keogh
Bit ropey at the start but in recent weeks has been one of the better performers with his constant running and effort and has built up a good understanding with Bellamy 6

Koumas
There are problems with confidence and maybe he isn't the player he once was, but he has not had enough oppuertunitys this season. How can we expect him to set the game alight when he only comes on for the last 10mins? 3

Dave Jones
Assembled a great squad for the beginning of this season, made the Bellamy signing happen and we began the season on fire and worked a system that made Bothroyd a top goal scorer and a great play maker and a great Target man. This was great when Jay is fit , but when jay gets injured this costs us and i think DJ gambled on Bellamy and the likes of Whittingham being good enough to get us through the games with out Bothroyd. Overall we have been good, but disappointing over the last 2 months 7

Thats what i think :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:18 pm

You gave McNaughton an 8? :lol:

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:25 pm

darcy is a 3! defo

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:28 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:You gave McNaughton an 8? :lol:

yes?

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:42 pm

brilliantbluebirds09 wrote:

yes?

Personally, I think he would be a Conference level player if he didn't have pace. His pace gets him out of situations the majority of the time, but he still makes terrible mistakes and gets caught out far too many times. His distribution is also atrocious, 9 times out of 10, he gives the ball away. I think if you looked up his pass completion stats, you would be very surprised. Also, he gets skinned, not as much as Naylor, but McNaughton has been struggling for a while now. He is a battler who will never let us down effort wise, and he looked good at the beginning of his career with us, but he's had too many injuries and unfortunately, his game and performances have declined dramatically. Just my opinion. :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:45 pm

i think nuclear was spot on with what he said about all of the players Naylor definatly needs to be taking out of the first team he just cant handle the opposition wingers and then makes the other defenders look bad when they are doing there job fairly well

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:21 pm

Personally, I think he would be a Conference level player if he didn't have pace. His pace gets him out of situations the majority of the time, but he still makes terrible mistakes and gets caught out far too many times. His distribution is also atrocious, 9 times out of 10, he gives the ball away. I think if you looked up his pass completion stats, you would be very surprised. Also, he gets skinned, not as much as Naylor, but McNaughton has been struggling for a while now. He is a battler who will never let us down effort wise, and he looked good at the beginning of his career with us, but he's had too many injuries and unfortunately, his game and performances have declined dramatically. Just my opinion. :ayatollah:[/quote]

he has been our best player this year and conference player wa a joke :roll:

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:36 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

yes?

Personally, I think he would be a Conference level player if he didn't have pace. His pace gets him out of situations the majority of the time, but he still makes terrible mistakes and gets caught out far too many times. His distribution is also atrocious, 9 times out of 10, he gives the ball away. I think if you looked up his pass completion stats, you would be very surprised. Also, he gets skinned, not as much as Naylor, but McNaughton has been struggling for a while now. He is a battler who will never let us down effort wise, and he looked good at the beginning of his career with us, but he's had too many injuries and unfortunately, his game and performances have declined dramatically. Just my opinion. :ayatollah:

wow you are wrong.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:38 pm

beckett wrote:Personally, I think he would be a Conference level player if he didn't have pace. His pace gets him out of situations the majority of the time, but he still makes terrible mistakes and gets caught out far too many times. His distribution is also atrocious, 9 times out of 10, he gives the ball away. I think if you looked up his pass completion stats, you would be very surprised. Also, he gets skinned, not as much as Naylor, but McNaughton has been struggling for a while now. He is a battler who will never let us down effort wise, and he looked good at the beginning of his career with us, but he's had too many injuries and unfortunately, his game and performances have declined dramatically. Just my opinion. :ayatollah:

he has been our best player this year and conference player wa a joke :roll:[/quote]

I suggest you go to more games and watch him closer in future. Just because he battles and uses his pace to cover doesn't make him a good footballer. He makes a few horrendous mistakes each game. Our best player this year? :o

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:43 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
beckett wrote:Personally, I think he would be a Conference level player if he didn't have pace. His pace gets him out of situations the majority of the time, but he still makes terrible mistakes and gets caught out far too many times. His distribution is also atrocious, 9 times out of 10, he gives the ball away. I think if you looked up his pass completion stats, you would be very surprised. Also, he gets skinned, not as much as Naylor, but McNaughton has been struggling for a while now. He is a battler who will never let us down effort wise, and he looked good at the beginning of his career with us, but he's had too many injuries and unfortunately, his game and performances have declined dramatically. Just my opinion. :ayatollah:

I suggest you go to more games and watch him closer in future. Just because he battles and uses his pace to cover doesn't make him a good footballer. He makes a few horrendous mistakes each game. Our best player this year? :o[/quote]

Saying his pace gets him out of situations isn't a bad thing! Oh messi is rubbish he uses his pace to run past players, the same with Ronaldo! :roll:

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:52 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

I suggest you go to more games and watch him closer in future. Just because he battles and uses his pace to cover doesn't make him a good footballer. He makes a few horrendous mistakes each game. Our best player this year? :o

Saying his pace gets him out of situations isn't a bad thing! Oh messi is rubbish he uses his pace to run past players, the same with Ronaldo! :roll:[/quote]

I'm not saying his pace isn't a bad thing. What i'm saying is without his pace and battling qualities, Mcnaughton would be Conference standard. Wait until his pace goes later in his career and he'll be taken apart. Take Naylor as an example, he had a little bit of pace which helped cover his defensive weaknesses earlier in his career, now his pace has gone, he's exposed. Now trust me, Naylor in his prime was a much better footballer than McNaughton, both in technical ability and decision making. When McNaughton gets to Naylor's point with his career, he will be in the lower leagues.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:56 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

I suggest you go to more games and watch him closer in future. Just because he battles and uses his pace to cover doesn't make him a good footballer. He makes a few horrendous mistakes each game. Our best player this year? :o[/quote]

i have been to every home game and a few away. so i dont think its not from watching enough games. who would u say our best player has been this year. and u keep saying conference player it is a joke. he wouldnt have been in this division for so long otherwise get real

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:57 pm

Saying his pace gets him out of situations isn't a bad thing! Oh messi is rubbish he uses his pace to run past players, the same with Ronaldo! :roll:[/quote]

I'm not saying his pace isn't a bad thing. What i'm saying is without his pace and battling qualities, Mcnaughton would be Conference standard. Wait until his pace goes later in his career and he'll be taken apart. Take Naylor as an example, he had a little bit of pace which helped cover his defensive weaknesses earlier in his career, now his pace has gone, he's exposed. Now trust me, Naylor in his prime was a much better footballer than McNaughton, both in technical ability and decision making. When McNaughton gets to Naylor's point with his career, he will be in the lower leagues.[/quote]

That may possibly true, but thats the future. Right now McNaughton is a very good defender and we can always rely on him. Of course he will get worse as he gets older and his pace goes, but by that point we will have moved on to bigger and better things so saying good bye to McNaughton won't effect us as much as it would now. I really don't get what you are saying, he is rubbish because he is successful through using his pace and when he gets into his 30's he will lose his pace and then not be as good a player? Is that right?

Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:10 pm

brilliantbluebirds09 wrote:Saying his pace gets him out of situations isn't a bad thing! Oh messi is rubbish he uses his pace to run past players, the same with Ronaldo! :roll:

I'm not saying his pace isn't a bad thing. What i'm saying is without his pace and battling qualities, Mcnaughton would be Conference standard. Wait until his pace goes later in his career and he'll be taken apart. Take Naylor as an example, he had a little bit of pace which helped cover his defensive weaknesses earlier in his career, now his pace has gone, he's exposed. Now trust me, Naylor in his prime was a much better footballer than McNaughton, both in technical ability and decision making. When McNaughton gets to Naylor's point with his career, he will be in the lower leagues.[/quote]

That may possibly true, but thats the future. Right now McNaughton is a very good defender and we can always rely on him. Of course he will get worse as he gets older and his pace goes, but by that point we will have moved on to bigger and better things so saying good bye to McNaughton won't effect us as much as it would now. I really don't get what you are saying, he is rubbish because he is successful through using his pace and when he gets into his 30's he will lose his pace and then not be as good a player? Is that right?[/quote]

I'm saying McNaughton's only qualities as a footballer are his battling and his pace. If it wasn't for those two qualities, he would be a Conference player now. However, I still don't think McNaughton is good enough for this level right now because he is too lightweight, his bad decision making allows him to get caught out far too often, his distribution is woeful, he gives the ball away in dangerous positions and he gets skinned too easy. People fail to realise as they're too busy watching Hudson and Naylor to make the next mistake, but I think Mcnaughton has been just as bad as anyone else in our shambles of a defense this season.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:16 pm

beckett wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

i have been to every home game and a few away. so i dont think its not from watching enough games. who would u say our best player has been this year. and u keep saying conference player it is a joke. he wouldnt have been in this division for so long otherwise get real[/quote]

I am not disputing the fact you haven't been to every game this season, nor have I said that Mcnaughton is a Conference level player right now, but he will be later in his career when his pace goes and he gets taken apart like Naylor currently is. In my opinion, it's no contest that Bothroyd has been our best player this season.